1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

1 : 17:50.899 : Moodyryder :......... Honda CBR 600 .......... .Chase cam
    1 : 17:56.681 : Moodyryder :......... Honda CBR 600 ............ Onboard cam
    2 : 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :......... Honda CBR 600 ........... Onboard cam
    3 : 23:22.790 : Laughing Gravy :... Triumph Daytona 675 ... Chase cam
    4 : 24:03.732 : svenvangent :........ Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam

Lewisxbone likes this.
  2. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Been disappointing to not get any time with the game so far this weekend. Family problem has taken over unfortunately. I'll get on the bike over the next few days though.

Are you guys care all riding no assists?

3. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

My Chase cam lap had low tc, otherwise everything simulation. Onboard lap was full simulation options. I prefer it with the separate brakes.

Tried the superbikes. Whole new learning process. The Norton is my favourite but it's blinding fast. Haven't done a clean lap yet

Hammerpgh likes this.
  4. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

My setup is like this but I would suggest when you start the game for the first time to leave it at least on medium , regards the breaks it is a personal taste I prefer combined .

Setup TT.jpg

Hammerpgh likes this.
  5. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Mama mia :eek: we've got or self sector 1-2-3-4-5 and 6 done but still some work to do on sector 6 , but hey it is already something without falling of the bike .
    Almost half way . ( 27.1 km or 16.8391593 miles , the miles has to be well calculated :D ) .

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  6. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

The time may not be impressive, but the fact that I was able to launch myself onto the roof of a house on the previous lap certainly is.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

svenvangent and Lewisxbone like this.
  7. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

And no picture of the man on the roof with the bike and a view laughing Gravy ?

1 : 17:56.681 : Moodyryder :......... Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    2 : 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :......... Honda CBR 600 ........... Onboard cam
    3 : 21:59.136 : Laughing Gravy :... Triumph Daytona 675 ... Chase cam
    4 : 24:03.732 : svenvangent :........ Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam

Laughing Gravy likes this.
  8. moodyryder

Looks good. You're nearly 30 seconds up on my time. You'll be well in the 16 minutes range at the finish.

9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

lets hope thanks Moodyryder , still working on sector 6 gives me a hard time this one but I will get him ooooo yes this one must be under my bike I'm gonna eat him :rolleyes::D bloody 6 sector .

Lewisxbone likes this.
  10. Hammerpgh

Finally got in a decent session with the game today, around 2 hours with the first hour spent getting used to things around the short Tyrone track before popping my cherry on the grandaddy circuit.

Really enjoyed the short track, only set a time of 1:09 something but it was a lot of fun and enough in it to help me get to grips with the basics before moving on to bigger things. I was thinking of just taking it gradually and maybe do a sector at a time but then thought what the hell let's just try out the full monty for a while.

Oh boy what a rush!! I really love the sense of speed in this game, it's amazing and feels incredible. Some of those long sections at top speed are almost scary and had me getting off the throttle a tad for fear of binning it lol. Got to say that its every bit as good as you guys had been saying and I feel totally vindicated in my purchase. I'm well off the pace of course after my three laps and I'm killing myself multiple times each lap but in all honesty i've fared better than I thought I would at this point. Yes I'm using medium assists, racing line and auto gears and for reasons i'll explain shortly have mainly been on the chase camera mode so far. I'll try to progress to manual gears once i'm a bit more familiar with everything although I find the gear changing on a pad very tough to manage whilst keeping on top of everything else. I'm just not used to pad play.

The chase view I find much better than I expected but what I have struggled with is over correcting when taking a corner. If I needed to make a correction I was quite often overdoing it and ploughing into a hedge or wall on the inside lol. I have gradually got a better handle on it and find I'm doing much better and hopefully more time will find further improvement but it's the lack of finesse I have on a pad that leaves me struggling there.

As for the chase as opposed to helmet view well that over correction problem I find much worse in the helmet cam but also I find I get a bit of a headrush with it much in the same way as VR effects in that respect. The fast movements of the handlebars and shield really cause me a problem. I did manage to set a time just 5 seconds slower with it on the Tyrone track but have yet to try it on the full Snaefel circuit. Once I've learned it a bit better I'll try again.

Anyway for now my best time on the full circuit is a 23:06.875.

20180327_210655.jpg

11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

First of all well done with your first full laptime on IOM Hammerpgh .
    When I had the game for the first couple of day I left the setup also on medium but already with the manual gears , I started on the same track as you to find and understand a bit how every thing worked .
    After about 5 tracks done and seeing it was going well I've than decided to attack the big one and see ..... I'm 6 sectors further and still 6 to do .
    For the helmet view don't forget you can change the shaking of the bike in the option menu , I have set mine to 70% for example .

In the mean time some laptimes .

2 : 17:56.681 : Moodyryder :......... Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    3 : 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :......... Honda CBR 600 ........... Onboard cam
    4 : 21:59.136 : Laughing Gravy :.... Triumph Daytona 675 ... Chase cam
    5 : 23:06.875 : Hammerpgh :......... Honda CBR 600 ............ Chase cam
    6 : 24:03.732 : svenvangent :........ Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  12. Hammerpgh

Thanks for the tip re the helmet cam Sven I'll check that out next time I'm on board.

A couple of things that were quickly apparent for me were the lack of a lap time delta with your best lap which I would find really useful. Other then your ghost there is no way to know how you are stacking up against your best time to date.

What I also couldn't find a way to do was move yup and down the leader board, it seemed to be stuck on just the ten drivers viewable in any screen.. ie top ten or my rank. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

13. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Yes that is correct hammerpgh we can only see 10 viewable laptimes , is a bit sad that you can't scroll for more than 10 laptimes I know .
    I don't like the ghost in this game it is very disturbing when it go's through you while going for a hotlap I almost have always a hart attack but that is than also no problem I reincarnate very fast if I would die .

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Lewisxbone and Hammerpgh like this.
  14. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

15. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

I always say those who want to race a motor bike must fly

Not every day I can say I'm almost in the top 10 for time it last with my first sector .

TT Isle of Man Sector 1 almost top 10.jpg

Still sector 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 and 6 but now 8 seconds faster than my previous one I posted

16. Hammerpgh

Great job on that first sector mate :)

I can't wait to get back on the bike again. Easter weekend will hopefully bring me a bit more time although I feel it is going to play havoc with my preparations for leagues that I am currently racing in..supposed to be racing the Formula Tatuus on Saturday around Zandvort but have only done half a dozen laps prep so far and I just know getting back on the mountain is going to be hard to ignore now lol

17. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Don't stare to much on that first sector laptime ( even I'm proud of it ) because if I do My 6 sectors in one I lose easily around 1 second per sector .
    Good luck on Saturday with the Tatuus in race Hammerpgh , Zandvoort is one of my favourite track in Assetto Corsa .

18. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Already 21 day's of practising and crashing :confused: in the mean time sector 7 is under construction and building up to sector 8 .
    The beginning is easy the middle is already another pair of shoes not speaking of the end .
    When I feel comfortable with sector 7 I will give you my little story of 1 2 3 4 5 6 and 7 .

19. moodyryder

I had it in the bag. Going over the mounain I was up on my Chase cam time whilst using onboard. Somehow I crashed it on a really easy section, just before the bungalow. I completed the lap to see how close it would be. 17m53s. That crash must have cost 6 or 7 seconds at least. Next time I shall get it. Next time...

Hammerpgh likes this.
  20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Yes falling of the bike gives you 8 seconds on your pants ( but if you prefer shorts no problem ) .
    Uploading sector 1 2 3 4 5 6 and 7 without falling but it is a bit of a wild lap , have to clean it up .