1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Help please with Fanatec CSL Elite

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Ethernaly, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Ethernaly

Ethernaly Rookie

I bought this wheel, plugged into PS4 turned on the assetto corsa and everything worked fine. On the second start, however, the steering wheel stopped working. The buttons on the steering wheel work but the steering wheel does not work. The steering wheel is in blue mode and has the latest update, which is V292.

Any idea please ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Share yuor setting Fanatec CSW 2.5 please Jan 29, 2019
    Suggestions PS4 Fanatec GT2 Support PLEASE+ Jun 27, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions fanatec-gt2-clubsports-support-please Jun 27, 2017
    Suggestions Fanatec GT2,Clubsports Support Please Jun 27, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec Xbox One: LED support please? Jun 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ahhh, fanatec clubsport pedal v2 problems, please help Oct 5, 2014
    Chit Chat Room FANATEC CSS vs. Thrustmaster TH8RS??? Your Opinion Please... Apr 14, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 fatal crash PLEASE help if you can Apr 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Someone please help!! Jul 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game crashing please help Jul 6, 2023

3. Kriccor

Kriccor Rookie

I got the same problem. It occurs like 3 times out of 10. I think it happens when you start the game (with the wheel connected yet) e go direct for a track session: buttons work but no steering.
    Now this seems to work for me:
    -connect the wheel to ps4
    -launch ac
    -go to ingame wheel options
    -change something, like some button mapping or I only check g29 box
    -then you can do whatever you want and go on track.
    Give it a try and let us know

4. Ethernaly

Ethernaly Rookie

Yes, it will be something like that. Sometimes it works, sometimes not - the difference is probably in the controllers login sequence and if it is in the game or in the dashboard. I'll solve it today.

5. phil 909

phil 909 Rookie

Yes, i have this error too. hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.
    Thanks for the workaround Kriccor, will try it this week.

6. phil 909

phil 909 Rookie

Still not working using the above workaround.
    Hopefully it’s fixed in the next update or the game is going back for a refund unfortunately.

7. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone,

Even though the team has been made aware of this issue, could you also please submit support tickets about this issue here ---> https://support.505games.com/support/signup

We'll keep you updated on this.

Many thanks.

8. phil 909

phil 909 Rookie

I did exactly that a few weeks ago, however 505 said there was nothing they could do and to report it on this forum instead! reply below.

"Hi Phil,
    Unfortunately if this is a bug, then there is nothing that we will be able to do for you from our end. That is why I had recommended that you send your report to the Assetto Corsa bug reporting forum(link here). If this is a valid issue, that is where you want to submit it for the developers to see.

-Dane C.
    505 Games Customer Support

Ticket: https://support.505games.com/helpdesk/tickets/28094"

9. Uff

Uff Andrea Candini

There should be a new driver available (293) with a new firmware too, you might want to try it. I don't know if it solves the issue though.

10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

An update regarding issues with the Fanatec CSL Elite:

- We are aware there is an issue with the button mapping, we are looking into this.
    - The identification issue has been solved in the upcoming patch.

Thanks

pippo10 likes this.
  11. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

when can they use their wheels do you think? Hint hint nudge nudge nudge Ferrari pack :)

12. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

When we know we'll communicate it immediately pippo10 :)

13. dawg

dawg Racer

Any news on this? Since it's not always working in AC, I opened a ticket with 505. They responded saying that officially the wheel isn't supported with AC on PS4.

Maybe it's possible to release a separate update to bring the patch for the identification bug for the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4? At least I hope so, restarting AC for sometimes over 20 times before it's working isn't really fun to do. :)

An example from today. It always are the CSL Elite LC Pedals for me, to be specific. The wheel itself works fine; I can setup all options and start a race. In the race itself I can't change TC or ABS but that is a known problem with this wheel too. But, the pedals won't work.

I've started the game with a controller, and then chose wheel within the options. I've started AC with the wheel, I turned the wheel on and off when AC was already started with a controller, I cycled through the wheel compatibility modes, and I've restarted AC at least more than 15-20 times today. The pedals just wouldn't work, so after an hour and a half I gave up for today. This is not the first time unfortunately. :(

I have all updates on PS4 and AC, and the wheel is running on the latest firmware (v293).

Really really frustrating. So I hope for an early in-between-dlc's-patch for this, the identification issue, I guess this is.

Hope hope hope. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017