1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Buying a new simracing seat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC_RAF, Jan 22, 2018.

1. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Hello everyone.

I physically need to upgrade my racing seat : 2 years of happiness with the Playseat challenge but my back needs something more comfortable.

Can you advice me something, based on what you have?

Thanks in advance.

Ps : 5 days after my birthday, it is kind of a "cliché" to get back pain

LeDude83 and paul_wev like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Buying a physical copy of ACC for PC? Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Competency (TR) goes down after buying DLC???? May 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions How can Epic buying out Quixel help ACC? Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Buying the reverb maybe Oct 9, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Looking for some advice on buying equipment Sep 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Buying all DLC as existing owner costs more than Ultimate Edition Jun 26, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Buying Ultimate Edition if you already own the base game Nov 9, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thinking of buying. Some questions. Nov 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room PC2...is it worth buying now? Nov 12, 2017
    Console Lounge 70th Anniversary DLC did not unlocked after buying Oct 31, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Buying models for importing May 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Buying a new computer now or waiting? Apr 4, 2017
    Console Lounge Thrustmaster TMX before buying Jan 27, 2017
    Console Lounge buying again on pc? Nov 13, 2016

3. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I’m happy with my gt omega if that’s any interest?

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

AC_RAF likes this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

I have the GT Omega pro as well. It's OK. If your slightly rotund like I am the seat is narrow and not so comfortable, if your more than 6' your going to start having issues with knees and the wheels height adjustment being limited. There are a few odd design choices that means it's not quiet as adjustable as it makes itself out to be. It's held together with hand turn screws in places that just can't hold the parts together so over time different things will start pulling apart unless you're prepared to start drilling holes and using proper fixings.

Having said that it is possible to get it set up the way you like it and fix everything in place. It's fairly comfortable, once you fix everything down it doesn't suffer from much flex. It does the job there's just some very obvious design issues that I think they could have sorted with a little bit more thought.

AC_RAF likes this.
  5. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Have you considered a seat from real car and some DIY?

For example, I have seat from 2nd gen Mazda 6 for exactly same reason as you - to have more comfort as you don`t really need a bucket racing seat.

Kyo, Blamer, Octane and 3 others like this.
  6. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Thank you but I am not sure my wife will be happy with something as massive as a real car seat... I know a sim seat is nearly the same but, anyway... ;)

7. stryder

stryder Rookie

I'm using Rseat N1, great seat and rock solid which will come in handy when i eventually get a DD wheel!

Luis Branco and AC_RAF like this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

A real seat isn't going to be any bigger than a dedicated sim rig. The GT omega isn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination. You see a lot of fairly crude DIY rigs on the internet because they just need to be piratical and are often in an unused room so it's not an issue. But they can look really good with a bit of effort. Having said that I have access to lathes, milling machines and wielders and couldn't be arsed planning out a rig from scratch and just bought the Gt omega. I wasn't really confident on sizing it out properly.

With the GT omega the seat itself is the only stand out part of the rig, the rest is just steel tubing. So I wouldn't discount a DIY rig just because you think it won't look as nice, because the GT omega doesn't look nice IMO. But it is probably the best rig at that price point.

AC_RAF likes this.
  9. I have an rseat rs1 and i gotta say i love it very comfy and solid as a rock , cant ever see this seat falling apart its so robust.

M-Bimmer, Luis Branco and AC_RAF like this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

Your Playseat challenge has probably givin you the sore back dude.....
    [​IMG]

AC_RAF likes this.
  11. Petro1head

Petro1head Gamer

Having driven may thousands of miles in a Caterham I bought a 2nd from Tillett :)

12. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

I have a Playseat Alcantara, and don't even use it for racing, it's just plain stupidly not designed for : not stable, impossible to lock the wheels, neither the yaw axis. Not comfortable neither. One of the worst orders I ever placed.
    Still, it seems to be quite robust. I use it (with a cushion) for everyday, but not for racing. (And that was with a T3Pa now swaped for a ClubSport v3.. No way :rolleyes:)

AC_RAF likes this.
  13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Serge M, DaveS78 and AC_RAF like this.
  14. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Thanks guys!

Indeed I would like a cockpit.

The Rseat Rs1 seems very nice even if it takes a lot of place in comparison with my playseat challenge.

But if I want comfort, it seems a good choice.

richard thompson likes this.
  15. U will have no complaints with the rseat 1 go for it .;)

M-Bimmer and AC_RAF like this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Thanks heaps for this, have been looking at options for a rig to replace my office chair but haven’t come across sim lab before. They have exactly what I want and the stuff looks awesome, shame the shipping to Australia is insane (doubles the price). Have sent them an email to see what can be done

DaveS78 likes this.