1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request for newest update to eliminate stutter during racing

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by myimac, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

It shouldn't be necessary no, but in PCars the throughput from the 7400RPM drive in the USB3 HD brought significant improvements over the el-crappo internal one.

2. myimac

myimac Alien

But the game should run on the preset hardware - i.e. It's a console. Additionally we are not talking about loading or streaming assets affecting frame rate. We are talking full scale matrix style bullet time.

rubber1994 likes this.
  3. I've tried it on usb hdd and it didn't help. Only when I disconnected my controller and use only the wheel it improved the stuttering.
    But a other question. Why forza 6, dirt rally, pcars, forza horizon runs all fine. So there is a issue with the gamecode or that I have conflicts with the xbox live op system. So don't buy a usb hdd. It's not sure that it helps. The stuttering is after 1.03 that massive, that it must have to do with it and not with our console.
    But a hard reset is always a good idea to make the xbox one more stable.

4. Deactivating vcr and use only the wheel without second controller for chat improved the situation. I've run 60 minutes time trial on silverstone without a single stutter.

5. I have the same problem but I still love the game

6. myimac

myimac Alien

Once again... forced to quit.

This time major stutters during people joining and exiting. Also on 1st race lap stutter at the end made me get a penalty in eau rouge.

Actually shelving this game. It's just not fun to play on Xbox.

rubber1994 likes this.
  7. myimac

myimac Alien

In other news 505 say that they have done everything they can do. Basically if this isn't sorted in a patch I will never be able to enjoy this game on Xbox including the season pass content.

8. myimac

myimac Alien

I relapsed and came back to try again.

Stutter on the green hell changed my mind again.

Beyond anger now. Just disappointment

9. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Load up Forza Motorsport 6.
    It may not handle like AC, but I raced online for two hours last night in FULL lobbies.
    No stutter, silky smooth frame rates, gorgeous graphics, and FUN.
    Heck, I even got to choose the colour of my car. Imagine that.
    Going back to AC this morning was like dragging out the PS2 again.
    The fun has gone. Had great potential. Failed to deliver, simple.

10. myimac

myimac Alien

If I'm going to do arcade I'd prefer to do rocket league, but I will be happy when I can get a sim fix on console

11. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

I just tried again. RX7s at Black Cat Short.
    Two laps in, horrendous stuttering. Once it had recovered I was facing the wrong way up against the arrow signs at turn one. Total garbage. I've given up. It's an enjoyment vacuum in its current state. I thought I'd fixed this with the list of things I posted earlier in the week.
    Hope it gets fixed for you soon.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    myimac likes this.
  12. myimac

myimac Alien

On Xbox?

13. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Yep. Never seen anything like it. It's like Amateur Hour meets Gaming 2016.
    We should not be expected to pay for incompetent tripe like this in this day and age. So disappointed with this title like you cannot imagine. On paper it had everything, in reality it's got nothing over racing games I played in 2012.

14. myimac

myimac Alien

It's current state is not acceptable. Some people are managing to play on Xbox but the facts are on console we have no settings that we can play with to gain performance. Everything is up to the developer to optimise for performance taking into account any OS overheads. Quite why I get massive stuttering I cannot tell you. What I do know is that it's not delivering what it should.

15. Exup

Exup Gamer

Hi guys, just a bit of feedback. (maybe it helps...or not).

I'm lucky to have two XBOX ONE
    - 1 Black "normal" Xbox one with the preview release OS version
    - 1 XBOX One S (normal public OS)

-the game always stutter and had many many FPS problems and breaks (previous 1.03 ) with the XBOX with the preview release...and those problems didn't exist on the Xbox One S (I know..it has an improved GPU).
    - Screen tearing was on both consoles... it was totally cured with 1.03 (I'm playing it now on One S only)

Yesterday I spent 3 hours playing in the Nordschleife with the Mazda RX7 with ZERO problems (hot laps).
    I was playing online in Silverstone, SPA and Nurburgring with ZERO problems (5 persons max online)

So, my idea/question is:
    - Are you using which OS version? public or the preview release? It would be nice to know if it's related or not!
    - Even you exit the preview release, the XBOX only "downgrade" to the Public release when the same build number is available (it could take some months).

I'm not defending the game... I was/am really disappointed with the beta state of the game...but if Kunos at least answer to his customers give us some feedback about if there will be corrections and improvements, then it would be nice.

- Frame rate improvement when have more than 8 cars
    - time trial leaderboards (really??? how hard can this be?? )
    - Private lobbies
    - Better settings for Wheels (deadzone in the pedals and sensitivity of the force applied to brake...which is 0-100% in just 20% of the pedal travel)
    - possibility to remove rear mirror (it would help with the FPS for sure) and use a button as a back camera view..
    - Possibility to see the tire temperatures or some kind of telemetry during the races (it would be nice as with UDP app client in the mobile phone)

In the meanwhile... just to say I had a blast with the RX7 in Nordschleife... the game when it works...it really works :)

[​IMG]

16. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

I'm on the bog-standard public retail release.
    Console purchased November 2014. All updates added as released.
    Raced the Evora around Brands Hatch GP last night. Ran like a charm and apart from the "enthusiastic but rather skills challenged" AI it was great fun. Its just so damn unpredictable.
    I turn on the XB1 and don't know whether I'm going to have a great night racing or feel like chucking AC out of the window (not easy as I'm on the digital download version but you get my drift!)
    It's literally black or white - playable or totally unplayable. I just don't figure.

Exup likes this.
  17. I'm sure that there some conflicts in the backround. I have times with no fps issue and then nearly frozen Frames. I really hope the game stay from the details as it is, because even on races with full grid I have no issues and then on time trial I have. So it can't depend on the gpu in general.

18. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

It sometimes even trips over its own arse when the loading screen slides back to reveal the race start GUI.
    That's when you know it's a fruitless exercise and it's time to play something else. In my case either Elite Dangerous or PCars.

19. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Hi Guys,

On my XBox the really bad 5 frame rate type problem that also effects the menu screens as well as the driving seems to be caused by having more than one controller turned on.

I guess there may be other things that cause it but it might be worth checking.

Exup likes this.
  20. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

I can confirm only one controller turned on here as I tend to play at night when the kids have long since switched it off.