1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Saabs in simulation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by APC900, May 21, 2016.

1. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Guys....go look at Saab Cars for this simulator.
    It'd be a perfect 'fit'.
    The inclusion opens up a completely un-tapped market with fun models.
    There's the fun-loving, two-stroke models which sound great and the very popular 99 Turbo.
    Licensing should not be a big deal... since Saab is now defunct as a manufacturer.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    ACC User Interface Simulation is not only the physics!!! Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Tools Simulation Control Center incl. Voice Control for ACC Pitstop MFD Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Blog ACC v1.6 Improved simulation of downforce at yaw angles Nov 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC physics and depth of simulation discussion Aug 2, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Open Source sim rigs based on SimCraft motion simulation Jun 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions New to the game of racing simulation Aug 4, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Indy 500 Simulation? May 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Real Life Simulation Q sessions Apr 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions A discussion about simulation accuracy Sep 26, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Simulation Value. What it does? Aug 9, 2018
    Screens & Videos Triple screen (5760 x 1080) or Single screen (also on 5760 x 1080) simulation on 1 monitor questions Mar 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is brake temperature simulation still coming? Oct 26, 2017
    Console Lounge Better breaks simulation Jul 24, 2017

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

how do you license that which isnt a company anymore

Patrik Marek likes this.
  4. lionbest

lionbest Racer

Someone has to own the rights.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, from an outside view I'd say the Saab name licensing rights are with Saab AB and the vehicle licensing rights with NEVS AB, which is denied the Saab name by Saab AB.

Don't think it's really worth it unless there's an easy and cheap way to acquire the license.

6. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yep, SAAB's latest vehicle is this: http://saab.com/

lolz. I hear it will be great though. :D There are indeed cool cars from SAAB and it would be sweet to have some. Not sure how easy that is for Kunos to get though.

7. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Yeah, I think a good SAAB or two would be fun.

8. APC900

APC900 Simracer

It'd be absolutely cool to run a few free-wheelng, two-strokes or a V4 around any of Kunos's tracks.
    I never get tired of hearing those.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  9. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

They where never anything special in terms off great driving experience. Yes Im even built a couple off thousands off them:)

Patrik Marek likes this.
  10. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Some were even downright crappy.

The TTA/STCC Saab would be fun but that's not really a Saab and the Seat is better looking when it comes to bodywork.

Maybe the old two strokes but they'd be more at home in Dirt Rally.

11. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

For some reason the front wheel drive cars in most sims are wery akward to drive. IRL I drive them but never in VR :(

12. APC900

APC900 Simracer

13. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Aaah, the memories...

I had a bit of a thing for SAAB's back in the day. Had a 99GL :( followed by a 900 Turbo 8v :) followed by a 900 Turbo 16v :):). I loved the quirkiness of them, things like the parking brake being drums in the front hub and the centre console key and locking in reverse rather than a steering lock, the huge turbo lag and the crazy torque steer. With the 900 8v I stumbled on a way to make the turbo continuously over boost which made it a rocket ship but destroyed the engine and 2 or 3 turbos. Always wanted a 900 Carlsson but never came across one in good nick for the right money.

It'd be great to relive those days in AC but I don't think it's on the horizon for Kunos really...... you never know though :cool:. To think one of them might even have been through the hands of @Bo-Goran Larsson :eek:

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I doubt it's happening. But you never know.

15. APC900

APC900 Simracer

If done right, they're fun cars to build and drive.
    They do handle extremely well and develop loads of torque at very low RPM.
    Build my first in 1991...and haven't owned any other brand since.
    I sold that car in 2010 with 400k miles...still with 175 psi per cylinder and still getting 28 mpg while burning zero oil.
    Two failure to start in 19 years...one for an electric fuel pump...the other for a leaky line on the fuel distributor.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well modders can always do one, not worrying about the licensing,

but yeah, I really wonder if they were so special ?? .. it's like every country thinks they cars are special, I'm pretty sure most czechs would tell you, we should really have Skoda Octavia vRS ... which, when I look at it from objective point of view, it's hardly special car, something like Golf GTI or R would be much better choice

I did liked 93 2.0T Aero (visually and so ) , but never drove one

17. APC900

APC900 Simracer

You should find a 93 Aero and drive it....
    It's an absolute hoot....the ultimate 'sleeper'.
    I drive a very highly modified one and can think of no netter car to put around Mugello in AC.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, I just came across this video about a Saab. Really fascinating how well that sort of car holds up. But I still don't really see that ever appear as officially licensed content in AC. :x

Sleeper Service likes this.
  19. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016