1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Increase quality with ps4 pro

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cdrikou, Sep 8, 2016.

1. cdrikou

cdrikou Rookie

A patch for the ps4 pro will be available?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech price increase Oct 30, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards no RC increase on our private server Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake bias increase bug on ps5 May 16, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards ELO rating increases from 1604 to 1614, CP rating is falling ? Jan 27, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards CP rating doesnot increase (sticks at zero) Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Spa CC increases to 100 "easily" with Ferrari F488 EVO despite showing more "overdrive" in details Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating slow increase Feb 2, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards TC doesn't increase with Gt4 cars Dec 31, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DIY Arduino Button Boxes for XBox (from thread: keyboard shortcut for TC-cut increase/decrease) Nov 22, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA stuck at 60. Do I need to do anything to increase? Nov 12, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards rating does not increase to silver Jul 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Track Competence - How do you increase the rating? Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Possible performance increase for Oculus Rift with OpenComposite Feb 19, 2020
    ACC User Interface increase Helicam view distance Feb 19, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Performance increase? Feb 18, 2020

3. xtro

xtro Gamer

I had the same question. .. i'm also curious to see if even without patches games will run with a steadier framerate.

4. at this time i dont feel its worthwhile for Kunos to waste time with making a patch for the ps4 pro. There is plenty of other things to work on. plus sony have commented that the patches for games to run better on pro devs may charge for them

5. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

I think they should prioritise having it ready for when the PS4 Pro is released.

Surely it can't be that hard to up the visuals and I know from experience playing the game on PC that Assetto Corsa would make for a very appealing a beautiful PS4 Pro Launch title and would sell really well as an early adapter before there's a bunch of PS4 Pro Racing Games.

6. i still dont feel it would be worthwhile, time would be better spent adding features to the console version to get it to a similar level as pc version

George Bavaria likes this.
  7. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Just bringing them up the level of Pcars will do me

8. They should invest their manpower to add missing features to the game. Thats more important.

Nobody knows how much ps4 pro have produced untill release. And I don't think that much will switch this year. The most will wait and see if the ps4 pro runs better on 1080p.

I don't think that they have time to make a 4k version for ps4 pro. That's the only improvment what makes sense. Maybe they add some options for Anti Alaising and framerate for the pro. Maybe they add some vr support but not this year.

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  9. That's what I have been saying there is no point in kunos doing anything with ps4pro at the moment as their time is better spent on current consoles. If ps4 pro has a huge install base then yeah consider it but as it stands right now no. What I would say though if resolution and higher fps is what you want then put the money towards a pc over the ps4 pro especially if you already have a ps4

George Bavaria likes this.
  10. Yes you're right because in 1 year everybody whining that the ps4pro is to weak for true high detail 4k gaming. But I'm sure sony have than the next upgrade for 2018 lol

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  11. it will be the ps5 in 2019 so that you have to purchase everything again

12. Accordingly to Cerny interview for Eurogamer, to patch a game for PSpro version, one person can do it, and it can be done in very little time.
    For Kunos, I wouldn't expect an improvement on graphics or something. But at least a profile for the pspro so the framerate can be locked on 60fps. That would be enough.

PS VR I doubt it. The game has to be VR for both playstations, and standard doesn't keep the framerate needed.

13. jc1186

jc1186 Gamer

See when I read the above, I think "how then could Kunos possibly not offer a patch for a new console that many Assetto Corsa PS4 owners will buy?"

If one person can do it, then Kunos should really look after the consumers and give them a better gaming experience.

I mean The Last of Us Remastered is getting a PS4 Pro Patch from day 1 and that game is damn old now.

I just hope $$$ isn't the only thing on Kunos' minds.

This is about looking after the customers.

Then again I'm talking about a business that didn't even include Private Lobbies and they kept it hidden enough, that many people didn't know about that lack of a feature (myself included) until after they paid full price for a game they couldn't return.

Sigh :(

14. sigh..... cerny says a lot of things.... why should kunos waste time patching for something that they dont have to. If kunos was a bigger development team then yes spend some time on it but they are relatively small compared to other studios who will be patching games for the ps4 pro especially first party studios. if the majority of ps4 owners that own assetto corsa is upgrading to the pro then yes it would also be worthwhile but thats unlikely too so at the moment they should concentrate on adding features and working on the current 3 platforms