1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update: Private Lobbies

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Its not that its so highly rated as being perfect physics wise, it isn't, the same as A/C isn't. and both never will be no matter what people say.
    you can only replicate so much with vibration through a wheel, a lot of the info you get from a cars behavior and handling comes from various forces and as long as you sit in a stationery chair with a vibrating wheel that gives two forces really, get tighter or looser you can only do so much, but you can get enough to feel connected to the car and road to an extent and enough to make it feel exhilarating, after playing dirt rally for more than 20 mins I need to have a break as i'm pumping so much, adrenaline flowing.

Pcars has some cars that are/feel better than others to drive, same as A/C, but what Pcars does do is let like minded people race together and have great fun doing so, a lot of the aliens that play racing games including the so called SIMS, are far better than most as they don't drive the track and car like a real car they drive to beat a program and exploit everything and anything to get the best they can from the program, not a complaint or saying it's cheating or that it bothers me, they are just complete gamer's and very skillful, you then get guys that play the racing games like they would drive a real car and they aren't exploiting the program as such, we all know most aliens don't even drive lol,

I'm not knocking these chaps as when i have played with them they have been nice and helpful but trust me everyone I have raced with on stock setup i have beat or at least not been half as far behind and most haven't accepted the challenge as they have perfected certain cars, setups, i.e getting the best out of the program is key, and most Aliens as I said won't even race you on stock settings. and before everyone says they share, yes some/most do, but I know for fact a lot give settings out but hold certain key things back or change key elements, and of course the biggest factor they just practice a hell of a lot more and some live and breathe the genre,you get out what you put in and all that, man that went off topic lol, Pcars is really good fun but it aint perfect by any means, but lets be honest it's highly rated on console, because well for circuit racing outwith F1 and rallying (depends on version, some really bad, some great fun) what else other than GT is out there???

2. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

Since you mention GT, I keep hearing people complain about the standard of driving in AC public rooms, if you've competed in any of the GT sport beta races you'll know that AC is not that bad really. Racing in AC has thought me a lot about how to deal with clueless aggressive drivers.

Luisandro likes this.
  4. And unfortunately I haven't played Gt beta you lucky bugger lol, but on previous gt games your right, without the right group it is like any other racing game, most people aren't at our skill level, i personally like helping people embrace the genre and geting their skill level up, i have made many friends who are now great to race with but at the start, they were what you would term clueless aggressive drivers, clueless and aggressive are too different things, plus i don't mind aggressive if you have the skill to back it up, all the great racing drivers where termed as aggressive lol.

5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

The physics suck, but the MP (multi-player) system is great.

- Creating lobbies is dead simple, and anyone can do it
    - Build-in voice chat (this is a blessing and a curse, IMO) with the ability to mute players
    - Voting system for change track in MP lobby
    - Host is able to kick bad players
    - Players are able to stay in lobby during car/track rotation

Many players are willing to "work around" pCARS wonky physics in order to enjoy a good online race. Yes, pCARS has wreckers; all MP games have trolls. The difference is that it is super-easy to run a spectacular lobby in pCARS.

I believe AC will get there. I'm really looking forward to custom lobbies, but I'm reserving any judgement until they're available for use. As far as timeline goes, I'm the CTO of a software company, so no one is more empathetic to missed deadlines than me. I'm not saying anyone else has to be, but you won't find me lining up to yell at Kunos for missing deadlines. I do enough of that in my day job :)

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  6. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

It seems to me the "physics question" is a matter of taste. I'm wondering if there is an objective way to judge physics in sims and what would be the criteria. I like Project CARS' physics more. I absolutely feel disconnected to the track when driving on AC. Project CARS provides much more information about what the car's doing in my opinion.
    I understand this is the AC forum and people will always praise more the game they're playing, but it's quite irritating when people say AC's physics are much superior than any other game.
    Again, what are the criteria? I think realism should be one key criterion, and that's where AC doesn't look good, even if the graphics are mint. AC does strange things. When you hit a car you bounce off as if the car had a layer of rubber instead of paint. It appears car parts do not absorb kinetic energy as they should, and the gras seems to be always wet. Also the instant loss of grip sometimes is very strange. I know, I said this before and I don't want to repeat the same stuff over and over again, but I'm wondering if people do notice these things and just keep it for themselves because they don't want to be offended for "being so negative".
    @Topic I'm really looking forward to see how they implement custom lobbies.

hoss2852 and Photonmonkey like this.
  7. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

I totally agree with the physics side, AC has bad cars and so does PCARS. I think they are both in the same ball park when it comes to the physics, some cars good some cars bad. I have gone back to PCARS whilst I wait for the update and it feels as good as AC in my opinion, just too much lack of grip when the tyres are cold, so I do get the 'driving on ice' comments but once tyres are warmed up not a problem. I love both games/sims equally.

hoss2852 and rich1e I like this.
  8. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

Well, actually it's quite realistic to not have grip on cold tyres. The annoying thing is that it misses the tyre warmer feature, but at least you start with the ideal temperature in the race. I don't know why tyre warmers are turned off in AC MP. There's not one single series in the world where cars have cold tyres at the start of the race.

hoss2852 likes this.
  9. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

You see a group of petulant children shouting and stamping their feet at not getting their own way, I see a group of frustrated console SIM racers who just want to have the best experience possible !
    Some contributors to the forums ( myself included ) turn to humour or sarcasm in their replies in an attempt to "lighten the mood" to get their point across !
    We're all playing for the same "team" so to speak, all looking towards the same goal. Some people can express themselves in better ways than others, but they shouldn't be berated for it !

10. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Nascar, Indycar, IMSA don't start on tires fresh out of tire warmers if I remember correctly. They might get to put a little heat into the tires on the formation laps, but I wouldn't say they start on hot tires at optimal pressure.

SGT EDUBB, bradleyland and Tomcul like this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

On tyre warmers A/C is a sim so the series which have tyre warmers should have them in game. The F1 cars starting online races with stone cold tyres is just wrong, and causes so many crashes on first lap.

12. Öner Şenol

Öner Şenol Rookie

Come on now come on :)

13. rich1e I

rich1e I Simracer

That's right but AC says we shall start with stone cold tyres.

14. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

those series also go out of their way to have enough warm up laps allowing the tires to get warm at the rate they should at race starts and green flags. So its not like those cars are racing with truly cold tires at any point other than after they pit. Even then say with nascar, the drivers need to be carefull not to get their tires warm to quickly believe it or not. Something about it causes them to not have good grip that whole run.

15. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

This doesn't really feel like a rebuttal.

16. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Some racing series have TWO warmup laps, just to be sure.
    I can't think of any that would knowingly send drivers out on stone cold tyres. It's lunacy.

17. DAVEY-D

DAVEY-D Rookie

I occasionally get caught out by cold tyres due to excitement and when it all goes pear shaped I feel incredibly stupid because i should've known better. As for the first corner I look for the safest way to turn one, not the fastest and creep past the carnage, but never finish on a podium because the first 3 are long gone☺

18. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

just carrying on the conversation.

19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

console users have been going on about the cold tyres in multiplayer since day 1, apparently on pc you can select warmers on or off. Kunos haven't said a single word about it since launch, or done anything about it apart from ignore it. Why can't they turn them on server side if its in the code, all the other room settings are in the code which they set for us.

PRO Stream BG and Reinart86 like this.
  20. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I think when the custom lobby patch is released we finally can use a warm tyres at start...so a bit more patience about that feature! But im looking for FoV,Button Mapping and Seat position settings, this what worry me,if is incluided in the patch or not! I hope it is , because i dont want wait more mounths to play again the game!