1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

G920 Wheel is really stiff

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Chriscore, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Chriscore

Chriscore Rookie

Hi, new here hope im doing this right by posting here. I just got my first wheel and ac on pc. Im finding the wheel really stiff when it comes to turning. I tried messing with the wheel sensitivity in the logitech software but that didnt seem to make a difference. Also ran the setup wizard and tinkered with the ffb but still pretty stiff to turn. Is there anything im doing wrong?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error exiting [outdated Logitech software with G920 wheel] Jan 2, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds "Logitech G920 driving force racing wheel USB not connected" Aug 14, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G920 Xbox one wheel centring Aug 7, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G920 no wheel no pedals Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech g920 no pedals and wheel Jun 23, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asseto corsa having sevre issues with G920 wheel and shifter May 1, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel Rotation mismatch G920 Jun 26, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Steering wheel g920 does not sync with game Mar 19, 2019
    Console Lounge New to Sim Racing, looking for wheel settings (XB1) (G920). Nov 7, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech g920 dismatch virtual/real wheel (resolved) Aug 17, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G920 wheel settings removing each race Apr 15, 2017
    Bug reports Missing MGU K Mode Button on G920 Wheel Layout Feb 12, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g920 don't match virtual wheel rotation Feb 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Dirt rally G920 wheel settings Feb 5, 2017

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Hi Chriscore, have a look at the FFB strength settings and turn them down a bit. Try them at 70% and work your way up in both the Logitech settings and the AC controller options. Good luck getting it to the force you desire.

Ricardo Rey and Ischemica like this.
  4. Ricardo Rey

Ricardo Rey Rookie

Hi Chriscore...

I am by no means an expert, but I found basically the same configuration on multiple web sites for the Logitech profiler which state that it is important to set it (the profiler) up first like this:
    • Overall Effects Strength: 101
    • Spring Effect Strength: 0
    • Damper Effect Strength: 0
    • Enable centering spring in force feedback games: checked
    • Centering Spring: 0
    • Degrees of rotation: 900
    • Allow game to adjust settings: checked
    Then go in-game and use the setting mentioned above. It's really a matter of personal preference in-game. Google for your particular wheel. It worked for me.

Cheers!

Schnipp and Ischemica like this.
  5. Chriscore

Chriscore Rookie

Hi, thanks for the response! This sounds noobish but where are you seeing these parameters you have listed? I have the rotation set to 900 but i dont see any of the others.

6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Go to control panels, view devices, right click your wheel and select game controller settigns or something to that effect. I'm awqay from my gaming rig atm, maybe someone can provide a more detailed path to the control panel for your wheel.

Ingame, go to settings, controls, last tab, ffb gain should be no more than 100, I recommend around 80% to start with.

Once you get on track, press +/- on your keypad to make sure your incar gain isn't all out of proportion. Somewhere around 100 should be pretty decent (70-130).

7. Ricardo Rey

Ricardo Rey Rookie

@Chriscore
    On Windows 8-10, to the right on your task bar is an up arrow (like >, except pointing up). Left click on it and a pop-up menu will appear. Assuming you have the default install, there should be an icon that looks like a game controller. Right click on the controller icon and another menu pops up. Select Logitech profiler. You should see a screen with your wheel. From the menu select Options, then Global Device settings. From that screen you will make the changes I mentioned above.
    Logitech Profiler Settings
    • Overall Effects Strength: 101
    • Spring Effect Strength: 0
    • Damper Effect Strength: 0
    • Enable centering spring in force feedback games: checked
    • Centering Spring: 0
    • Degrees of rotation: 900
    • Allow game to adjust settings: checked
    Click OK and exit completely out of the profiler. Write down the settings from @Horus above as follows:
    Assetto Corsa Settings
    • Steering - ears1991 mod (Some settings may be mod specific. I have different profiles)
    • Gain - 93%
    • Filter - 0%
    • Minimum Force 0%
    • Kerb & Road & Slip Effects - 0%
    • Brake Gamma - 1.00
    (Change sensitivity settings for brake and throttle to 0%, Throttle & Brake - 3% Deadzone , Clutch - 5% Deadzone and 100% Range in Logitech Profiler Axis Properties)

Fire up AC, go to options, controllers. Input the settings you wrote down from @Horus settings. Try it out and adjust to your liking.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Chriscore likes this.
  8. Chriscore

Chriscore Rookie

Thanks for the help guys, managed to get it right. I can actually turn now :)

Ricardo Rey likes this.
  9. kroko

kroko Rookie

Hello guys, I recently bought the wheel and I am having the same issue. Is anyone able to help me find where the logitech profiler is located for G29 on windows 8. Because when I go to control panel and I find my wheel through the devices tab, when I right my wheel I don't get a tab with these options or are they supposed to be in the logitech software ?

10. Horus

Horus Alien

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads

Find the software for your wheel. Make sure the wheel is unplugged before you start the install process. I have a G27 so use Logitech profiler, not sure what you use for the G29. Good luck.

11. [MPW] ColTeH

[MPW] ColTeH Rookie

G29 and G920 does not use Logitech Profiler and we don't get those settings =(

Horus likes this.