1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Request: Could people who bought AC get it cheaper on other platforms?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Nov 11, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I know this request is going to be 99% (or 100%) useless because many reasons: devs don't pass by the console section anymore (and Im not sure if it is the task of the devs that have passed by here, excepting probably Stefano), they haven't accepted many other requests far less daring, it's not something I have seen the community is begging for, fanboy/trolls will pass by, most likely there isn't a way to make this possible...

But I think it's a very fair request that at least deserves to be put out there. I expended 90 euros on the console version of AC (never expended so much money on a game, but it was indeed very well invested) dont know why I should expend a lot of money again to get it on PC.

Also I think could be interesting to know what the community thinks. So, Opinions?

Hugo Catarino likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay A request to the devs regarding AI… May 24, 2023
    General modding discussion search request for 3d modeling Feb 20, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022
    ACC Tools A wish or request for a LFM helper app Aug 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Is a post here sufficient to get the privilege to file a request for support? Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Request for DNF value in results file Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021
    ACC User Interface Feature Request - Notes area Nov 10, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    Console Lounge Request to have VR support in the PS5 next gen patch Aug 5, 2021
    ACC Physics Request: Access to BOP fuel tank capacity data Feb 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Control Bindings with Key Combinations [Feature Request] Nov 23, 2020
    Screens & Videos KTM-Imola [Hotalp review request] Nov 11, 2020
    General modding discussion Request for conversion Virtua LM GTPC Mod Sep 29, 2020

3. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

You sir are on glue!

Goto a restaurant tonight and order the most expensive steak on the menu.
    Eat it and enjoy.
    Go back tomorrow night and order anything of the menu and try to leave without paying.
    When they get upset that you don't want to pay for your meal, use the same argument you are trying above.
    "I paid lots of money for a steak last night, so I don't think i should have to pay to eat again"

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  4. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

That would be very nice indeed. First I bought AC on PS4 and about 6 months ago I switched from PS4 to PC/VR and bought AC (on sale) for PC. On both platforms also all the DLC packages. Don't tell my wife ;)
    Future DLC would be nice if that was interchangeable otherwise I will only buy PC.

EDIT:Something like Forza Motorsport 7 which can be played on XB and PC with the same 'license' right?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Hugo Catarino and SlimCharles like this.
  5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

AC is on sale almost monthly for 50% off or more sometimes. Upside of PC platform you see. Use the sales to your advantage if you do not want to pay full price simple as that. I can't think of any game that gives you a multi plat discount.

@P73 likes this.
  6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That comparison has no sense. The steak costs money to make: buy a cow, kill the cow, cut the cow into pieces, cook the steak, pay the waiter so he can "deliver" the steak to the costumer, pay the bills of the restaurant...

Kunos doesn't spend almost any money when you buy the game digital on steam.

I know. I'll be honest: Im sure this wont happen (like I said, the thread will almost only be useful to know what we think), so I will wait to get it the cheapest I can.

That it doesn't happen doesn't mean it's should be like that. And indeed it happens: if you buy a game on the MS Store, you can play it on XBOX or PC. For free. It should be like that. What is the problem? The biggest one is that Steam and PS Store are not the same ¿system?. Then we have that the developers have no interest on giving away the possibility to charge twice for the same thing at no cost. Actually it could happen with such devoted developers to their costumers (at least on PC) like Kunos, but like I said, that Steam and the PS Store are different is a problem too great to overcome.

bradleyland and @P73 like this.
  7. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Let me get this right, so you want Kunos to pay MS huge money to have the honor of hosting their game on the failure that is the Windows UWP store to give you the game for free. Let's not forget that games that go through UWP store are heavily restricted when it comes to mods because they have to have parity with locked down consoles. LOL. Do you realize how bad of a trade that is for a small company? 90% of the games on that store that have the "XBox play anywhere" feature /that lets you play the game on both XBone and PC/ are MS first party games like Gears, Quantum break and Forza, the couple other games like Tomb Raider, CoD are only there because they were paid to be there for MS to pump up peoples interest in the store itself which did not seem to work. Why do you think Minecraft, a game that is featured massively on the front page of the Windows store (never mind the fact that it is one of the 10 games that they actually sell on there), not fall under play anywhere category? Because it is heavily moddable on the PC and not on the XBone. It is not as simple as you seem to think.

Yes I understand your sentiment, in an ideal world you buy a game once and play it on all platforms. But you must realize at some level that you are basically asking an indie dev do a gigantic task that a company like MS with huge resources (and the bloody incentive that if they get this right they can sell more XBones or windows copies) themselves cannot implement properly to this day without failing multiple times, and Lord knows Games for Windows Live was a steaming pile of excrement. So yeah, it is not quite a matter of "devoted developers" at all really. And the PS store link with windows is not just a simple and trivialised "problem to overcome" for Kunos at all, it's a job for MS and Sony to solve between themselves.

My advice, steam winter sale is coming. I'll bet my left nut AC will be on sale again, get it then if you want. Or not.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Dude, Im actually saying on my posts why I understand that they are not able to do it. Save the time on writting huge posts by reading better. It also will help to make the conversation more useful.

Thanks for the info though. Seems it is even more difficult than I expected.

9. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Why doesn't it make sense?
    You paid for a steak and because you have paid for a steak you think you should be entitled to the lobster too?

To help you make the connection:
    steak = AC on xbox
    lobster = AC on PC

They are 2 different products so you pay twice, like paying for 2 meals in a restaurant.

So you dont put any value on the skill and expertise of the kunos staff? Id argue it costs significantly more to produce Ac than it does to cook a bit of meat

10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

IDK, you asked what is the problem and I told you what the problem is. In detail. Maybe I came off as a bit harsh but not quite the intention.

SlimCharles likes this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

For the food they can charge you twice because it costs them twice. For the videogame they should not charge you twice because it doesnt cost them twice to deliver to you the game. As a matter of fact, it doesnt even cost them anything to deliver to you the game. They spend money on developing the game, not on delivering it to you. And the restaurant doesn't spend money on "developing" the steak or the lobster.

IMO your comparison has the same sense as comparing going to the zoo with buying an Iracing membership from the POV we are debating.

12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Every game on playstation, xbox, nintendo, steam, is charged a fee by sony, microsoft, nintendo, valve to the game owners. So each sale Kunos makes on whatever platform, a share goes to the owners of that platform.

The reason you can own Forza on both xbox one and windows store is because both platforms are owned by Microsoft and they don't pay any fee to anyone. If Forza was on Steam, then Microsoft would have to pay a fee to Valve. That's why EA prefers to sell FIFA on Origin instead of Steam, they don't want to pay a fee for each game sold. However Ubisoft doesn't mind that, and they sell their games both on Uplay and on Steam.

Also, the fact that a company sells a game on three platforms it means they need more people to develop and maintain the games on all those places. So of course they'll want revenue from each place, even if you already bought it on one place. This isn't like Microsoft owning xbox and windows store, Kunos has to pay fees to MS, Sony, Valve for each game sold on their respective platform.

SlimCharles likes this.
  13. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I'm going to take Mark Twains advice as you seem determined to miss the point.

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

:rolleyes:

Im determinated to follow reasonable arguments. Both Torcano and Quffy showed them. Both are not agree with me or at least dont share the same line of thought. Both helped to drive the conversation towards something useful that is showing actual dificulties Kunos would have to make this thing real. Thanks to them I learned that to make this thing real, Kunos would have to overcome not just that Steam and PS Store are different (which still I think is the biggest issue), but other things like Valve/Sony/MS fees (that I honestly intuited at first) or other maintenance expenses.

But no, the guy who is comparing a digital videogame with meat and refuses to debate is the one that is on point.

Yeah. Right.

15. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Ok, but if he buy both versions. Could he login to this forum with same account to visit all discussions ( Modding etc ? ) Or he need separate account for PC version and PS4??

16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

To post on the PC forum you need a steam account and buy AC with that account.

17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It's a nice idea, but with how often it is in the sale it seams like it's not really needed as it would surely just be discounted to sake prices anyway?

18. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

I spend like 300€ buying assetto with all dlc, first on Xbox, then ps4 and finally last week I bought it all again on steam. What do I get now? :D

SlimCharles and StyleF1re like this.
  19. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

At least you win award Assetto corsa ambasador

Reinart86 likes this.
  20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

If I was Marco , I would gave you free guitar lessons by Stefano for a month.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reinart86 and SlimCharles like this.
  21. monkiusz

monkiusz Gamer

I bought it two times on PS4 (box and digital edition). Can I get for free personalized dlc car or something? ;)))