1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Question about traction

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Heath82, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

hey guys, can you really handle all cars with no traction? I’ve been through some trouble with mclaren..any advice?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Small question about time multiplier / offline Tuesday at 2:51 PM
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizone Logo Use Question Oct 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room 3 questions Oct 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Questionable ACC Server Reliability Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Straightforward question about server creation Apr 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Setting Question with Trackir Mar 19, 2023
    Sounds modding QUESTION FOR HORN ABOUT FMOD SOFTWARE Nov 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TS-XW Steer Lock question Sep 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting two questions in one Sep 16, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022
    General modding discussion (question)how to stop a car from setting stance from data Aug 14, 2022

3. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Some of the cars are designed to be driven with traction control. Use factory settings and you're getting the machine as the engineers intended it to be.

I fell into that trap when I started playing Assetto Corsa. I thought I should be turning off all the electronics for a more realistic experience. I was doing the exact opposite and making it unrealistic.

4. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

Yeah but I really feel i lose lot of power using traction control especially in exit corner

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Are you using a wheel or a pad?

6. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

Wheel

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

double post:

Like the others have said. Make sure you stick it to factory and then if your having firther problems turn it to max and slowly turn it off.

8. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

It really comes down to how u feel the car. I don't use tc,but some cars u really need good throttle modulation. On some cars just wind over gas pedal will make u lost traction. And other factor is tyre pressure,temps and grip.

9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's more about the timing rather than modulation.

It's more about being late & patient to press the accelerator button, although you have to focus to remain on the ideal racing line to make it work. Once you get the timing down there's a bit tiny bit of modulation but nothing being difficult.

The cause of spin is too much forcing steering input trying to go in where the car can't fetch. You steer where the main inertia is heading. Obviously it's in the forgiving side in the way the game handling is modeled.

vlado Cro likes this.
  10. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

Yeah i’m try and is going always better, what i gotta learn is not to be in hurry to catch the first.. i come from gt sport and i’m not used to enjoy a fight for a third or fourth position, but i gotta change my mind and enjoy it anyway. No traction is the way!! Too much fun

11. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

But the ai is faster than players even with the same car?! The slipstream doesn’t work..

12. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Slipstream works fine, but is different from car to car of course. If the AI gets a better exit from a corner they will leave you behind/overtake you on the straight.

13. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

The ai uses the same physics as the player and slipstream does work.

14. PREDATOR 2

PREDATOR 2 Rookie

Let's be honest here dude, some oversteers are irrecoverable, modulate your gas pedal, counter steer, brake, be polite, or even scream. sometimes you cannot catch it.

I am not critisizing AC, at least it is realistic. In some other older sims ( but more expensive ones), (IRacing), losing balance happens for no obvious reason, for example when you are driving totally straight, in a low powered car like a Mazda Miata, after you totally finished the corner.

Sorry for long reply and thanks for reading.

15. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Agree,but alot of practice will help.
    There is lot of stuff to learn to become cosistant from lap to lap,and like Mr.Deap said,its more to self control and not rushing on gas pedal on exits,or underseering cos late braking or giving to much steering input where car is just to fast to make a turn.

16. Rotters91

Rotters91 Rookie

Just to be sure, TC on AC works the opposite to what you'd maybe expect. The higher the number the less interference from TC eg. 10/12 you shouldn't feel any power loss.