1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic "End of the year" blog - What's in store for 2017

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Dec 31, 2016.

1. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

http://console.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-end-year-blog/

By Marco Massarutto (Executive Manager – Kunos Simulazioni)

Another year has passed, actually our greatest one since we founded Kunos Simulazioni almost 12 years ago. We announced the Assetto Corsa’s project in December 2011, and so many things have happened since. We would never imagined that one day the game was going to be ported on PS4 and XB1, and even less that Assetto Corsa was going to feature such licenses and partnerships with the most important and iconic car manufacturers! The Porsche Program we unveiled this year has been awesome, and we are so proud to be able to share with our fans the very best of their production. 24 Porsche cars, reproduced in direct and close connection with their R&D department, as well as the Porsche Historic Museum. What a journey! We’ll never forget it, from a professional and human point of view.

The porting of Assetto Corsa on console has been an incredible journey as well, a crazy challenge for a little team like ours, and I would like to thank all our community for their awesome support and patience. We have faced a challenge that was totally new for us, discovering that there is much more behind the scenes, that is not related to coding, performances, features (I mean, the kind of things that as developers we are used to knowing and managing), but that needs to be done. Being able to release the game on PS4, XB1 and continue to keep it updated and optimize it also on PC has been very challenging and it’s pushed each single member of our team to the limit. But we did it, and your support and constructive criticism has given us additional motivation to work at our very best. I would like to take this opportunity to thank 505 Games, our publisher for the console version of Assetto Corsa. They have supported us at their best and have never asked or proposed us to change the DNA of our simulation “just” to please a wider audience. In a world dominated only by numbers, we really appreciate it, and thanks to this, our fans today can enjoy a genuine simulation on console. That, followed by Top Gear magazine, seeing that Assetto Corsa is one of the 2016’s seven greatest gaming moments! And how I could not mention the RedBull.com award that ASSETTO CORSA won, as READERS’ RACING GAME OF THE YEAR? Simply outstanding, thank you so much!

So… What now?

Well, we are going to surprise you in 2017. With new features and content, new DLCs as well free bonus cars and tracks. The latest PC build of Assetto Corsa introduced the customized championship, a very appreciated feature that will be explicit even better in future, and that will be extended also to the console version. At the moment, the team is working on private lobbies that will allow gamers to create their own races with their friends and create leagues. Also, we’ll continue to work to improve the control customization on console.

While you wait to get your hands on these new features, you will have a lot of fun with some new content: the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 will land on PS4 and XB1 as soon as possible, but it will not come alone. Let’s talk about tracks, shall we? The operations and logistics needed to bring the Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway in Assetto Corsa needed more time than supposed, and while we confirm you will finally put your wheels on this iconic track within half 2017, we’ll keep you busy with a new – surprising – circuit, created from scratch and designed to meet your requests.

In fact, since the “ideal” circuit doesn’t exist in the real world, we created it. Do you like city tracks? Drift layouts? Endurance courses? Then you will get all of them, with a new circuit, that will be available as free bonus content, in 4 different configurations, ideally placed in Scotland and created in partnership with Nvidia and Sparco. This track will allow you to enjoy each car included in Assetto Corsa, from the very little and quiet Abarth 595 to the racing cars designed for endurance racing, to the GT cars you are enjoying so much. We’ll unveil more details very soon, our aim is to release it within the Q1 2017.

It’s time also for some new free bonus cars, like the Mazda 787B, the Miata NA, the new Maserati Quattroporte and the new Audi TT. Then, we’ll be back with a new awesome “British Pack” that will bring you the latest line-up from McLaren, Lotus and maybe, something more. After that, we’ll welcome you again in our beautiful Italy, the Country of Alfa Romeo, Maserati and the Ferrari. Yes, the Ferrari: As you might know, in 2017 we will celebrate 70 years of the most iconic automotive Brand, and we’ll do it in our style, with seven of the most iconic and famous models created in Maranello. You can already start to think about your favourite ones, because you will have the chance to vote for it!

We’ve also started to work to create some new and solid basis for the future. Assetto Corsa is so much more we ever imagined, and our company has grown so much since we founded it. In the last period we worked to grow, evolve and improve our teamwork and logistics. Taking advantage of the maintenance operations that will involve the Vallelunga circuit for all of 2017, we are now putting the final touches together to open a new studio, still close to the Autodromo di Vallelunga, but with dedicated areas for VR, testing, multiplayer and R&D, that will allow us to work better! We will also be able to invite our guests, customers and gamers to an environment specifically designed for the production of racing games and simulations. This means there might be the possibility to invite our fans and supporters to our studio to discover what is in progress, and for massive testing, without the limitations imposed in a locations designed mainly for track activities.

So, another exciting year is approaching, but we haven’t told you everything yet! All of this wouldn’t have been possible without your dedication, support and -let me say- love for what we have done here. Believe me, the passion we see every day around Assetto Corsa, through these years, have given us the determination to work at our best even when things are not easy, and especially when we have faced some tricky challenges.

One final thing… Thanks to the great partnership with SPARCO, who recently officially jumped into the gaming world introducing a new dedicated cockpit, in 2017 we’ll unveil the most wanted official Assetto Corsa merchandise that you’ve been asking for! Stay tuned for more info!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge End of Year Community Blog Jan 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa End of Year Blog Dec 31, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Monday at 5:39 PM
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT2 Enduro light bug Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Inconsistent frame rate on App Render GPU Time arround 7-9ms Dec 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR Endurance Cup Round 1 Oct 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Recommended PC server host? (UK) Jul 24, 2023

3. When can I vote and what can I vote?

AvGas likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

5. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Thats amazing. I'd like to see the 330 p4, the 288 and the 250 gto in that poll, they would get my vote for sure! Pls Kunos :)

Pleite likes this.
  6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

The S1 E2...finally!! :eek:
    Thanks for sharing this picture!

Poll doesn't exist yet, unfortunately.

The 330 P4 will get my vote as well if It gets there!

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  7. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

That all sounds fantastic. AC is going to dominate racing on consoles in 2017 by the sound of it.
    I'd vote for the 355 Challenge Stradale thank you very much. And the F430 Scuderia too please.

Pleite and CtrlAltDeLaet like this.
  8. Let me know when the poll exist.

9. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Enzo and this 312 P wouldn't be a bad idea either

images.jpg

10. This is all amazing news, really excited for the MX5 NA, 787B and TT and it's also nice to see Scotland getting some love:D This is going to be a great year for AC, keep up the good work Kunos.

ZX636 and Pleite like this.
  11. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Great to hear that 7 new Ferraris are on the way. However, being able to vote for them seems odd. I hope @Lord Kunos got his 250 GTO wish for Christmas.

Wouldn't the incredible F2004 mod becoming official AC content be a nice surprise?! Please make it happen Marco.

I like the sound of the Scotland location which will offer various configurations for different driving disciplines. The endurance layout has me intrigued and I am looking forward to trying an LMP1 there as soon as possible - Ideally the Toyota TS040-HYBRID of course!

The mention of maybe getting "something more" as part of the upcoming British Pack is interesting. Could we perhaps see Bentley arriving with the Continental GT3 or maybe even the Speed 8 LMP?

I was hoping to see a more detailed content roadmap than we have done but I am happy to speculate and hope along with everybody else.

The 4 months I have been an AC user have been utterly brilliant and I look forward to my first full year as part of it.

Happy New Year to all at Kunos, 505 Studios and all members of this community.

AvGas, Pleite and Donnced2 like this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

[​IMG]
    Seeems odd why. Dreampack 1-3 cars were voted by PC community.

13. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

About voting..how many months before the packs were actually released? Thanks

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Seems that 2017 will be a joyful year...

Custom Championships,private lobbies.. Controller customization.. That Scottish 4 in 1 track.. Laguna Seca

And..where we have to vote for the Ferrari cars??? Would be pleased to see the 3 time le mans winner form the early 60's!

The Mazda 787B will also be great for me... I want to hear hi rotatory engine sound..
    Hehe

Happy new year to you all!

Pleite likes this.
  15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion-2-choose-the-cars/

Long time :D But probably happens faster this time. I wouldn't hold my breath for Ferrari pack though, it's probably towards end of 2017 and Brit Pack will be before it. Because for 3D modelers to even begin the work, they need the vote results first.

ZX636 likes this.
  16. I want to vote another Nissan.

17. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Those Bentleys would be brilliant. Also, some Astons wouldn't hurt; pity there seems to be something preventing them from coming, as I've heard it.

18. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I never knew that. Happened before my AC console days.
    Aston Martin are apparently very expensive to licence and an agreement couldn't be met.

Pleite likes this.
  19. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Custom championships can't come soon enough to console.

20. Kunos, don't forget about Nissan.

21. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

Future sounds bright!

I hope Kunos adds a few sports cars from the US when they launch Laguna Seca. They have the majority of the car models done for cars like the Corvette Z06 and the Mustang GT350R. Add in a Viper ACR and a Ford GT and they would be all set for a Laguna Seca DLC package.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk