1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Multiplayer for Consoles

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DavidB_1983, Jun 27, 2016.

1. DavidB_1983

DavidB_1983 Gamer

How will MP work for consoles. Will console users be able to play PC users and the other console users or will they be stuck playing either PS4 or Xbox One users. If the later is the case will there be enough players to keep console MP alive.

Will console players be able to setup MP servers on their consoles and will they be able to add mods in a way that PC users can?

Many Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Multiplayer between Old and new consoles Oct 13, 2021
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on multiplayer May 22, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer strange connection problems - multiplayer lobbys Mar 21, 2023

3. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Mods i very much doubt will work like they do on PC and doubt that mod support will even be available on console.

MP I guess will go one of 2 ways work like most racers on console forza GT P2P based lobbies or will use dedis like AC does on PC, battlefield on console uses dedis so its possible they could use dedis but I dont think its been mentioned what system kunos are going to use on console.

Player base will possibly be bigger on console but you tend to get more crashers on console too young kids or just trolls that enjoy annoying people, and thats no offence to console users I play them myself PS4 and will probablly get AC as racing / Sim games are very lacking on PS4.

4. DavidB_1983

DavidB_1983 Gamer

Yeah im not sure how interoperability between PC and console gamers would work but if its possible then it might bring alot more racers into the MP side which would be good. I guess minorating will still work with console gamers that would deter the smashers. I'm a PC gamer so wont be using the console version but i'm excited about the propect of getting more racers involved in MP.

5. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Well as for cross platform it is possible and believe i saw that the new forza horizon 3 will support cross platform play between PC and Xbox1, also saw that if you buy a digital copy you also get a digital copy on the other platform, cross platform has always been possible but devs have to allow it when they program it there is a couple of games that support it, believe war thunder is cross platform i think pc and ps4.

I have always been primarily a PC gamer but is also enjoyable sometimes to just chill back on a console as they have their exclusives and some games are just suited more for a pad :)

6. Nao

Nao Alien

Afaik cross platform MP will not be in AC, the reason is not "technical" but because of patching issues with consoles. It takes time and money (microsoft/sony fees and integration time) to release a patch on consoles (think weeks and thousands of dollars) and the game has to be on the same patch to run MP, so having cross platform would grind PC patch schedule to a halt while taking a noticeable cut from the non AAA sized revenue of AC.

Forza does not have the above problems by being Xbox poster child.

And afaik no mods on console either (for similar reasons), but we have to wait and see, some games like skyrim or F4 have mods (be it hacked in or as a normal feature) but AC is much smaller game so unless sony/microsoft would release universal tools for installing and managing 3rd party stuff on their consoles (yeah right) or Marco doing some sweet deal by mind controlling some of the console managers i don't see it happening.

LeonSuetfeld likes this.
  7. Artax

Artax Gamer

console users... they simply doesn't brake on first corner... all

i really hope that will be no cross... or this game is over...

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Some... console users... they simply don't brake on first corner... all.

Don't give all console users the same label. Plenty of us race properly and know how to race fairly. There are plenty of idiots that turn races into Destruction Derby style events but I'm pretty sure not all PC users play fairly either.

geek, gregack and Shifter Blister like this.
  9. Artax

Artax Gamer

some? in every 21 since 2010, every gt or forza... first corner was a mess, in 8 race on 10

when i start with rfactor, 2 race on 10 with idiots

her on AC is a little worst than rfactor, but maybe 3 on 10 :)

simply most console users play with gamepad and are more used to arcade games

obviusly it's not a 100%, but it's closely to

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

PC standards arent much better overall, its why we have Minorating and without this at ABC only minimum I wouldnt bother in a pub server on pc either.

It seems many console owners must also have a pc now. :D

11. SeanW

SeanW Rookie

I am curious if the console users will be able to have their own Minorating servers available? From what I understand Kunos rents several "official" servers for their PC users. Does PSN and Live present issues that would prevent this. The rating system is handled server side so it would seem possible. I was really looking forward to this feature in Pcars, but they failed to deliver on heir matchmaking system. Funny they still have the same language on their site claiming a system that will pair drivers of similar skill and disposition.

12. Don Petz

Don Petz Rookie

I still hope it will be possible to have Console Users on at least Assetto Corsa PC 1.0 release content-only servers. As MR is a server-only backend it could work then - if it can identify the users against STEAM to get an unique ID to assign the ratings.

13. Schumi26

Schumi26 Rookie

How many players max. for Multi- Online PS4??

14. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

12 it seems. [​IMG]

geek and Schumi26 like this.