1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Finally got under the 20 min. mark despite getting greedy and crashing at Signpost corner.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lewisxbone likes this.
  2. Laughing Gravy

3. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Sidecars have landed and I like them very much. It's a totally different way of playing and takes some adjusting to. The auto passenger option is rubbish and leads to multiple accidents. You need to use manual passenger control. That means both analogue sticks as well as changing gear and tucking in so it takes some getting used to.

The only way is down but for now I'm 7th on the global leaderboard. :)

svenvangent and Laughing Gravy like this.
  4. moodyryder

So girlracer Holmes has finally tracked down Moriarty Ryder. Yes, I've been hiding in plain sight on the AC forum ever since I walked away from xbla.

I had hoped that the TT game might drag us all back together but instead we're all now scattered to the four corners of the wind. C'est la vie. ;)

Online McGuinness 666 put me on to this video. I haven't had chance to try it yet but it looks interesting:

I need to try Hugo's Weekly Hotlap #82 with the GT2 Ferrari around Mugello. You should have a go too; it's not as if we don't know the circuit. :)

5. moodyryder

Very sadly Dan Kneen has died after an accident in practice this evening. RIP.

Another incident involving a rider and a course car has happened as well. Don't know any more about that yet.

:(

This is the Isle of Man TT.

StyleF1re and Hugo Catarino like this.
  6. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

@moodyryder and i need to try TT.i was never a big fan of 2 wheels but Isle of Man has a "certain" charm.I know nothing of bike racing but this thread and all your videos certanly opened my interest :)

7. moodyryder

Motorcycle games are fun, but they are only games. They can never be a simulator like Assetto Corsa. You can recreate the controls of cars easily, and with the right software you can have a pretty realistic driving experience. That's what we all enjoy with A.C.

It's impossible to do a proper motorcycle simulator. Yes you can have a mock up of a bike & handlebars but it's just never going to be realistic. Even the top MotoGP factory teams have never been able to develop a satisfactory one.

So the best way for bike games is with the old fashioned gamepad. Being a real rider is no advantage to being a great bike game player. You might as well say a good FIFA player is a good footballer. You could be I suppose, but the two things will be totally unrelated.

The software can make a difference though. The last variation of MotoGP was far too easy with the front brake. In a lot of ways it was far too easy in general.

The Isle of Man TT game is at the opposite end of the spectrum. It is hard. With all assists off it is a brutal game and crashes are aplenty. Not only that but the track is 60km long and takes some learning before you can even begin to think about pushing it.

In real life there are very few crashes as the consequences are dire. Sadly this was proved again this week with one of the top riders killed and another severely injured by a rescue vehicle heading to the first incident.

The trick with the TT game is to not go flat out. 80% maybe. Push towards the limit and sooner or later a bump or a kerb or a fractional misjudgement is going to crash you. It's a big challenge but personally it is just what I wanted. It should be hard to play.

If you're new to bike games there is a bit more to learn with the controller than a car. You have to steer, lean forward (when accelerating), lean back (when braking), operate both brakes independently, accelerate and change gear up and down. MotoGP requires you to tuck in behind the fairing to reach top speed and the TT sidecars need you to operate the passenger as well. Basically you need to be an octopus.

There's a big community on MotoGP and a lot of great online racing to be had. It's probably an easier place to learn. For the biggest test though there's only one place to go. And that is in the middle of the Irish Sea.

8. moodyryder

Screenshot_20180601-114332.png
    The outer line is the TT Snaefell Mountain Course. The inner lines are various other world circuits. See how many you recognise! All at 1:1 scale.

krambulle and Laughing Gravy like this.
  9. Moody, it's terribly sad news about Dan Kneen. My heart goes out to his partner and family.

I hope too that Steve Mercer makes the best possible recovery from his serious injuries in the related incident that took place after the Red Flag came out for the earlier Dan Kneen incident.

I can remember my father telling me a similar story relating to the death of Phil Mellor in 1989. My father had spoken to him just hours before his accident.
    Top riders are in no way immune from the tragedies that befall the brave souls who take part in the ultimate challenge of motorcycle road racing..

Yeah, it's a shame its all fragmented as much as it has amongst those who used to race online together in the days of xbla & the Italian Motogp Arena leagues. I have a feeling it will never be quite the same again if I'm honest. People have gone their separate ways and some people just did not get on with TT IOM Ride on the Edge. Personally I love it handling foibles on the rear end apart.. I love the challenge of it. The "feel" I get with the direction changes on the high speed sections and the feeling of being on the edge reminds me a lot of gp500 on the "mini" Isle of Man TT add-on track. Never thought I would get that feeling again with a modern m/c racing game. Sweeping through the high speed & blind sections of the TT course has definite echoes for me of gp500.. I felt this as soon as I started playing it on "fork" cam with all assists turned off. Back end can get a bit unruly after it breaks traction and slides however..

My two wheeled game of the year. It's not perfect (in its physics) but it iss one helluva craic.. For me it was a very pleasant surprise the TT game. I got much more than I expected with it..

I am busy with work atm moody (extra hours and travelling) but when I am able I will try to give your hot-lap competition a go on AC.

Best, "Midge" ;)

10. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

I had a bike game,years ago on PS2.I played it around,at the begining i was very bad but i got better and i was even able to win some races.I cant remember what game it was,it was years ago.It wasn't motogp,thats for sure,but something similar.I remember the cover was somewhat green,maybe a green bike?I had fun with it,but eventually i made my way back to cars (Gran Turismo 4,my favourite car game ever,so many good memories ;) )
    What interests me on TT is the sheer challenge of the track.60km of public roads.Thats 3x the size of the Nordschleife.Going through tight roads,+150miles just inches away from someones doorhouse,on bumpy roads...thats insane!Im inclined to try it just for the adrenaline.
    My attemps (if i ever get the game) will be really slow.Like,i wont hit more than 60 mph because i want the most clean lap i can,i hate going off the bike.I remeber it was very frustating in that PS2 game.So,i will do small tours around the track,even if it's just to enjoy the beautifull scenario!

About that challenge:I recognize Nordschleife,La Sarthe, Hockenheim (both historical and modern),Monaco,Monza (with the oval section),Barcelona,hungaroring,Indianapolis,zolder,gilles villeneuve,fuji,spa,estoril,laguna seca,albert park,suzuka.I regocnize others but i simply can't come up with them,if only i could get a glimpse of the track :p )

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Lewisxbone and Laughing Gravy like this.
  11. Laughing Gravy

Hugo, I can only echo what others have more eloquently stated about this game. The challenge of the circuit and the sense of speed can be exhilarating. The fictional circuits and career mode in the game are OK, but for my money the laser scanned version of the TT course is well worth the price of admission.

12. moodyryder

Here's a clue Hugo: The tracks are not just randomly dropped inside the TT Course. Imagine the picture as a world map. The bottom right of the map represents Australasia. I can see Bathurst and Philip Island and the Melbourne GP circuit. Then you move left and up into Asia with the Japanese circuits, Macau and India GP. Then there's a multitude of European venues until the North American circuits at the top left and South American bottom left. Portimao and Estoril are there, just where they should be. Just head southwest from Le Mans. :)

This is the link to where I found it. You can zoom in a bit better for a clearer view.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/see-all-the-worlds-best-circuits-to-scale-in-one-incredible-map/

13. moodyryder

I read an article by Mat Oxley in Motorsport a couple of years ago. He was saying how he's loved the TT and absolutely hated it in equal measure.

Now I'm no TT winner like him but I know what he means. I used to think he was an ignorant fool but as I've got older I've realised it was the other way around. Man talks a lot of good sense.

www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/road-racing/isle-man-tt

Good to hear from you. If you ever do fancy a try on the WHL just drop by. There's some good folks here, no "Cafe Kobo" to upset everybody. Hugo runs it now and is doing an admirable job.

Ok, enough bluster, it's time I put the sidecars away for a bit and have a go with this Ferrari.

Good luck to you :)

14. moodyryder

How remiss of me..

Belated Congratulations Lewis!

You know taking babies for a drive is a great way to get them to sleep. Put her in the cot and put Assetto Corsa on. She'll drift off to sleep with the howl of a V12 in her dreams.

Bound to be the first female World Champion..

Sugar and spice and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of:

Screenshot_20170607-150419.png

You know it..
    :):):)

15. Thanks moody. I will definitely bear that in mind. And I do really rate AC also..

On the subject of me wittering on about the sense of speed in TT IOM reminding me of racing on the road tracks on gp500 this illustrates I suppose what I am wittering on about..

vs

So yeah I am in a way nostalgically very happy with TT IOM.. But boy how the graphics have improved!

Have fun moody! And take care..

"Midge" :)

Hammerpgh likes this.
  16. p.s. the sense of speed at Dundrod in real life is pretty intense also..mind blowing is not an understatement really is it?

17. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Cheers pal.
    I had the TT practice sessions on earlier while she was in her swinging chair and she loved it, straight off to sleep
    Hopefully be trying AC later, I’m sure she’ll enjoy it just as much

Laughing Gravy and Hugo Catarino like this.
  18. Laughing Gravy

Pounding around the TT track is starting to pay dividends. I knocked about 20 seconds off my previous best.[​IMG]

Hugo Catarino and moodyryder like this.
  19. moodyryder

Starting to lap a bit more consistently with the superbikes now. The Hickman and Hillier Kawasaki machines are fast. Norton is crazy and the Suter is nice but everybody has used it to set their best times. I like to use something different.

Even with the bigger engine I'm still one second slower than Sven. I don't mind though, I still love the game. Even though yesterday was the day of the Senior TT, I couldn't find an online lobby to join. I guess everyone has gone to the newly released MotoGP 18. Sigh.

I'm sticking with this. I'm no where near on the fast pace but I just get it. It makes sense to me; when I crash I always know why, what mistake I made. The days of random crashes have gone. The game has upset so many people but it's as if it was written for my play style and I love it.

Yesterday Peter Hickman won the Senior TT. His last lap was 16m42.778s at an average of over 135mph. In real life. Dean Harrison who had led all the way broke the lap record on his last lap and must have thought he'd done it. Then Hickman produced that. Staggering.