1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2000 hours of AC and I say goodbye

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GessoSx2 2, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GessoSx2 2

GessoSx2 2 Gamer

I started to play ac from the first day of official version, and I remember how I was happy. I played a lot of hours every day beacuse I was in love. All my friends in real life have tried ac (they are not gamers), and all of them appreciated. Thanks to ac I have meet some new peoples that now are my friends with whom I shared a lot of races. It was fantastic.
    Playing a lot of hours, day by day, I knew better ac and its problems.
    From september 2015 I started to take part championships, so races with 20-24 cars and started the first problems:
    1) Graphic
    • low fps at the starts
    • unstable fps during the race
    • stuttering
    I made tons of graphic settings combinations to try to find a solution. I have read tons of threads about graphic. I made expensive hardware upgrade. I wrote "my personal" thread about my problems without an official answer by the kunos stuff ( https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/low-fps-triple-monitor-amd-r9-fury.30473/ ).

2) Game
    • ridiculous penalty system
    • primitive timing app
    • no pit app
    • no spotter system
    • no anticheat (I'm not sure, but I know that in best forums championships you have download an external anticheat tool)
    • no races schedule
    • no driving license system
    I wrote only the minimal requirements to take a good race. I know that for every point there is a mod app, but they are not official, they are a working in progress to correct bug or upgrading the app, they have problems. If there are a lot of mod apps, means that peoples need it.

Ptracker, Minorating and Simracingsystem made a great work to improve race experience. Why kunos doesn't support these modders? They continue to made tons of cars and the racing experience is always the same: poor. I played 2069 hours from 1 january 2015, I made 3 championship and a lot of single events. To partecipate I have:
    1. find a forum who organize a championship
    2. sign up to the forum
    3. download minimum 5 mod apps
    4. lot of forum discussion, primarily for penalty
    So for me ac is a good simulator, but only to play alone, is a big garage with good tracks and stop.
    If you want a competitive mode, you can't, playing any other racing game/simulator to have better experience.

So, I decided to left ac. I'm very sorry, I'm Italian and I was happy to see an italian product to be appreciated in all the world, but for all these reasons, for a person who want use a simulator in competitive mode, there are not the minimum requirements.

bye bye it was nice.

TCLF, osy1950 and Michele Papis like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions [Request to Kunos] Porting Formula 1600, 1800 & 2000 from netKar PRO to Assetto Corsa Jul 11, 2017
    Suggestions 2000s Rally Cars Apr 23, 2017
    3D car models Toyota 2000GT Jan 10, 2016
    3D car models Polonez coupe 2000 turbo Jan 1, 2016
    3D car models Honda s2000 ap1 ap2 w.i.p May 15, 2015
    3D car models Made accurate physcs for honda s2000 need 3d model Feb 25, 2015
    3D car models Bentley continental gt3 - anniversary edition and celebrating over 32000 downloads Feb 20, 2015
    Sounds modding [request] honda s2000 f20c vtec Feb 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room 11/1/15 bmw m3 gra @ nurburgring sprint 2000 gmt Jan 11, 2015
    3D car models Honda s2000 '04 [updates in last post] Nov 25, 2014
    3D car models Skip barber formula 2000 mod Nov 6, 2014
    3D car models 2000 vauxhall vectra b btcc Oct 26, 2014
    Liveries Hakkinen's 2000 mclaren for mp4-12c gt3 Oct 3, 2014
    Liveries Kutch2000sl martini racing Sep 6, 2014
    Liveries Kutch 2000sl "100% beast" version Sep 6, 2014

3. Robes

Robes Gamer

Wow, 2000 hours. You certainly got your money's worth!

Watoh, nate, ekosan and 1 other person like this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Good bye then.

nate, William Sebastian and miky like this.
  5. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Bye.

nate likes this.
  7. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

Whats the Point of this?

nate, mantasisg 2 and Moinman like this.
  8. Demo

Demo Racer

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

KUNOS is a ready small team.
    So small that is a wonder that they made this game as it is.
    So small that they can't support 3rd party apps.
    So small that they had to be clever and let the community by making game moddable , to fill the gaps.

This game is as it is, look for the good things, make suggestions for the bad.
    Keeping you 2000hrs is a huge success don't you think?

PS: About your issues with performance I am 100% that it comes from your end.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

10. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

I think it`s somewhere along the lines of ego problems, or attention seeking of some description.

The Ego thing explained - Some people seem to think that if they list what they find wrong with the game and the reasons for them not playing it again, the devs will sit there thinking "Oh no, we simply cannot lose this ONE person, we must change the game entirely to suit his/her needs!!". It`s not going to happen.

Quite simply put, if you`re not enjoying it anymore, leave and play something else instead of whining about it and expecting it to change.

I`ve heard Rocket League doesn`t suffer from those problems . . .

nate likes this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'd say just to let the devs know. Because trying to spark an argument here won't end well. The thread will probably be closed anyway because from the opening post you can take away that their decision is set and any other discussion is pointless.

But I get the feeling we might meet again at some point.

12. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

13. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Closed post in 3,2,1...
    Honestly, it makes no sense because you already posted your problems in your previous thread.

Good luck in iRacing

nate likes this.
  14. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

nate and mantasisg 2 like this.
  15. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

after 2000 hours no signature, complaining about the game, i look into your other topic and their are your pc specs, its just a medium powered gaming pc but you expect 24 cars on the grid......even on lowest settings and 24 cars the fps will be stuttering....
    its a sim game so needs power to process all the physics off the game..... still i understand your opinion that has is flaws in 'competition' mode....instead of complaning try to build up positive remarks to the Devs and maybe they will listen or not... its all about the attitude.....

miky likes this.
  16. tabis

tabis Simracer

Little birdies told me that we will see you soon back :p ;)

William Sebastian likes this.
  17. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

I play about 400 hour for 29,- Euro!

400:29=0,0725 cent for every Hour Playtime!

I know you are right with your critics, but for 7 cent i am very happy with Kunos Work!

18. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

*29/400 and 0,0725 Euro ^^

19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

In this post you said you were back to stable 60fps, sometimes in some servers with stuttering. So you don't have 30-45fps any more, back on 60. However you said that when you alt-tab to desktop you get again lower fps, here the solution is when you return to the game, press alt+enter to activate fullscreen again.

20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Feedback from an unhappy customer is invaluable, provided you keep it in perspective.

21. GessoSx2 2

GessoSx2 2 Gamer

it will be a medium powered gaming pc, and I ask you: why on the american car simulator with more 40 cars I have no problems and minimum 120 fps with the same hardware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.