1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update v 1.03 is available to download on PlayStation® 4 NOW!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by AC_CM505, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Honestly fella have you tried the special events list ? Getting a platinum on this game is proving impossible for the best of the best , guys like us have no chance .

See this thread:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/special-events-and-golds.37432/#post-761706

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Jan Duin

Jan Duin Gamer

Have to agree with you.. The Advanced Trofeo I'm lapping the field on 'Very Easy' setting. But the Formula-series are still tricky for me on 'Very Easy'

3. BASE

BASE Rookie

When can we expect an update with regards to framerate. 1.03 was not good enough, so is it beeing worked on? Kunos? Anyone?

4. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Personally i cant see framerates improving..without a major downgrade elsewhwere. Again, personally i would rather have solid 30fps than a very shakey 60fps. PS4 pro and Xbox Scorpion may well improve things for us...looking forward to finding out.

5. BASE

BASE Rookie

Well, the reason buying a consol is because I do not want to upgrade a pc all the time. The goal when making a game, I would think, would be to work with what you got. If you get poor framrate, then something is wrong. People are always talking about graphics, but that is not what makes a game good. Yes, maybe 30fps is better. Atleast something should be done.........

djm99 likes this.
  6. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Couldn't agree more, i can't tell the difference between 30 and 60, but others clearly can..the purists would have us flogged for even dare mentioning reducing fps.

7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

If GT Sport works at 60 Fps, project cars at mostly 60fps and dirt Rally at solid 60fps..

Then the problem is lack of optimisation of Assetto corsa,.. And the graphics of the game aren't even on the level of Dirt Rally..

So,while kunos stay working on the optimization it will get better.

But hopefully they work on more necessary things right now like the customised button mapping, Telemetry screen, calibration screen, better HUD with tyres temperature and degradation,personalised private online lobbies and the lot of things missing from the PC version.

8. Well, the frame rates haven't improved in the last build, not sure where people (not you in particular) get this from. Did anyone who claims this actually measure it or have equipment for that? v1.03 adds triple buffering that increases lag but gives a slightly more smooth experience.

In general I am quite happy with the frame rates, so don't shoot the messenger. I wish though that the developer use triple buffering for the replays, and allow some tearing on the actual driving (as GT6 does). This reduces lag, and tearing is mostly visible on fast moving objects anyway.

Source, quote from the Digital Foundry: "The latest Assetto Corsa patch doesn't improve frame-rate, but at least the screen-tearing has gone.":

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  9. I thought that we've already put an end to the misconception of PC gamers being forced to upgrade their PC all the time. I've endured the plunging framerates for far too long with my PS3 - that's precisely why I decided not to go the console route this time and built a PC instead.

LeDude83 and djm99 like this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The only one of those three that reach 60 fps consistenly is Dirt.

And non of those three have to deal with the physics assetto handles.

11. djm99

djm99 Gamer

This is precisely why Race Pro failed. A brilliant series on PC, not so on Xbox 360. Developers concentrated solely on the physics, forgetting about giving us a great online experience and allowing awful screen tearing to dominate. After the physics there was little power for anything else.

12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

GT Sport after E3 was better, and even in WIP it's more consistent than assetto.
    The video from Pcars is from the 1.04 version... Now in the 10.0 version it's lot better, and even in 1.04 version its more consistent also, cause there are more cars on the track.

Yes...physics aren't equal... But assetto console version isn't even equal to his big bro,the PC version..

But then you got Stefano saying this:
    [​IMG]

And I'm very sorry, but it hasn't even basic things like button mapping, calibration screen, Telemetry,full replay mode,private online lobbies needed in a simulation game...

They have lot of work to do...The problem..the game is already dying in the console.

So i hope that the incoming update is a real game changer

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

In my opinion, it would have been a HUGE mistake that Kunos have ported lighter physics to the consoles. It is their benchmark, the reason why people want assetto. And I doubt if they ported lighter physics would have been improved a lot in the other areas.

And personally i thanks they did the game like it is. There is a lot of games better than assetto in some areas. But no one can match its driving feeling.

Yes it is improving, but far from 60 solid fps. Thats, among other reasons, is probably why has been delayed (is going to be a title for VR, so it needs to be 60 solid fps).

PCars hasnt got improved the frame rate since 1.4. You can check it out in the patch notes.

That just a lie. Who i should believe, Kunos, the community and all the youtube channels that say that assetto corsa it is the same in PC and consoles, or some random forum member?

Stefano was saying that a lighter physics doesnt secure you awesome graphics. You have to work them. But for sure the HUGE amount of computation the PS4 has to make to work Assetto´s physics doesnt leave space for much else. Thats why we see a curve of graphics from sims to arcades: forzaHorizon/driveclub > f1/gt/forza > Pcars/Dirt > Assetto/Iracing/Automobilista.

But yes, a much bigger team could make better graphics. But thats the thing. Kunos is very small.

Yep, a lot of things missing. But there is hope. Marco have just said that they are working on private lobbies. Hope it is true and they add them soon.

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Pcars did a great improvement in framerate in the 2.0 patch and in an other (sorry i don't remember which number), it's true, it isn't in the patch notes.
    Those ones from the assetto corsa 1.03 update aren't the Same notes here on the forum than in the patch notes on the PS4

Back to framerate, like i said, Pcars and Drift Rally performs lots better, don't even achieve drops like those form assetto with rain and 30 cars on track in Pcars... So lots of work in this area needed.

The Toyota AE, don't have the same setup possibilities in consoles than the one of PC.
    Supra you can't even put the turbo at 100%,same for the Lotus 98T or Ruf yellowbird.

So how can you say that the physics are 100% equal at PC version... Don't have the DRS also...and the track configuration in consoles are always in optimum and 100% initial grip.

FFB... Aren't The same of the PC version either, you can't even touch the master FFB of each car,no calibration screen, no option to touch the sensitivity from brake pedal..

Try the 2 versions good and you will notice the difference between the two versions.

That they are working on the private lobby's.. Yes, they said that back on 29th August..

And I'm still waiting that one from the staff explaines why in the pre alpha game in the press events there was the drag mode in the PS4 version and isn't in the final realese...

Also still waiting for Telemetry screen, HUD app like tyre temperature and degradation, personalised button mapping, calibration screen, the FFB settings missing, full replays,Photomode, showroom, sound fix (fails since day one)...

And yes, assetto got really good driving feeling.... But AI isn't really good to race against and always hotlaping is getting bored...

So, got assetto parked and playing our online leagues still in project cars meanwhile we wait fixes, improvements, the missing features and private online lobbies..

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I still need sources to believe that PCars frame rate has improved from 1.4.

Ah, you are talking about configuration freedom. Thats different from FFB and physics.

Nope, they didnt say that. They said "We know and recognise that this is a massive talking point across all our community channels and be rest assured, we hear you! We respect your frustration and are fully aware of this request. The main priority with the console edition of Assetto Corsa was to launch a super stable game with fantastic driving. Whilst we have no news to share right now, what we can say is we are evaluating the available options. Please be patient with us and we’ll keep you guys updated."

Didnt know about that. There is a video?

Not agree with the AI thing. I think it is very good. It has some flaws but is very clean, very complicated and very, very fast.

You still can play private lobbies if you are a pretty big group (8 more than less) and using the kicking system. If it helps.

16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Go to Pcars forums /news section in the patch notes. And you will see...
    And Like i said, in a bit of traffic or taking damage in assetto corsa causes noticeable frame drops.
    In Pcars with 30 AI cars and rain it's smooth..

DRS, the heating of brakes,latest version of tyres that aren't in assetto corsa PS4 is from physics engine
    Mising FFB settings is other.
    But both makes a difference between the two versions (console & PC)

In this post there's a video form pre alpha, where you already see the difference in settings :
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/375343/This+is+how+Force+Feedback+works+in+Assetto+Corsa+on+PS4/

Video from pre alpha version with drag mode :

About AI.. Its still inconsistent in career mode, most of the times since 1.03 patch the don't respect you/ see you on track, there where better in 1.01 but they aren't on the level form the 1.8 from PC.

Yes,they said that they are looking at the options available for private lobbies (completely the same as saying "where working on it)

And no,public lobbies aren't good for good racing and racing league... You can't choose the car and track you want,you can't personalise lap count (in our leagues we drive minimum 25 laps) and either clarification time and freepractice time.
    You can't personalise driving aids options,penalty options or track options.. And you can't save the replay of the entire race (only 3:11 minutes) what are needed for reclamation from driver...
    Resumed... Even the public lobbies you can't personalise them.. And you have to pay more attention to kick people than training and clasificate...

So,it's more easy to go back to Pcars... (What 99'9% of the simracers from PS4 that participate in racing leagues and from teams are doing..)

Now we have to wait that kunos makes the game from console what a basic sim game need, because now its more like in a "beta" state...
    And yes,even that the physics and FFB isn't on par with the PC version the driving is very good, but the rest of the game needs lot of work and basic features

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Looking at the changelog for 1.9 I'm glad they focussed on PC AND console stuff and didn't drop everything in order to make console gamers happy...it will be better for everyone in the long run.

The performance increase in the audio department might even gain some FPS on consoles, looking forward to results.

Anyways, the complaining is pointless. If anyone wants it like that ok...Kunos released a beta, a technology showcase with many omissions and poor performance when other cars are around. And some day it might be a lot better because they improve AC, constantly. When those guys that are so butt-hurt right now don't come back then, it's their self-induced burden.

18. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

People don't want private lobbies, they want custom lobbies that can be made private. It's also annoying joining a lobby then doing a lap or 2 then getting kicked out, it's annoying as hell so doing it to others isn't the answer for private lobbies. As for drag strip, its on the pc version so it should be on console too and the question has bedn raised here but no answer. I totally understand why trento isn't in but not drag strips.

Donnced2 likes this.
  19. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No, saying "we are evaluating the options" its not the same than saying "we are working on private lobbies".

Thanks for the video.

People? Who is the people? Im the people and i dont want custom public lobbies. That would be a caos for the public online. What i ve been reading a lot is that people demand private lobbies.

Yes, it is not a very good solution. But just a patch until Kunos add private lobbies.

20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Complaining isn't pointless, we have paid money for a game that was promised as the same of the PC version, running at 1080p and 60fps,with less AI cars, less graphics and no (obviously) mod support.

And nothing is actually achieved, and the console versions has nothing like the PC version.. no same FFB settings, missing features, missing features from physics engine, no button mapping, special events that crashes the game, issue's with tires wear, sound issues, AI issues, No private online lobbies and so on,no season pass and DLC available in Asian regions while the rest of the world got them since 3 weeks ago and season pass since game launch...

If nobody complaints and reports all the bugs, issue's, missing features in comparison with PC version how do you want that the devs improve the game??

I really wanted that some of you PC users try the console versions.. I'm sure that you will understand us more.

And Like i said, hopefully they will fix and add all stuff soon