1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.2 released !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Great. Thank you!

2. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

acServerLauncher.exe is deprecated. Will be removed in the next updates.
    axServer.exe is the server executable. Don't touch it! The manager just runs it.
    acServerPackager is deprecated as well.

If you're running your server on a remote machine (like Rackservice.org) you can also use the FTP function within the manager. I'm using it all the time to manage our servers. Just remember that the exe on server must not running when you upload it.

I also hope you like the Driver storing system pressing the OPEN CAR / DRIVER VIEW vertical button.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  3. Do the brakes glow on road cars or just racing cars?

Do we need to turn that value on to make them glow?

Also, when racing against the AI. At the bottom with their names, next to each each name is a letter and a number. S2, S3, even SM etc. What are those?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  4. baliwa

baliwa Hardcore Simmer

nice update.
    now I can race with AI more cleaner with street car. Dunno what happen with GT3 but they're sometimes try to hit me imo.
    And GT86 quite underpowered in real life but have a nice torque :D

Niki Đaković likes this.
  5. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

What are those pieces?

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Had not much time to check 1.2, just did test runs of the new cars on Zandvoort circuit. I like them cars, and the track as well. Compared to R3E's Zandvoort, it is more bumpy, and some elevation chnages and camber values seem to be slightly different, I cannot judge which version is more realistic there, but it drives very well and and is a hell of a lot of fun to drive. R3E'S graphics are different in style, and its scenery is,as usual, more colourful and detailed, looking more alive, but this AC track definitely belongs to the best looking tracks available for AC, imo, I thus reward it an A grade, laserscanned or not, because it is great pleasure to drive. Due to the AC track being more empty on the trackside and more pastel in colours, the atmosphere of the place is very different in both sims, the dunes in AC somehow took my attention, giving it a unique touch, somehow. Nice track modelling, really.

The new cars look and sound very well, too, with especially the modelling once again supporting AC's claim for being the benchmark of car modelling (both exterior and interior) on the PC platform. Different to the dreampack cars, where I had clear preferences for some cars, and was less interested in others, I extremely like all five new cars in this one.

Later today I will deliberately check for the changes regarding the AI. I already noticed that it seems to behave differently indeed, and got occasional gentle bumps by cars behind me, nothing that took me out, but it did not happen before. Lets see how it is with not street cars but racing cars, at higher speed and maybe less stable attitude. The bumping in street cars I noticed so far compares a bit to what I experience with slower touring cars in R3E, if it is nothing worse than just these mild contacts, it can be tolerated. But i will see it in more detail later today.

Very pleasing update so far. Good job done, Kunos team, and thanks for making it available - for free! Its hard to believe that such volumes of content and quality comes for free these days. You must be crazy. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  7. kro

kro Simracer

Thanks Manu !

Yes this is really great stuff ..

I didn't see any info in the manual regarding the players being added to a list or where to add them ..

I see the empty player pane ;-) looks like its set up for permanent storage and all ..

once you have all your league members added then you can drag and drop them .. but where do you find/add to the player list ..

and how to properly configure the FTP stuff?? ..

I'm not that smart with this stuff ..lol

I looked but haven't see any xtra info ...is their something in the MP forum that I missed ??

Thanks ;-)

SpriGgy likes this.
  8. I have just had a first test run in the Lamborghini Miura, and I am baffled. Isn't this supposed to be a fast car? I am struggling to even break the 1 minute barrier at Vallelunga Club! The default tyre pressures make the car incredibly difficult to handle, the gears crunch very easily (even with the deadzone at the top end pulled back to 90%), and the gearing itself is also very long. Do I need to use 1st gear a lot more in this car?

Consider me perplexed :confused:

9. yusupov

yusupov Alien

of course you use first...and what are you comparing it to? its from the same era as the shelby cobra, its fast as hell.

Luca Zari and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. What track grip and temp you running @Christopher Low
    I haven't driven her but a few laps earlier and I will test it out.

11. I can do high 55s in the Cobra at Vallelunga Club. At the moment, I am not even in the same ball park with the Miura. I am using the default grip, which should be optimum (100%)? As for the "of course you use 1st" comment, it's worth noting that I don't ever use 1st gear with any other car.

12. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Downloading this morning ...but my download has stopped at 90%.
    Is anyone able to advise the best way to proceed if I kill of the process?
    Can I start download again or best to validate install?
    Any advice/pointers welcome
    Salute and regards to all
    Friar

EDIT: Forget that - just went back to download and it is now at 100%....just to keen I suppose :)

13. The downhill right hander (I gotta learn corner names) at Zandvoort is awesome!!

14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Just noticed this! :cool:
    The server UI is much much better, quicker and easier to change servers.
    Kudos @6S.Manu ;)

Excellent update over all :)

15. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Add the GUID, Name and Team and Click on STORE. Then you can reuse them.

Setting a private FTP is not really a easy thing. You need to create auth data, check folder permission and stuff like that.

This is an example of the FTP for our official servers.

Capture.PNG

Pressing the Verify Connection will tell you if the data is OK.
    I don't assure it will work if the FTP is not properly configurated :-(

16. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

I want to be honest...I feel the game worse than before, halfed ffb, car spin more frequently, Miura seems slow and heavy, same for Audi...
    Works better the 30€ wheel with rfactor than a 300€ with AC...really is strange to tell...more streaming and tweaking needed I think...
    Just the AI is ok, work fine and is credible now...

GT1, TERRA21 and eXo like this.
  17. Just tried another couple of laps in the Miura @ Vallelunga Club. My lap times were 1:02!! That's pathetic! Is there something wrong with the install of this car on my PC??? :confused:

18. HoolioGT6

HoolioGT6 Rookie

C
    May be its the pilot?

Atle Dreier and aphidgod like this.
  19. I find that difficult to believe. The top RSR Live time for the Cobra is around 55.1, and my best is 55.767. If I can do that in the Cobra, why would I be so ridiculously slow in the Miura? It doesn't make any sense.....

20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

are those times with vintage tires on the cobra?

VenomSRT likes this.