1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

You're about 40s up on my lap. Now you attack the mountain.

At first it seems easier than the rest of the track as you can see a long way in front. As John McGuinness says in the commentary video though, there's a huge amount of time to be lost if you don't nail it. Anyone would think he knows what he's talking about. :) A lot of it is so fast in 5th & 6th gear that any rolling off the throttle loses chunks of time.

On my 17:48 lap I was too careful and slow. You'll easily take another 15 to 20s off me between the Gooseneck and the finish line, maybe more.

I want to get down to around 17:30 if I can, that's my target now. You should be well into 16 minutes at your pace.

svenvangent and Hammerpgh like this.
  2. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I haven't really had much time for the HLC unfortunately. Just so much else going on at the moment. I am preparing for F1 each fortnight (or whenever the races are run), an Indycar League league every fortnight, Formula Tatuus League on the off weeks for Indycar, Dirt Rally League every week while trying to fit as much time in on the bike as I can!! I need to retire and just spend my time racing lol

svenvangent likes this.
  3. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Here on this site you can see what they have changed Luke7
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/tt-isle-of-man-the-game/ps4-patch-103-details/364186267432431/
    Yes we are:D is this not the actor Johnny Depp ?

Curious how sector 9 will be will start with it soon ( brrr I hate that word soon )

Luke7 likes this.
  4. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

So the hardest part has yet to start now with that high speed possibility in the mountains oooo dare :eek:
    If my calculation are right than I would end up around the 16:30 still long way to go .
    The two sectors that gives me the most head shakes are 5 and 8 , very curious what will come next with sector number 9 ......let it come I'm ready for it .

Hammerpgh likes this.
  5. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Yeeeees sector 9 is my cup of tea and I like it already :cool:

Lewisxbone likes this.
  6. moodyryder

Ok, I've tried it. Chase cam has been massively improved and is now a viable way to play. The rider looks much better now and doesn't wiggle around like he did before.

Controller sensitivity can now be customised to your taste. I've turned the steering sensitivity down a few % but I was fairly happy with it before. At least now everyone should be able to get it how they want it.

I don't think the physics have changed much. There is a little more leniency now though. Before, any slight mistake and you were going to crash. Now, you do have a chance of making an adjustment and saving it without the huge over corrections there used to be. It's a subtle change, and one I actually like. It's still very tough and you have to be quick to save one, and anything more than a small mistake is still brutally punished.

No improvement to my time yet; did a 17m50 and a 17m54 back to back, but It's time for bed now.

7. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

No, that's Heath Ledger, and and as you can plainly see, your high speed antics have discombobulated the poor man. I, however, revel in your shenanigans and I'm looking forward to your monster final time (and video)!

svenvangent and Lewisxbone like this.
  8. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

That sector 8 is a Russian roulette oooo boy but an improvement without falling of the bike of 5 seconds from 1 to 8 so we place a new video .
    In the mean time sector 9 is under development and still lot to build on .

1 : 17:48.665 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    2 : 17:50.899 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ...........Chase cam
    3 : 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    4 : 21:59.136 : Laughing Gravy :....Triumph Daytona 675 ...Chase cam
    5 : 23:06.875 : Hammerpgh :........Honda CBR 600 ............Chase cam
    6 : 24:03.732 : svenvangent :........Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam

9. moodyryder

Trying out the new chase camera online. It feels ok now.

Bit rusty on the first few sections, and I shouldn't have got involved with the other player early on. After the daft crash just before Kirk Michael it started to flow a bit better. The Mountain sections felt nice.

It's a shame that the time gaps aren't displayed like they are in offline races. I didn't know I was in such a battle for second place. All that way and it came down to such a small margin.

Fair play to the winner. Streets ahead.

10. Hammerpgh

Had almost a week away from the game preparing for some car league racing but got myself fully back into on Monday and had my longest spell in the saddle with a good 2 and a ½ hours in the morning and another 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I had resolved to remove the racing line and attempt manual gears last week and yesterday was the big test for that. Had a look at the shorter courses for some testing and took to the track around Castle Rock in both TT and actual racing. Had a lot of fun against the AI although some of the contact was a bit odd but didn’t take away from my enjoyment. I adjusted the pad setup to have B as shift-up and A as shift-down which seemed more natural and sensible than the default of Y for shift up which kept leaving me inadvertently pressing B on the way down to A.

After a good long spell in Scotland and gradually getting to grips with the gear shifts I decided it was time to give the big boys course a test. I was fully expecting frustration and heartache for some time there but what do you know I was actually not too bad considering the big leap manual gears and no racing line was for me. Of course I am mega slow and my first lap was around 2 minutes slower than my assisted time but I got in two more laps with one a minute quicker than the first and the next 40 seconds faster so I am currently just 16 seconds slower than my assisted time. It’s still more like a Sunday afternoon ride compared to you guys but I am pretty stoked to have made the leap so soon and not be sitting there pulling my hair out in frustration lol.

The loss of racing line which I have never used in a racing title before but did so here due to the nature of this course as I felt I needed the extra crutch for this game with the added burden of getting used to using a pad as well was less of a problem for me than I thought it would be. In fact I would say within a few minutes I had completely forgotten I didn't have it on and large sections of the layout are now embedded in my head. Of course it still gives me little surprises on every lap where something comes up before I realised but I certainly don;t feel the need for the line any longer and using my own braking points and lines is actually far better anyway. I have noticed many places where the line would indicate I should slow where I don't need to now.

The gear changing has brought a massively improved dimension to the game and actually makes it easier in some respects because of the extra level of control it gives you that you lose by allowing the game to make the gear selections for you. I chose what gear I want to take a corner in and if I get a bit nervy around the track at any point a quick drop to a lower gear allows me to settle the bike and still keep some momentum which was not possible in auto. The biggest thing I am still learning is how strong the engine braking effect is when going down the gears and knowing how much 'actual' brake to apply now. I am finding that difficult to gauge especially at the slower corners and find myself often approaching them way too slowly and either having to speed up again or just tootle around the corner lol. But the process of changing gears on a pad was not as arduous as I expected and although I still make little mistakes which leave me in the wrong gear now and then, especially when I do something a little wrong and get into a finger flap it is much smoother transition than I dared imagine and I think already it has become a more natural and muscle memory kind of thing. So if anyone else is like I was and feel sthe manula gears are too much of a step I suggest giving it a go.. but give it a good go for several hours to allow yourself time to properly adjust. The effort involved is well worth it :)

I started virtual racing back in the 90’s on PC and having gone from the likes of Indianapolis 500 the Simulation, Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix series, all the Papyrus Indycar, Nascar and Dirt Track sims and including the best of them all.. Grand Prix Legends before migrating for financial reasons to the console back in 2010 on F1 2010-2017, Race Pro, Project Cars (1 and 2), Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa.. everything racing to be honest. But when it comes to thrill, absolute challenge and satisfaction value TTIOM is right up there at the very top of the tree. It’s the first bike game that I have really invested time in as I have always been put off by the requirement to use a pad, which I have never been able to manage before and the belief that I just could not adapt to it and move on to no assists which is always the way I have raced. But this game has changed all that and opened my eyes to something very, very special. Watching the videos of everyone’s attempts on release and hearing the comments of guys on here and in another forum I use persuaded me that this one was worth the investment and oh boy how right that was!! Without question it brings a real rush of excitement and is the first game that I have had that is kind of scary in the sense of speed it portrays. Going flat out through those trees is exhilarating and just has me now and then slightly easing back off the throttle or dropping down a gear to give me back a bit of a sense of control because it really does feel uncontrollable at times.. but in a good way. I can’t recall another game giving me that feeling.

Anyway, i’ve rambled on enough and maybe seem a little over the top in my viewpoint but the game has grabbed me by the danglies and dragged me somewhere that I never expected so just thought I would pop on here and give that feedback.

Happy riding everyone

As things stand I am currently on low assists for everything except anti-wheelie which is on medium (but son to reduce that as well), no racing line, manual gears and combined brakes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

When I'm not mangling my virtual body on the Snaefel Mountain circuit in hopeless attempts to go faster, I'm reading this fantastic book:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. moodyryder

Bruce Anstey won't be on the island this year. He's tamed the TT many times, now he has to beat the big C for the second time. All the best to him.

I was messing about in replay mode. If you put it on Chase camera in replay, you can rotate the camera around with the right stick.

svenvangent likes this.
  13. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Sector 9 is already in the pocket but I still have to find that one attempt without falling of the bike :(:mad: doing a 1 to 9 sector lap .
    Will get there I think :oops: I hope .

Moodyryder :

I bought Rider2 it was 80% of the normal price so I took my change but personally I prefer the handling /feeling of TT Ilse of man .
    Never the less when I'm done with IOM I'm gone put some time in this bike game .

Laughing Gravy and Hammerpgh like this.
  14. Hammerpgh

I keep thinking about picking up another bike game, more track based though like one of the official MotoGP games or some Mx which I reckon will be a lot of fun now I've started to get more of a handle on pad play.

15. Hammerpgh

I've put this one on my wishlist for my Kindle and will pick it up once I've finished my current book. Thanks for the heads-up.

Laughing Gravy and svenvangent like this.
  16. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

It seems that the handling for MotoGP 2018 will be much better they say ( but sadly they promise so much when promothing there game ) but first we will have to see this if this is true .
    A demo would always be good to try it are self .

Hammerpgh likes this.
  17. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Finally sector 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 9 in one attempt are done .
    Goddammit what a challenge to try this without falling of the bike .
    12 min 42 seconds 513 , 2,5 seconds over my 12'40'' that I wanted to a chief .

1 : 17:48.665 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    2 : 17:50.899 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ...........Chase cam
    3 : 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    4 : 21:59.136 : Laughing Gravy :....Triumph Daytona 675 ...Chase cam
    5 : 23:06.875 : Hammerpgh :........Honda CBR 600 ............Chase cam
    6 : 24:03.732 : svenvangent :........Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Laughing Gravy likes this.
  18. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I've had nearly a week with this game now and I'm still not ready to post a decent lap time. I went into it without any assists from the get go, and that's how I'm going to continue.

I'm at a point now where I can complete a slowish lap on the less powerful bikes, but the superbikes without any assists are unbelievable. How they do it in real life is beyond me, but it is such a buzz and so rewarding when you get it right. I actually haven't been able to think about anything other that lapping that damn tt course since I got the game.

19. moodyryder

"Ride on the edge" is all about the track. It's the game's one selling point and Kylotunn went all in on it. It was 100% the right decision.

Ride2 has a lot more content, some great circuits and motorcycles. I used to like setting times in Assetto Corsa with cars and then trying to beat them with bikes on Ride2. Just as a bit of fun.

It will be interesting to see the new MotoGP 18. For the last few years Milestone have just rehashed their game; minor tweeks and updated rider rosters. This year it is supposed to be on a new base engine and is a brand new product. Hopefully it will deliver. Milestone have had the market to themselves for the last few years, TT ROTE has provided much needed competition.

By their very nature though, the short circuit games don't provide the rush that TTROTE does. With lots of run off and space around you, there just isn't that sense of speed. Ride2 can get close when on Ulster or Macau, but even the Nordschleife is tame compared to the TT.

Maybe the new game engine will give MotoGP 18 that sense of exhilaration. Milestone have always managed to provide a decent online racing experience too.

Bike gaming is at a crossroads. It is mirroring the the real life sport. Road racers and short circuit racers, and not too many doing both. I had thought that TTROTE would unite us all again, but now we're even more divided than ever.

Me? I love the TT and hate it at the same time. I was there in 2003 and I swore I would never go again. I never have. I watch it on TV every year and enjoy it immensely but it always has that air of menace about it.

"There are only three sports. Mountaineering, bullfighting and motorsports. The rest are merely games."

For now, my game will stay firmly on the island.;)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Hammerpgh and svenvangent like this.
  20. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Milestone need to copy the pandemonium effect we've got in the TT game every time we open the throttle and start going going north of 250 kph. If they can do something like that the Moto GP bikes will be thrilling to ride even on the purpose built tracks. Plus milestone need to make it more sim, at least as sim as the TT game.

Hammerpgh likes this.