1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Overhauled Timing Information

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scuderia Paul, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

One of the areas where I think Assetto Corsa has great room for improvement, and is in real need of it, is an overhauled timing system on console.

The main issue is the HUD info needs to have live timing and not the current set-up of updating each lap. The image below shows my starting position of P13 on the left and my current position of P8. The timing tower is way behind and offers no gap to opponents or updated positions until the start of L2.

I have to say it, but this is handled far better by rival games. The PCars system shows your gap to the cars immediately ahead and behind. This along with time to the leader would be great and would be less obtrusive on the screen.

Also, the timing tower should be able to be displayed along with the tyre info data below. We should not have to choose between them.

Would it be possible to have all HUD elements pushed closer to the edge of the screen. There is too much space gone to waste out there.

PS_Messages_20170601_215307.jpg
    Another little timing issue which really bugs me is that at the end of a race we are unable to see total race time and gap between cars instead we are simply shown the fastest lap for each car. After a race this is pointless on it's own.

Would it be possible to insert an additional column with the requested information?

PS_Messages_20170601_214006.jpg
    @Lord Kunos @AC_CM505

Sohail_16, pippo10, Pip_-72- and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds RSR Live Timing Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Gameplay timing on communicating penalties Mar 3, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Assetto Corsa rally timing framework - Patrick Brunner's co-driver mod 2.0 Jun 18, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality SteamVR frame timings with update 1.8.10 Jan 18, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Timing App Jan 8, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4CC crash [GPU timing out] Dec 7, 2021
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes SimView - Live timing WebApp [Server Plugin] Oct 9, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Possible oultan timing gate bug Oct 8, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Timing Issue puts me a lap behind Feb 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Wierd daytiming Feb 5, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues RSR Live Timing Issue - assists aren't correct Dec 27, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues RSR Live Timing - Driver not recognized Dec 27, 2020
    ACC User Interface [1.6.0] MFD Timings Gap & Position Page Frozen Nov 18, 2020

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

How it looks on PC - this might be an indication where it's headed on console as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The leaderboard is semi-static, updating each completed lap. The Realtime app is needed to show current gaps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For practice/qualifying it'll show lap times instead of course. Note that on the PC version on the menu leaderboard/timing there's also no gap to leader/car in front for lap times shown, only total time.

pippo10 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  4. Scuderia Paul

@Epistolarius Is the Real-time app an official Kunos app or a mod? The Real-time app is just the sort of thing we could do with.

After a race even total time would be fine as we could work out gaps ourselves.

Thanks for posting those images.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Realtime is an official app. Should be noted that it shows the gaps to cars physically in front/behind you, not in terms of positions. But it's the only app that shows gaps in real time.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Currently the timing system is far too primitive for a SIM. Also reg. not having to choose between the timing tower and tyre app this is one of my gripes. I want the map on without the timing tower as I find it intrusive. I don't use the map for navigation but i use it mostly for Qualifying purposes so I can see any cars ahead that have spun on track or cars coming behind me when I have spun so I can keep out of the way.

I propose an option like which we got eventually in GT5 after many complaints where we could turn on and off each individual app.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  7. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Honestly the overhauled timing combined with the realtime app is top-notch.
    Thanks KS.

8. Scuderia Paul

That's good to hear and hopefully us console users will be pulled from the dark ages to experience it too.

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  9. Johnny Major

Johnny Major Rookie

What do the various colors indicate in the names on the real-time app as well as dots below the names on leader board.

Thanks