1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic NEWS/INFOS From Social Media

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Many reviewers out there have this dilemma, they get free stuff to review -- harsh criticism? They might not get it anymore. I think ISR is still fairly trustworthy, at least they have knowledge of simracing as a genre, unlike 95% of other review channels (who aren't above this either, no matter what they say)

As for pCars 2, clearly better than pCars 1 in every regard. In some areas better than AC. But physics, FFB or AI not one of them..

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. That is true but still, their biases seem to be more based on who treats them the best rather than who makes the best product so I think it's important to take what they say with a grain of salt, always.

Honestly the fact that they barely cover the 3 best sims on the market hands down says a lot (AC, AMS, RF2) when they also happen to be the ones with the smallest budgets.

I do get why they don't cover fanatec though lol

paul_wev likes this.
  3. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I don't know if its the same poster but there was someone else called 99Plato ( or similar) that kept repeating how much better Pcars1 was than AC and that pcars had no bugs like AC. If they are not the same person, what a coincidence to have Plato and 99 in your username and also talk garbage. Liking one thing more than something else is normal, but denying the truth is quite another. Funny how none of these bugs were mentioned before release.

agree, that one channel called "should you buy it" says how great Pcars2 is, how great the physics and ffb are. But does not mention one single negative, no flaws in the game, no bugs. The only negative is nothing to do with the game itself, just that it's a SIM so you should play with a wheel. Yea I'm gonna trust his objectivity. He's obviously paid.

I love AC but I could not make a review filled with only positives, because I know its flaws even if they don't bother me for the most part. I know others may want that info before purchasing.

paul_wev likes this.
  4. dawg

dawg Racer

I just wish they would send me a brand new wheel to test out. Reviewers die in that stuff because every developer/manufacturer sends their stuff to them.

Send it to me, I say! Sponsor me and my small bank account! Fanatec, Thrustmaster, you hear me!? :cool:

paul_wev likes this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

;)

Actually he is right.

As a driving experience, Assetto is still the daddy by far.

As a functioning game, PCars 2 is arguably in a better state than AC now. At least at the same level and for sure better than the XBOX version of AC.

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

pippo10, bradleyland, @P73 and 2 others like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not sure if I feel the same way. Driving itself in pCars 2 is surprisingly good (compared to the crap handling of pCars 1 especially), while still would rate it under AC in terms of FFB and physics (mainly because it's inconsistent, some cars feel great, some like rubbish, when as in AC everything is pretty much spot on and one FFB setting works for all cars)

But the career in pCars 2 isn't much to write home about, there is little reason to other than Quick Races (same as AC, although AC has custom championships). pCars 2 added lots of series, but then some of them are really half assed job, without proper rules (like the Oval racing without full course yellows)

Also, in it's current state the AI is atrocious. They crash into you and each other non stop, also very inconsistent between tracks and weather conditions, same settings can be too easy and way too fast on 2 different tracks. Which pretty much ruins the SP experience atm. Assetto is miles and miles ahead, in terms of AI behavior. Cleaner more consistent racing, with better overtaking skills, less ramming the player, less robotic.

pCars 2 isn't bad game, but ironically in it's current state the SP element is very close to that "hotlap simulator" AC was once ridiculed as. Hope SMS keeps working on it (and not already moving to pCars 3) it could be really nicely co-existing alternative to AC in the future, with livetrack function (driving rain is more interesting than I thought, when it's properly made with dynamic puddles and aquaplaning) But way they never fixed most issues in pCars 1, is worrying

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Problem with the console version of AC is that it has gone worse in the bugs aspect. Online now has the limbo problem and there is also the issue that the game completely erases all your progress. To add that Custom Championships sometimes mess up the point system.

If I remember well, at the release AC was in a better state related to bugs and issues (that it was "hot lapping only" was always a mythe). That's why I say now PCars2 is in a better state as a functioning game compared to AC.

About the rest of the things you are poiting, I agree with the ffb matter but not with the AI and the career mode. Didn't tried the last one and did only one race with the AI, but the career mode seem very interesting (and real regulation of one type of motorsport can be something to critize when comparing to Assetto, when this one has none of it) and the AI worked great on Portimao. I know now it's pretty much caos, but I dont see how it can be more robotic than AC's AI. It uses much more eficiently the track and has much less fear to overtake. AC's AI is fantastic, but it is also the most robotic thing I've ever seen in this matter: when they realise there is a car along side them or they overtake they move too abruptly and they also pretty much make the same things in every part of the track. It's not something that bothers me; there is a lot of other things to do with the AI more important to me like pit stops but mostly remove the fear to overtake.

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well I noticed pCars got updated just now, with AI improvements. Haven't tested yet. And AC "hotlapping simulator" comes from time when PC version AI was truly terrible, nothing more than placeholder really. Console version wasn't even announced yet, way back. But some idiots kept repeating that slogan (some geniuses still do), years later when AI became better (pretty sure they didn't even try it later, just repeating old truths)

10. So true. People do that to a lot of racing games. Whatever problem there was early on, or sometimes even before release, the reputation sometimes sticks. It's annoying.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  11. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I keep hearing that but I thought It was due to the way the car list was built (many cars with no rivals).

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  12. xela1

xela1 Racer

right ZX636 also gave and give AC nickname "hot lap simulator"cause of Kunos curious choice of DLC cars, wonderfull racing cars without opponents (e.g. MC12 Gt1 , F1, 911RSR, GTO 250 ....)

ZX636 and SlimCharles like this.
  13. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

What you say about car selection is true especially for me there are a lot of road cars but not enough race cars. This a fact butthe situation is less bad than it can seems at a first look. I want to means that in AC there are some cars that can race together and sometimes competed between them also in real life but in the game this is simply not highlighted. This is the case for instance of the Lotus Evora GTC which in the past years participated to the GTC class around the world competing with the 911 GT3 Cup and the Ferrari 430 Challenge (sadly missing). More recently in similar classes the Praga R1 competed with the 911 GT3 Cup as well. Than it is possible to set a championship with these cars. If you want to set a competitive championship I suggest to start with the car you want to race then look for real races tomhave an indications about the opponents. After that if some of the opponent is present in the game ok otherwise you cna find similar checking the performance of the cars. To do this the best is that you hotlap these cars to fix if they can compete together . Do not trust about the indication in the car screen as frequently they do not reflect the lap times. I think it should be intersting for me a thread avout the customs championship which the people set up.

@P73, xela1 and Hugo Catarino like this.
  14. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

I thought about doing that quite a few times!not only the cars,but with the liveries and respective real drivers!

@P73 likes this.
  15. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Please, do it! It will be brilliant to have such a thread.

16. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

I'll do it then,as soon as i collect some data.maybe tonight or tomorrow morning ;)

@P73 likes this.
  17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

18. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

IMO, what is needed extends a little beyond what can be handled in a forum post. The problem with forum posts is that they're organized by time, and there is no way for a curator to prune off-topic items. For example, it is not unusual for someone to come along and post discussion in a thread that is intended for posting custom championship configurations only.

I don't know if you guys have a Gmail account, but Google Drive (formerly Google Docs) provides some very nice tools for managing this kind of information. For example, I have created a Google Spreadsheet that pulls world record data from the RSR Live Timings leaderboard. This data is collected on PC from an Assetto Corsa plug-in, so the data is PC based, but because AC on console tracks closely to AC on PC, the timing data is fairly reliable. This spreadsheet is available here: Assetto Corsa Lap Times link.

I am going to take a run at creating a custom championship database, which will use a Google Spreadsheet to present a list of custom championship configurations, and will post to a couple of the existing threads on the same topic.

Hugo Catarino and @P73 like this.
  19. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

20. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I opened a thread regarding customs championship configura
    Sorry Hugo I understood you were proposing me to open the thread