1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, if Mission E is anything to go by you know where the Porsche brand design language is heading.

As for the inclusion of the Panamera... already said my opinion about how it likely helps Kunos and Assetto and that I have nothing against it. And personally I like the idea of sporty yet relatively practical four-seaters like the Panamera or Ferrari FF that are not a touring (i.e. wagon)... I mean at least they're not SUVs. I'd also love to see the Panamera design getting adapted as two-seater to a new version of the 924/928/944/968 line of old. And I have the feeling we might see that one day.

Turk likes this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Plus one circuit.

DaveS78 likes this.
  3. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I dunno. I was driving the Countach at Monza the other day, and sailing that beast thru the Variante Ascari made me cringe a little and smile big every time... But no, I understand your sentiment.

I am glad we have Black Cat Co. It's fun to take "real" cars thru a NFS-style track. But a AC proper road would be a lot of fun, something free-roam like Lake Louise. There are some good mods out there, but BCC looks amazing. If the roads were a little more believable with intersections, on-ramps, surrounding roads and maybe a small town thrown in... ok that's probably too much to ask for, but it would be fun. Someone mentioned TDU's Oahu earlier. Again, way too much but would be amazing.

Guidofoc and Epistolarius like this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's why I'd love to see some more hill climb and some street rallye stages getting implemented in Assetto. There are plenty of Italian roads for that, certainly. The problem is the amount of work required and that it detracts from work on circuits that AC desperately needs.

Turk and arthur666 like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm sure the guys at Kunos have some roads around them for inspiration. I'd much prefer some European roads or some of those Californian roads you see in the likes of Jay Leno or /Drive videos. I'd love to do some of the roads near me, I bought that race track builder but got scared off. Small narrow european roads kind of neuter powerful cars, they just can't use all their power and their suspension is too stiff to deal with the roughness of the road.

arthur666 likes this.
  6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd still like a proper road. Black Cat can be entertaining but it's nothing like a real road.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah. As nice as Black Cat County is at first and as great it is for some fun and more relaxed racing, it's sadly not that exciting to drive. Now, I believe Kunos mentioned they made that fictional map initially for manufacturers and testing, so maybe they'll expand on that in the future with real roads? I wouldn't mind. :)

arthur666 likes this.
  8. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

You too, please! :D:D:D

Vel, tkaczorek69 and liakjim like this.
  9. You guys that want streets and roads to drive on really should discover mods, especially stuff from the SIM TRAXX guys.

pablex13 and [RRRV] JuggernAlz like this.
  10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Sorry, but I find this extremely funny :D

Japanese DLC is still super fresh, in fact all cars are still super fresh (at least for me, can't get enough of any, I wish I could stop time).

And we don't even know what are next 5 cars. But I'm already bought, money is ready lol

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Please explain to me how Kunos are supposed to fund future development without paid DLC if you have a better idea, thank you.

People are constantly complaining about the lack of content. People are constantly asking for new content to be free. I'm afraid it just doesn't work that way, especially not with a niche product like Assetto Corsa is. People don't even give the content they receive a chance, most people likely never tried and really got to grips with each and every car, and yet you constantly hear complaints. I do want new content, any new content - I love to try out cars and work on my driving skills with a variety of vehicles and tracks. I would like to see the sim receiving continued development in the foreseeable future. And I'm willing to support the devs for that.

12. Kristaps likes this.
  13. Psit

Psit Alien

You are asking them to do it and when the Ferrari F1 is announced for this DLC you will make fun of them right ? :)

Guidofoc and liakjim like this.
  14. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

That must be why I like it so much. :)

arthur666 likes this.
  15. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

They aren't better. They don't respond as well, the power is less than linear, and they create tons of heat. Sure they are getting better every year and the best turbo cars these days are pretty responsive and linear, but still years away from the best naturally aspirated cars. The only reason turbos are getting such a huge push these days is because of fuel economy, not because they are better than NA. And because of this push, the tech is getting better rapidly. They are great for road cars, but on the track I'll take NA any day of the week as long as I still have that choice.

16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I know, i just think it's a bit 'too soon', the new paid dlc, compared how recently japanese pack was released. Maybe i'm just saying that cause it's not a Porsche pack :p

17. Quite a few Miata guys here ditched their 200-300whp turbo setups to go back to 120-150whp N/A setups... Speaks on it's own really.

Radiantm3 likes this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But the Japanese Pack was more specific for a certain public, even though many more people outside JDM fanbase like the cars that came with last dlc. But this dreampack brings a circuit and probably more race cars. The theme of the last dlc was too different from the usual dreampack, dp3 was in 2015.

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I prefer the something for everyone feel of the usual DLCs. The Japanese pack was the first one that I found a bit take it or leave it, especially with the lack of an included track.

20. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer