1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 (to whom may concern) how are you finding AC on the X1X?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Rob capewell, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

it was over 12 months ago when i was getting sucked into all the hype surrounding project Scorpio but leading up to the release this week of the X1X i felt that all that early hype had kind of run out of steam... and if anything i had grown suspicious of MS's earlier claims.
    Anyway following the release and the very positive early reports (mainly from the rival station) i decided to get it and after a day of loading my games and knowing that AC had not released any additional patch to make the most of the new hardware i thought i would just try it out first to see if there was any difference before diving into the titles that had released a X1X enhancement... anyways i've just done a 5 lap race at Brands in the RSR and it was sooooo so smooth! i've only ever known AC on the xbox one and to be honest had no frame of reference regarding peoples gripes about fps but just now i was so impressed that i felt i should come on here and ask how others are getting on with it as there's been very little talk here so far?
    Because it runs so smooth everything else seems nicer too especially the other cars but maybe thats just the placebo effect after forking out a bit of my hard earned... Maybe but one things for sure its velvety smooth! and i loads up a whole lot quicker too!

ppbucko and ZX636 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Audio Loudness when going under a bridge (too loud) Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Physics Tires resettign to ideal when pressing restart. (Tought it to be an issue - works as designed) Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Ai teammate (Toggle ai driver)? Jan 29, 2020
    ACC User Interface Change message overlay situation (to top/bottom) Jan 27, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Plagued by MAIN_T (too high values) Feb 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Panel colors GT3 (too light?) Jan 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Interesting new fantasy track for AC (Toscana) Nov 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Chris Harris Drives: Bentley Continental GT3 at Spa (TopGear) Aug 26, 2016
    Tracks modding How to add AI to a track (to race against)? May 7, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues (Too) Strong FFFs while the car is levitating (in the air) Apr 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted on werner's 24/7 nordschleife trackday (touristenfahrten) Aug 26, 2015
    Tracks modding Job request for trd (toyota racing development). Aug 24, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Evora s trim looks like led lights (too bright) Dec 28, 2014
    Tracks modding Carball/autoball (topgear/tvtotal) stopped for now Oct 27, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can´t get radeon pro working since ac 1.0.x rc (to use supersampling) - any advice? Oct 18, 2014

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Every game runs so much beter on it, P Cars2 is a major improvement and looks so good with a solid frame rate. Forza 7 also looks better and runs smoother, also my TX wheel also seems to be smoother, Might be because the games are actually running at 60 fps instead of 40ish. I've also done a couple of races on AC, super smooth frame rate, game runs a lot better, but my god how dated does it look, this game needs a enhancement patch. This is how the xbone should run.

Nwg, Rob capewell and ZX636 like this.
  4. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

not even been on the others yet and it was the hype around PC2 that forced my wallet in the first place!... done about 4 races now on AC and i couldn't be happier.
    Gotta feel for these game developers who know how good their products can be but can't really go around blaming the under powered systems of the bigger companies they have to play nice with.

@P73 likes this.
  5. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Better fps but as stated earlier, some kind of graphics patch would be nice.

Rob capewell likes this.
  6. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Well it looks dated because it is a 5 year old PC sim tbh, bumping up the settings from medium to high does not really increase the visual quality much. Maybe the most you can get out of the patch is better AA, reflections and shadows but the latter two are heavily CPU intensive in AC which have a bad effect on fps even on the PC platform, but since you can only run 16 AI on the consoles (correct me if I'm wrong) you probably do indeed have some overhead to do a couple minor tweaks without screwing the framerates again. A workaround on the PC side is that we do is to use custom weather and lighting mods, plus add further post processing outside of the game's engine like SFx or ReShade and get it to look good and up to date which is not the case on consoles. Don't get me wrong, I love taking AC screenshots and that's one of my favorite things to do in AC, yet I can't bear to look at the stock game because even on ultra it looks a bit meh... but with just a couple external tweaks it starts to look gorgeous for what it is.

So yeah, TL;DR version - Most you can and should expect to get out of a patch is mild increase to AA/AF, reflections... even Forza and GT, especially PCars 2 have garbage shadow maps so I wouldn't expect AC to bump that up. Don't get the hopes up high for AC to magically turn into something other than an ugly duckling with a simple graphics patch. Maybe AC2 will be running a better graphics engine to keep up with the new titles. :p

7. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

black cat country apart (which looks like a old set from star trek) i like how AC looks, whenever i come back to it it feels clean and uncluttered... more natural but in a passive wholistic kind of way.
    But i agree with the above in that if you were to look closely at the individual renderings they are a bit simplistic and dated.

@P73 likes this.
  8. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Wish every racing game could be optimized for that beautiful, 60fps-smooth experience.

May I ask you a couple of questions?
    1. Does the performance take a big hit while using GFX mods like G&B Weather?
    2. How many PP effects (provided by Kunos) are available on PC?
    Thanks.

9. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Default weathers that come with the game -
    [​IMG]

GBW mod comes with these weathers -
    [​IMG]

Default PP filters are - b&w, blue steel, default, default bright, default dark, movie, natural, photographic, sepia, vintage

The GBW mod has no performance hit atleast on my rig, given that mine is a bit of an overkill system for AC but tbh I don't think you'd even lose a frame or two at worst using those on a mid range PC. That said, stuff like ReShade and SFx can drop the framerates by 5 to 10 depending on how aggressive of a filter you run.

ZX636 likes this.
  10. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

I have a XoneX too and AC feels and looks much better now. Same with all other games i tried. The X is worth every cent. Kunos should bring a X Patch. Higher Resolution or something like that. Shouldnt be to much work i think.

SOUMI and Rob capewell like this.
  11. drivendriver

drivendriver Rookie

I second that. While AC may be missing some bells and whistles in the graphics area, somehow visibility is better in this game than in some of the more recent games, and it really helps with the driving.

In addition, colors in AC look very natural compared to PC/PC2 (which often look over-saturated), and AC doesn't have the long-distance rendering anomalies that you see in PC2 (shimmering textures for example), and that can be very distracting.

Overall, for me, the clean and crisp look of AC really helps with immersion and focusing on the driving.

Having said that, I just played the Forza 7 demo on XBox One X, and I have to say the graphics look fabulous.

pippo10, ZX636 and Rob capewell like this.
  12. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

Agreed... Pc2 is a patch or two from complete but boy is that game good on the X1X, it really ironed out most of the issues i was having.

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I know I can’t believe the difference it has made to p cars 2.

Rob capewell likes this.
  14. yes it runs butter smooth 4k hdr tv here the upscaling is nice some say it loooks dated i think it looks good esp the replays and lighting sun shadows moving across the dash, i just got a sparco r383 for my TX, the ffb is sublime it must be the framerate helps the accuracy of the ffb, the xbow feels so damn good just like a turbo kart should this is the best road simulator they should make a rally game

Rob capewell and olevet like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Every game runs better on it.

Rob capewell likes this.