1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #25 - Turbo Era

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Mar 26, 2017.

1. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

I was testing a setup with those tendencies. Setting personal best sector times, but couldn't keep it together for an entire lap. For me the biggest thing with this car was getting stability when the turbos spool, everything else is just making it comfortable.

Stevesixty7 and OriginalR6kid like this.
  2. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

2:00.798 - boabmatic -X1 (H-shifter)

Will break the 2:00 barrier tomorrow..

Attached Files:

3. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

lol I can't even complete a full lap! I'll try again tomorrow though...maybe

4. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

5. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 1:58.194 XB1

Using Havanabob's 2nd setup. Yes it's quicker than my previous time but I'm very puzzled as to why because I've got TONS of understeer and Les Combes is still a complete mystery. I don't understand why it is that I have to slow down so much to keep the rear end from swinging around on that one particular corner. I have to slow down a lot for the entry to Pouhon. Looking at Bob's 1st video with the speed indicator he's taking that entry at 139 MPH and I'm having to drop down to 120 MPH and start my turn for it much further back than he is. Right before bedtime I printed out a track map of Spa and I'm going to go back and compare turn speeds and try to figure out what is going on. Or more like why it's going wrong. If I could figure out how to get this car as planted and to make it turn in sharply on corner entries like others have figured it out, there's probably at least another roughly 3 seconds in there that I could take off.

AC Wk 25 3.jpg

6. OriginalR6kid

OriginalR6kid Hardcore Simmer

Ive got it set quite high? I will give yours and bobs setup ups a try next time :)

HavanaB0B likes this.
  7. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

2:10.821 / PS4 (H-pattern w/ clutch)

Assetto Corsa_70.jpg

Well, I guess this is what I get for taking pretty much an entire week off of AC to play NieR Automata! Tried to jump back in the fold right away with GT3 at Spa on multiplayer and couldn't even put in 2:27 laps in my go-to 488. Anyway, first go ever with this beast after last participating in the Hachiroku challenge. Have to say it was a real confidence-killer and humbling experience. The difficulty spike is immense! Really is a tightrope with the shifting, braking, and steering input. Anger and frustration levels were becoming detrimental after tens of attempts, so I had to turn off the console sooner than I wanted to. It was getting to the point where I couldn't even get to the starting line to begin a lap without spinning out or compromising heavily on starting speed. As other people here mentioned already, I've no idea what kind of ice ran through the veins of those who drove this thing in reality. Heck, I'll extend that to the people putting in low 1:50 laps and such here. I'm just gonna have to pick up the pieces and come back again another day (or two) this week...

8. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

1:55:591 - PC - Dualshock 4
    [​IMG]

Faster curves feels like a vintage roller coaster :eek: , totally addicted :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  9. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement PC - 1:54:866 - Dualshock 4
    [​IMG]

10. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Les Combes was really unsettling the car with my last setup, it's a corner where you need to use some feathering of the throttle to keep the car balanced. If you're having massive understeer on entry you can hit the rumble on the first right that will help the car rotate as long as you can keep it together.

11. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement- slightly ish

1:56.603 - XB1

[​IMG]

Still not great and nowhere near the aliens but I'm quite pleased with myself, first few hours on Monday morning I was getting 2:10s - 2:13s.

12. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

1:57:530 - BrainsBush - PS4 (improvement)

low 1:56 is possible....sometime :eek:

[​IMG]

13. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

If I were you, I would start with Turbo set up to 60%, complete a lap. Then try to beat your time, if you manage to beat it then up the Turbo to 70%, rinse, repeat.

Good luck :)

14. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

The main issue I'm having is with the entry to Les Combes and the final chicane: when I approach the apex the car does an almost immediate 180. I've tried raising the ride height, stiffening front suspension, increasing neg camber, decreasing rear packer, shifting brake bias forward, but the CAR. KEEPS.SPINNING!:mad: I'll try again soon at a snail's pace

Jezza819 likes this.
  15. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Most of the times you need to focus on your driving style instead to change obsessively the setup for resolve the problem, because the problem is just your approach to the curve, and not the car setting : don't stay to much inside the apex, be smooth without fast steering movement and don't close the gas, keep it always open and you will find your grip without spinning

16. eclipsee

eclipsee Simracer

I don't know your car settings so I don't know if the diff coast is the problem, but you know, the higher the diff coast the less lift off oversteer.

17. uelas_77

uelas_77 Simracer

2:02.363 - uelas_77 - PS4 - T150

Assetto Corsa_5.jpg

18. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Les Combes and the Bus Stop are where the car is just snapping around seemingly out of nowhere. Les Combes is on that initial right turn in. If I can go slow enough to survive that is where the understeer kicks in for the remainder of the lap.

19. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

1:54.321

Medium downforce (maybe not enough tbh) at least whilst I try and get my head around things! 2nd gear is interesting as can be the change to third, tried longer ratios, whilst smoother, the lag hurt! Will soften the rear up next...

I also need to start remembering I am sitting in the middle of the car, I am not using enough of the track in places!

Edit; I think this car has great potential as a online racer, boost and rev limit adjusted to survive 20 - 30 minutes should make things a little more manageable ;) Shame it has so few skins :(

20. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

This is just incredible :)

Improvement - 1:57:391

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot, @eclipsee. Your setup works a treat! 2s improvement :)