1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2 words on modding support

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

The point is though camera tracking would make gloves redundant. It's software verses hardware which always makes it cheaper.

2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I have no issue with additional input options to the one there is now: mouse. However, if it becomes all a console style experience, I will strongly dislike that, like I dislike it since I first time ran into a console interface on a PC game, which was I think PES4 or -5 more than 10 years ago. Console interfaces on PC are terrible.

I also do not like the few precious buttons on my wheel being wasted on cursor functions for navigating menus, since the wheel already has so few knobs anyway. The wheel already has all buttons reserved for driving-relevant functions - and already now cannot house them all.

So any new input schemes additional to a fully functional mouse menu - okay. New interface at the cost of reducing mouse functionality: big No-No from me.

Phil64 likes this.
  3. Sparten

Sparten Racer

If we don't get coordinate/distance(spline)/position/car class/speed/laptimes etc. date exported to shared memory / upd for all drivers, Crew Chief can't happen for ACC.

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Hope it can happen. Even if it has similar pit radio inbuilt, something as extensive and detailed as CrewChief is hard to achieve.

No CrewChief in ACC would be a big loss, it has transformed AC (and AMS + RaceRoom too) into whole different level of immersion for me. Never start my sim without it

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    morpwr69, LeiF and Typer like this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Doesn't Crew Chief run off telemetry, even works for PCars2.

6. Sparten

Sparten Racer

Yes but we still need basic info about other players, thats current not available in the shared memory or UPD data for AC only in python, so we had to export that using python to make CC work for AC.

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

@Sparten , I've thanked Jim but also just wanted to say outstanding work on crew chief. love that thing :)

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The most important feature in CrewChief for me is the spotter. The rest is immersion but the spotter if essential functionality, imo. To me it is superior to both AC's default solution of the rotating red arrow, and helicorsa: it provides the information, and does not break the immersion. And for this I praise it since it came out. To get told about times and standings, is nice, but is accoustic cosmetics only, not really essential. I like it, but can live without it, if needed. Situational awareness is essential. Racing without the spotter and then in a tight pack of cars - I am not too eager for that.

I am certain that Kunos have realised the popularity and good quality of ChrewChief. If they ignore it, they will have good reasons to do so, I am certain, but I hope that they will later on invest the needed time to open ACC for CrewChief.

ShredatorFIN and Epistolarius like this.
  9. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

maybe instead of crew chief and since its the official Blancpain game they have a similar crew chief system added with all voice recordings from the real team engineers haha:D yes I am reaching but hey ya never know

ShredatorFIN, morpwr69 and Serge M like this.
  10. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Just give me crew chief. Nothing like getting scolded by Jim after screwing up a race.:)

Pulley likes this.
  11. axonMagnus

axonMagnus Gamer

kunos is dead to me!

[​IMG]

one of the most frequent ways companies die is they make their own competition! and u just did! i absolutely gurrantee you that there is competition brewing right now who knows this and will take advantage of your blunder! u will end up being the "myspace"of sim racing.

when they are on their ivory tower they never think they will fall until its too late! mark my words!

Sparten likes this.
  12. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Lmao

mESCx, liakjim and LeDude83 like this.
  13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Take a chill pill or just grow up. :rolleyes:

rauf00, mESCx, sissydriver and 6 others like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im fairly sure Blancpain doesnt have a spotter, this is something only Nascar has and I dont know of any circuit series that have full track spotters.

There is pit to driver communiction which if done well is a great feature to add.

bgil66 likes this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Anyone remember side mirrors projected on windshield in Need For Speed movie?
    Imagine extending virtua rear mirror with those.
    [​IMG]

Color changing proximity indicators like in Forza 7 is another thing to consider.

16. Don't know if already asked but are skins gonna be possible to "mod" at least? Since it's the official Blancpain game and will have all cars on the grid.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

17. HammerHomicide

HammerHomicide Simracer

This is something I'd like to know as well. Part of the fun for me has always been having "my own team" with my own liveries.

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I believe from the interview that creating your own car skin is in. Was curious if there are any thought on creating your own driver avatar?, custom suit, helmet, etc

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

With a lot of this stuff, some genius out there will figure out how to do it, whether it's officially possible or not.

Phil64, anthony galmiche and LeDude83 like this.