1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic FFB on Project Cars 2

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Ciccina2016, Dec 3, 2017.

1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

What thread ?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I got banned, for asking the question, did they release the game knowing it was full of bugs on Xbox just to get the money in and fix later.
    Banned for life. I didn’t even use any expletives. That’s how to treat customers who have just spent £75 on there game, and Are not satisfied at the condition of it on release.

I think it’s a good way of cleaning up the forum though for perspective buyers. Only good comments allowed.

robbosr76 likes this.
  3. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

IMO AC and PC2, are both good simulators. You don't need to compare them, try to enjoy them all. Simulations is all about realism but with of course a few compromises. @ LordKunos I find you a little Bit ignorant that you think you are 10 years ahead of SMS....common....do you guy's have weather effects...or day night....LiveTrack 3.0 etc. I like AC so much but in combination with the other Sims it's the Best experience. When you wanna have the nearest experience to real life racing...go racing in real life...you don't have any compromises to make about realism.And if you wanna have a perfect Training Tool for real life of course with a few compromises...do sim racing and have fun with both AC and PC2 or whatever.

4. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I think he was referring to FFB, specifically.

Ciccina2016 likes this.
  5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Where did he say that? Because the only time reference is to his own life and past experience:
    "That's a stage I've been through during the netKar days, some 10 years ago until, somebody who knew much more than I did slapped my ignorance in my face"

6. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Clearly commenting on forum does have an impact on customer perception and apparently on sales?? This really shocks me.. I mean.. if a game is good why would you pick on heaters right?

7. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

He was commenting on FFB and he admitted his mistakes in the past.. so why is he ignorant?? Also.. it is so cool that he replies to our messages and you need to offend him? To be honest I don't get it.

olevet and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  8. sirio994

sirio994 Gamer

Ffb is far better in AC. You can jump from one car to the other and enjoy the experience. PC2 still needs a lot to be on the same level. I thought the quality of the car and its feedback was car related, the quality of tracks was track related and settings had to be changed...then AC came out...

The main problem of PC2 is that you have to adjust settings. The ffb lacks of loss grip feedback. Even high downforce and mechanical grip ars lose their rear without signs...in PC2 you are at the limit or over the limit without knowing and that's an horrible feeling.

Anyway it's not that PC2 is not godd, is that AC is great.

AC brought a quality across the board that i thought impossibile....

olevet and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  9. sirio994

sirio994 Gamer

The funny/absurd thing is that i'm enjoying the ffb more in F12017 and GT Sport than PC2. Two titles that found their own spot in the ffb world.

F12017 is all about giving the user the best sense of control. GT Sport is all about over-simplified effects and ffb.

GT Sport if you look at it closely...it has a simple dumpers based feedback. They understood their limits and target.

Stefano nailed it.

PC2 was clearly over ambitious. They asked too much imho.

PC2 is a pre-alpha of what the ultimate racing title could be (intended as overall potential). AC is the demo (intended as something that has many features turned off or lacking contents)

10. just read the title of the thread I am replying to ;)

11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Which thread?

12. this one :D

13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Oh!
    (Still hoping for someone to link the thread from pc2 forum )

14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Exactly... I got the same feeling..
    There are several posts on PC2 forum:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55744-FFB-on-Braking-slip-FFB-effect
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38744-Lets-talk-FFB-PC-PS4-XBox1

liakjim likes this.
  15. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Actually, I failed to quote the whole thing ("so I totally understand the situation they are going through.. hopefully they'll catch up in 10 years"). To clarify, I read that as overcoming that "situation" and realize that you need lots and lots of work, time (and modesty) to reach the top.

16. exactly, I am sure you are familiar with this curve:

[​IMG]

Obviously this is very exaggerated and does not apply to the discussion we are having.. but it's a quite common mistake that happens.

I am in no way implying SMS is at the beginning of that curve.. they just released a kick *** game, it would be crazy to suggest so.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    paul thomas, Manu8019, Horus and 2 others like this.
  17. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Interesting that with women you just need high confidence and experience null .. what a world we live in.

18. sorry for coming back to this... I simply want to avoid the entire thing to blow out of proportion.

What I am saying is that, in order to improve, you have to be willing to introduce doubts and question your approach to things.
    If you go around trumping (pun intended) being "next level" or superior to the competition while exposing obvious flaws in your approach to things you are very unlikely to be able to even see those flaws, let alone find a way to fix them.
    So when people go to them saying why game X feels better than yours and they respond "because we are next level" well... that's pretty much end of the line isn't it?

LeDude83, mms and bradleyland like this.
  19. it works in every context actually... that's what marketing is all about.. fake it until you make it.
    I always tell the story about a friend in high school. No girls considered him at all.. then he started going around writing "Mario is handsome" on every desk, wall he could.. and he eventually got girls to believe it :p
    No wonder the guy is in marketing now :D

mms, Scuderia Paul, olevet and 3 others like this.
  20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Are you sure it wasn't like that? :p

donShere and mms like this.