1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thinking of buying. Some questions.

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Docker Al, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Docker Al

Docker Al Rookie

Hi everyone. Just bought a new wheel and thinking about buying the game on PS4.
    Would like to know if there's still an active community in online multiplayer?
    Also are most racers trying to race clean and lastly do I need the DLC packs to be competitive?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Thinking of Hosting 24hr Spa Session. Mar 14, 2021
    XBox One Discussions Man! What was I thinking?... Feb 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Thinking about changing CPU for VR May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Thinking about hosting a server (non-GT3 races) May 2, 2017
    Console Lounge If you are thinking of switching to PC Apr 21, 2017
    3D car models Was thinking about some like walk about mod Feb 27, 2016
    Tracks modding Is Anyone thinking of creating Donington Park ? May 14, 2014
    Chit Chat Room The future sky updates & improvements (wishful thinking) Apr 10, 2014
    Tracks modding Never mind, Wasnt thinking straight lol. Dec 29, 2013
    Suggestions If you're thinking about implementing Steam cards: my suggestions Nov 18, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Buying a physical copy of ACC for PC? Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Competency (TR) goes down after buying DLC???? May 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions How can Epic buying out Quixel help ACC? Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Buying the reverb maybe Oct 9, 2019

3. Flavus

Flavus Racer

I have this game on PS4 but switched to PC and it is just miles better. I made the switch as there was a general lack of interest on PS4 and the game is always behind the PC version. Most of my friends switched to PCars but more and more are switching to PC and moving away from console. I personally, unless my PC blows up, will never turn on AC on PS4 again and my advice is to put your cash towards a decent PC :)

4. Larry David

Larry David Rookie

There's still an active community for online play, and IMO the majority of the racers I encounter are cleaner than the players I would encounter in PCars.

5. Dark Lotus

Dark Lotus Rookie

There are alot of players on ps4 but you may wana upgrade to the xbox one x for best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I'm assuming he has a PS4 already so upgrading to Xbox would be folly.

It is reasonably active. And yes if you have a wheel you should definitely buy it on PS4. It is currently in the sale on US PSN store and UK. You don't need DLC packs to be competitive, but the red pack has the red bull ring ( 2 layouts) so you might want that. Though I would just wait for the season pass to go on sale and maybe buy the R2R pack and Ferrari pack as they are not in the season pass. Both packs are brilliant btw. Most racers are clean, but it only takes one idiot to ruin things. When you find clean racers just add them as friends.

7. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Buy AC and all DLC"s, it is on the sale now in PS store. Find some people on forums or Facebook groups. There is still lot of competitions. Try to go on GT planet forum. Just dont buy GT sport please !!!!

8. robbosr76

robbosr76 Gamer

Ac is the better choice than pcars2 & GTSport if you are looking for drivers for a championship I'm interested

9. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

pippo10 likes this.
  10. Docker Al

Docker Al Rookie

Thanks everyone taking the time to reply. I went ahead and purchased it as it was discounted to $20.00AU on the Australian PS store.
    So from what I have seen there is no matchmaking for pre set races. Only option is to join someone's lobby or create one yourself.
    Is that correct? Most player created lobbies seem to involve long, drawn out practice and qualifying sessions. The game itself is beautiful to drive but I much prefer the system in GT Sport with a set of organized races at set times.
    It seems that with Assetto Corsa you can't simply jump into an online race whenever you want and you won't actually get many races in, in a play session.
    Am I missing something?

11. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

You aren't missing anything. What you see is what you get with the online play. Joining random lobbies often involves wreckers, and a lot of people understandably password protect their lobby to prevent this. To get decent racing you probably need to join a community or league and race against people you know. I hardly ever race online on Assetto Corsa, the AI are more than enough of a challenge for me.

GT Sport has a great online system and it works pretty well in my experience. For online play it's really good fun and the matching with players of equal ability and sportsmanship is good. I enjoy it, but it's just a toy as far as I'm concerned. If I want "The Real Driving Simulator" then it's Assetto Corsa.

In essence it depends what you want most. Online - GT Sport. Everything else - Assetto Corsa. Unfortunately you can't have it all. At least not on console anyway.