1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos, What is going on?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Feb 12, 2018.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The new update crashes the game every time you get into Laguna Seca with certain cars (and according to @fbetes , other tracks too).

No cutting differences with PC in terms of features.

Very few fixes.

Im sure everyone is happy and grateful with the new free DLC with 7 cars and 1 laser scanned track. But after 5 month this all there is? Disappointed to say the least.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Is Kunos assetto corsa ever going to offically develop rally ? its seems like it would be easy? Feb 8, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Kunos, when are you going to fix the achievements? Nov 27, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, franciacorta circuit going bankrupt, hurry to laserscan! Oct 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Is kunos going to make this car? Jul 25, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022

3. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I don't know anymore. I was happy to see positive feedback from Kunos about glitches and broken textures, but now we're going back again :(

Traks1, GhostMan, DatNoiseV12 and 3 others like this.
  4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

is it a mandatory update? If it is so broken I will avoid installing it..

5. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Yo could avoid it, but you couldn't play online.

6. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I feel sorry to ask you to be the scapegoat, but can you let us know if unistalling and reinstalling the game, the blue screens are going to disappear? My understanding is that you have been trying to do it as we speak.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Just curious what you're on about? You rant about console updates but play it on AC, and if it wasn't enough ranting in other threads about the same, you open up a new thread with the same topic?

So very annoying to see the forum cluttered with stuff like this when scrolling the news, obviously something went wrong and a hotfix is on the way, so chill.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  8. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

No, the crashes are still present.

9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Well then an hotfix will be carried out as this is a massive impact on game functionality.
    Fbetes I do really want to thank you to have alerted us in time. At least we can join the offline mode till they fix it.

Hugo Catarino and fbetes like this.
  10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I didn't know it was out. Just posted in the other thread.
    I can See why if what he says is true. I was looking forward to much needed features more than the DLC. Such as full lobby control, host being able to kick dick heads out. That lack of feature ruins 95% of lobbies. Quite shocking that after 5 months we will only get DLC and some graphics fixes, oh and game crashes. If it is as prevalent as it appears to be, how did it go unnoticed?

GhostMan, Traks1, ppbucko and 2 others like this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I dont play it on PC. I play it on PS4 because it's much confortable for me. As a matter of fact, I have been a PS4 player until very recently, when I bought the PC version. And I will keep playing it on PS4 except for very specific stuff (mods). So in reality, Im still a console user.

I opened up the thread because I thought a thread critizicing generally the direction of the console version was necessary.

To finish, I wont take seriously commets like that from PC users, sorry to say. Try to be a console user, try to have a copy of a game that after 8-9 months since some updatev still has (havent tested it now) game breaking issues like the qualifying limbo, the f2004 that has been broken since the DLC was out until now, the game breaks down when you enter on practice mode on Laguna Seca... And a huge amount of issues of that kind.

To add that, they dont cut differences with PC in terms of features.

The thing got to a point that even the most loyal users like hugo catarino, pippo10, Scuderia Paul, zx636... are showing disappointment.

Chill out? Are you kidding me? They deserve the ranting and more.

iwanchek, @P73, bradleyland and 14 others like this.
  12. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Not only crashes on practice mode, aswell on "quick race" and "weekend race" ... absolutely broken

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I thought the same thing when the F2004 used to crash the game. Result? We had to wait three and half months for that single fix.

Indeed. Always been patient and helpful, reporting bugs every time I spotted one but now I feel frustrated.

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Agree. There are individual things here that could warrant its own thread, such as: Why so little done ( needed things, not huge new features ), how did a game breaking update get the ok to be released, why do we wait months only to find no real issues have been fixed. Just to name 3.

The real one that should not be an issue is this game crashing, how could it be missed when everyone noticed it within minutes. Was there nothing wrong with it then the update was corrupted when loaded up to the servers, can that happen? I'm mystified by such a thin update.

The only silver lining here is that maybe the lack of substantial update means we will see AC2 much sooner than we expected ( I predicted 2020, maybe late 2019). Still, no excuse for a broken game or lack of limbo or kick fix.

15. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Another question is: isn't there nobody of Kunos team (or "505 games" community manager) clarifying if can we expect a hotfix?

Twitter: zero release
    Facebook: zero release
    Official Forum: zero release

Hello Kunos! any update?

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I almost feel sorry for owning consoles since mid-nineties. Anyway, as a pc-user of AC, I know there's a console report/rant forum over at 505, which was my whole point: why make all the fuzz in numerous threads here? Please don't.

nate likes this.
  17. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Gamer

This really does need sorting asap, appalling. The QA Dept must have nodded off when this was being tested. I'm surprised it managed to get through the Sony submission process in the first place.

18. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone! Firstly... Kunos are fully aware that there are some issues here! What would be hugely beneficial to us is if you could make it very clear to us what is happening. We want to get this resolved ASAP!

19. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

What's happening?

You can check easily. This occurs randomly with a lot of car/tracks combinations...

Traks1 likes this.
  20. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - We went live with our hotfix today but are now looking into these crashes being reported. What would be hugely helpful is if you guys could give us as much info as possible. We're doing everything we can to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Hugo Catarino, olevet and pippo10 like this.
  21. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

If someone from Kunos starts up the game on a consumer PS4 and just plays the game. They will see it first hand. I haven't updated so can't run you through it, but it's clearly this is easily repeatable without even looking for the issue.

And of course the other issue is general lack of fixes and needed adjustments.

Hammerpgh, Traks1 and olevet like this.