1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Voice/Mic Chat in Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by robgunns, Sep 1, 2016.

1. robgunns

robgunns Rookie

We need voice chat ingame on consoles this is something that needs to be added.

Astral_Magi and fity-x like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Different time stamp in chat Jan 27, 2022
    Chit Chat Room How to open multiplayer chat room in ACC (key binding) Sep 28, 2021
    ACC User Interface Is it possible to add an option to hide the in-game chat ? Aug 25, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Any plans for console to get text chat and keyboard support Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing FFB / Restart needed after every Setup-Save / Chat-Usage Feb 15, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Chat box in vr Oct 24, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] In Game Chat Option Enable/Disable for Leagues Sep 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Toxic chat and racism Aug 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Bad language in chat Jun 9, 2020
    ACC Audio Steam chat stutter Apr 26, 2020
    ACC User Interface [1.3.11] Safe Zone Margins & Chat Box Apr 22, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Chat Continues to Operate Car Functions (wipers, headlights, etc) Mar 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer text chat message mapped to a button Mar 7, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Time Stamp in MP Chat inconsistent Mar 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface Check/uncheck in the MFD and open multiplayer chat Feb 11, 2020

3. robgunns

robgunns Rookie

I have not heard anything about this which is a big concern.

Astral_Magi and pippo10 like this.
  4. fools jester

fools jester Gamer

There is voice chat in game. Works on xbox one

5. millo

millo Gamer

Would be awesome to have it also on PC version. Steam could do the job well IMO, but it isn't implemented yet. Ok there're also various voice chat software, but not everyone have those installed... :rolleyes:

6. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Would like to see a normal textchat like on PC

7. Astral_Magi

Astral_Magi Rookie

I support this notion. There is no mic function in this game on ps4, you'd have to be friends or in your own psn party chat. It should work like in Gt5/6 which had in lobby/race mic chat integrated from launch. Gt5 came out 6 years ago on the ps3.... so I'd say it's pretty unacceptable for this game not to have voice chat on ps4 in 2016. But thats not the only thing online gameplay is lacking right now, we are also waiting for news to be released in the next week for the plan to add custom lobbies. This game has about as much online content as a free psn game at the moment

Redxbcoupe likes this.
  8. fredzy

fredzy Rookie

Is chat integrated into Assetto Corsa on xbox, or is it some xbox application/function working independently of the game?

One thing I'll note, is that the PS Messages app for iPhone and probably Android works really well as a substitute. It's very easy to find people you're playing with in-game and send PSN messages real quick from the phone.

9. robgunns

robgunns Rookie

Really hope something is done about this..Still nothing being mentioned about it anywhere.

10. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

There is no need to wait. Just use what is available now, such as Skype and Hangouts, even Discord or TeamSpeak. I've even known drivers to use their cell phones, but watch your charges. If you must, even Google Voice is free, if you are in the US.

The last time that I checked, their free versions all have enough headroom to group 16 drivers in a conversation.

11. robgunns

robgunns Rookie

I understand they are plenty of options for a group but when its open lobbies there are no options for communication to other players other than messaging outside assetto(ps message etc)would be awesome to have a chat within the lobby so u can chat to all at once.

12. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

How many console racing sims have chat in open lobbies?

All you would get is a bunch of weenies playing crappy music in their background or doing sound effects with their voice.

Let's see what we get with private lobbies first.

13. robgunns

robgunns Rookie

Almost all console games have ingame chat with the option to mute players if u choose to do so.

14. Brainspasm

Brainspasm Gamer

i would like to see a TEXT CHAT,
    voice chat maybe optional- it sucks hearing disgusting loud noises from random strangers.
    nothing is worse than midrace a ***** joins the server with loud music in background or screaming into the mic ect ect ect.... it kill my ears and my race :)

text chat is the best, like in gt5/6 awesome lobby :)

SlimCharles and robgunns like this.
  15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If that is added, please add an option to not have it. Idiot gets in the middle of the race trolling and the race is ruined.

16. merkin

merkin Rookie

I only have about 2-3 months in this game and decided to try an online lobby and jumped into what I think was a free-drive (not necessarily a race) on that long German track. Don't ask me to spell it. I have a rough idea of the track layout from some practice, but I'm certainly nowhere near being proficient at it. After a pit to repair damage, someone else came out behind me and so I pulled over to the side there just after the barriers on the track and he pulled up next to me. I assumed he wanted to race. I really wanted to tell the guy I'm not proficient enough to do this yet and realized one flaw in this game is there is no way to communicate with anyone, as far as I can tell. Yeah, some will abuse communication, but otherwise, I can see it as being a very important element to making things run well.

17. robgunns

robgunns Rookie

Can we get a response to this please.I dont want to be posting again in a differet part of the forum.I understand KUNOS u have a lot to deal with but any thoughts on this it would be great to hear from you.