1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Combo GT3/Nurburgring GP...where is that 2 secs?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by LotusTeam, Sep 26, 2016.

1. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

With some 20 laps practice of this combo, I'm getting close to run < 2mins now (2:00.280), but still can't get there....

The car setup is almost left untouched, except for lowering a little bit of tyre pressure (minus 1 click) and ride height (minus 1 click), and finally the rear wing (minus 2 click), brake bias 73%, TC level 11, ABS, other assist OFF, on slick soft....... so apparently those changes are not significant to the general balance of the car.

Need advice of a setup that can run under 2:00 easily, is there any? RSR world record (BMW Z4 GT3) is now 1'57.945, where is that 2 secs? Advices from PC racers are also welcome, thanks!

Below is my practice lap for your reference.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality What is the best cpu/gpu combo to run ACC at max settings Sep 2, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 172 - Ode to No Combo for Old Man Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars What CPU/GPU combo needed for 1080p 144hz FREESYNC ultra settings? Mar 12, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Combo 6H Endurance at Paul Ricard with Bentley not working Nov 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room What is your favorite VR combo Jul 12, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #71 - No Combo for Old Man Mar 11, 2018
    Console Lounge Pagani Huayra BC & Laguna Seca - Sexy Combo Feb 18, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Glance left and Glance right not working on some combos Nov 21, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Glance left+right button combo not working to recentre VR view Oct 18, 2017
    Console Lounge So far for me best track/car combo......(competition possible?!)) Sep 15, 2016
    Suggestions track combo request for MP Aug 31, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room DMR : Dead Men Racing : Weekly Combos - Friendly Pickup Racing. Jul 20, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Ctrl + H key combo not working, and benchmark problem. Jul 14, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Combo achievements in drift mode broken Apr 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room In search for a perfect car/track combo Apr 9, 2016

3. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

You're a little too aggressive on the brakes and you're going a little too deep into a lot of the corners. Try carrying less speed going into the corner and try coming out of the turns faster. Can make up some time on the chicane, you're not using the curbs so much.

Its practice and improvements. You're good overall, just need to tidy it up a little, be a little more smooth on your inputs and it will come slowly.

Patrik Marek and LotusTeam like this.
  4. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

Agree and thanks for the advice, the biggest problem was "too aggressive" and not being smooth enough...I see it now

so problems are

1. Too aggressive, not being smooth
    2. brake too late, come out slow
    3. not using curbs so much (Michael Schumacher-S and last Chicane)
    4. I watch myself again...turn 4 should have used 3rd gear earlier so i could full throttle it more safely

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  5. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

and 1 corner has been bothering so much......can somebody tell me whether I have done correctly on Turn 8 (Dunlop-Kehre)??

6. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Did good for the most part I tried this morning to beat your time. I was in rush before work and only could do 2:04 with a controller but I am determined lol

7. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

It's not a match my friend...I am just seeking for advice, thanks for trying out for me though! ^^

8. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

1 - you need to make your gears shorter, you don't even go through half of 6th gear ever, so you're loosing a lot of speed
    2 - try using TC at level 1, it's much more suited for hotlapping
    3 - you're too narrow on turn 7, you need to attack kerbs more
    4 - you're too narrow on entering turn 11, you must go wider on astroturfs

LotusTeam and Keith Quinn like this.
  9. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

I figured that but that time was good I wanna see if I can beat it. I shorted my gear ratio put aero at 4 in rear. Changed front camber to -2 and rear at -1.5. I also lowered a bit more in both front and rear diff setting is 40 power 70 coast and it's running good I did 2.00.561 the guy who did 1.57 I don't see how I just watched his video and am lost lol

LotusTeam likes this.
  10. Keith Quinn

Keith Quinn Racer

Gonna post the video probably tomorrow once it finishes uploading so you can see how I take corners maybe we can help each other out remember I'm on a controller though so a bit harder for me if your using a wheel. I don't think I had this much fun though just hot lapping in a game before lol

11. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

Where did you see that guy's 57s video? Can you post the link here?

12. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

It's probably outdated, last tyre version are little slower than the old ones...

13. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

I see...then probably it should be an apple to apple comparison because I heard that console AC is now a version behind PC.....so that means I could be much slower than I did in the video....arrrr...long way to go!

14. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

From what i've seen consoles must have Tyre Model V7 on GT3, same as PC version have now. So you can refer to times in RSR leaderboard, all records there are on V7 tyre model.
    I will try to make setup for Z4/Nurburgring on PC later today, then you will try it on console, will see how it will affect your laptimes...

LotusTeam likes this.
  15. Jaye

Jaye Alien

@LotusTeam looks better than in the other thread.

Some things:
    - last corner in outlap was too slow, there you already thrown away a 59 lap
    - corner 4 is much easier with short shifting to third before (but this is also a question of gearing)
    - corner 6 was also too slow, try to get faster to the left after corner 5 for a better entry
    - dunlop is tricky... you start braking at the right side of track so you needed to rotate the car too much at entry. brake at the left side with the car heading a bit into the corner, then you can brake later and the corner entry will get mich easier
    - Schumacher S seems to be too much lifting (but this could be setup related)
    - Kumho and Bit corner looks not bad, but there is also some space for more speed
    - and the chicane you must be more aggresive with the curbs, you lost at least half a second here
    - last corner was much better than in the outlap

But the weakest point is still your gearing, which doesn't help you enough while braking and you got some lack of power at apex because of low rpm.

I can also have a look in the evening, I think I have got an old Z4 setup on my HD. I will give it a try and report back if it still works.

LotusTeam likes this.
  16. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

thanks Jaye please see my inserts

17. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Still at work :confused:

- last corner just like in the end of your lap, short brake and downshift at the left side, take it close to the wall and early throttle.
    - schumacher S seems an overall rotation problem, maybe lower stabis could help here and/or more stiffness. I'm not a setup god, but first thing I do when I'm not able to get around a corner as fast as I think I should then I lower stabis. In GT3s you can also use the right curb before even if this one is a little bit high, but so you got more space for a better overall line.
    - chicane: important is the left curb on entry. Using it means an much better angle for the second part, so less turning is needed and you can carry much more speed.

Maybe in around 4 hours I can have a look at my old Z4 settings and hopefully a new RSR record :oops:

LotusTeam likes this.
  18. Duc1098

Duc1098 Gamer

Im sure theres a thread that states due to a bug the clock in AC isnt real time. So your actual timings could be different

19. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

Thanks Jaye! I am from Hong Kong and I am calling it a day now, so good night and let's see what you can do in this combo, thanks for your valuable advice again^^

20. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

wow that's very annoying isn't it? I don't know where am I now...

Does this bug time you faster or slower and how much?

21. Duc1098

Duc1098 Gamer

Not sure. Ill try find the thread