1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2 words on modding support

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

Another App I appreciate is Helicorsa.... at least until I'll make the jump into VR ;)

I'm not a skilled programmer, but I assume that the way to write programs that run in background and interact with the main application should be possible anyway. I also wrote some little programs that run in background of AC and help me to change some configurations on my controllers depending on the car I choose before entering the track, but I don't consider this as an App for AC, but simply a program that run in background....:confused:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. I was mostly referring to "modding" as in cars and tracks.
    Apps are unlikely to be replicated in ACC but it's not 100% sure, we'll see as the project develops.
    We'll surely have telemetry real time output similar to AC to drive motion platforms and so on.

neophyte, Dookie, roeric and 16 others like this.
  3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I read repeatedly now at random opportunities, that apps would be more difficult to code for a modders in the U4E environment, making modding under U4E more difficult, or problematic?! Truth in that, or just hear-say?

4. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Not an expert in any way, but.... shouldn't making mods be comparitively easy with all the UE4 tools availible, as long as there is a way to edit the stuff being added in that goes beyond UE4's capabilities (Physics and the likes)? I mean, to me it seems like whether mods will be possible or not is more a question of the original data being encrypted and the "launcher" being able to detect additional content. Of course noone knows yet, but i think there is hope. Thanks anyways for the clarification. The honesty of you guys is something you don't see in this industry that often anymore.

5. it really has nothing to do with UE4. The concept of "app" is something we introduced in AC. App developers can only access a limited set of functionality that we decide to expose to them. So unless we expose those functionalities in ACC there isn't much they can do.
    Sadly creating a system for that is not like pressing a couple of buttons and it cannot be directly ported from AC.. so for ACC we'd have to redo it from scratch.. plus we're trying to move away from the mouse centric UI style we had in AC in order to better map to both console, cockpit and VR user interactions.. from this point of view, AC style Apps would also need a major re thinking.. and, again, time is not on our side for ACC.

6. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

ACC console versions confirmed.;)

7. That's a shame because app-system in AC from PC perspective is the best I've seen so whatever the new system will be it is at least for me a clear downgrade. You really did clever job with the app interface.

8. davperes

davperes Rookie

This worries me a little bit... memories of Project Cars and how both games came out (and remain) a mess due to the pressure of being released at a certain date.

I do have much more faith in Kunos than in SMS, but developing a complex piece of software like this under a tight deadline causes me some concern :\

Oh well... I'll try to be positive and hope for the best :cool:

WallyM and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I agree. Apps are a great feature in AC allowing us to customise the UI and functionality, and as an app developer, I would miss them if they weren't in ACC. It's a very powerful feature. But if time is tight, I can see that apps will drop down the priority list, as they're not a core feature.

Ben Lee likes this.
  10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

imho this is (could be...) a huge improvement over ac.
    App was fine, but not so good as button functionalities.

Can we aspect to se a sort of black box with scrollable pages on it?

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Thanks. I am an empiricism man and so trust in your creativity to plot a good course, basing on your past record. :D . Firsts must go first, most of us understand that.

However, the app system in AC I must say was both innovative, and brilliant. I play with VR, and I see no issue in it, nor in using the mouse. Only thing to be desired is that the main menu should be accessible in VR as well, like the pits menu is, too.

Phil64 likes this.
  12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Trust in empiricism. The Early Access phase of AC was one of the best executed examples for EA I have ever seen or heard of, and it delivered on all promises within a reasonable timeframe, 8 or 9 months, until release of full version 1.0. As I remember it, only the AI was delayed and caused problems until it was in a state where it made sense to drive against and with it.

13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

But surely you would still need the mouse to drive the setup screen? I can’t imagine doing setup adjustments using a wheel, which would I think be very clunky and fiddly. The mouse is a great device which has many advantages over a joypad or steering wheel. I hope it’s not being totally abandoned as a means to navigate menus.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not to mention DD wheel owners with wheel plates which as real wheels don't even feature D-Pad.
    The lack of proper mouse control support always irritated me in Dirt Rally.
    Dirt4 and PCars (1 and 2), while have slicker console friendly UI, still fully support mouse.

mms likes this.
  15. r@m

r@m Racer

Console UI on the PC seems to be a growing trend, I find it lame...very lame, it's a step backwards imho.

My phones faster than an Xbox.

USB mice connect to console do they not ?

Sorry, but I read it as a coding cop out, you could provide a PC mouse based UI, but you choose not to...however you word it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I think we might be overreacting as Stefano just said "plus we're trying to move away from the mouse centric UI style", which does not necessarily mean that mouse will not be supported. But would be nice to get some sort of confirmation from him.

17. exactly.. there is a big difference between designing a UI to be used ALSO without a mouse and one that REQUIRES the mouse :)
    Relax chaps, we're getting old but we didn't lose it yet :)

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Your only 45, old is somewhere 70+

19. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

A perfect example of people reading way too much into something that isn't written :D

20. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Wish you were right, but sadly,...once, you've passed 40, its only downhill.
    Trust me on this one, I know what I'm talking about:confused::D

mms likes this.