1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

33.400 km or 20.753.80 miles or 7 sectors done .

2. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Brilliant effort mate. Really smooth riding. Some of that looks really scary lol. You're on a pad I take it?

Shame that your time at the end doesn't display your own name. As it does appear on the leaderboard I wonder why that is.

svenvangent likes this.
  3. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Another 4 seconds better for sector 1 to 7 , I really must start to learn sector 8 now .

4. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

With some corners you better close your eyes and hope for the best at the other end of the turn :D

Hammerpgh likes this.
  5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

17:48.665
    Onboard camera.
    I'm not on Sven's pace but this is my best lap so far. I was too reticent over the mountain, but it's easy to get nervous on there. It feels like you're almost at the end, but there's actually still nearly 6 minutes left to go. Anyway, I've beaten my Chase camera time, so mission accomplished.

Hopefully this link will work. My Youtube channel isn't working properly at the moment.

6. Hammerpgh

Nuts mate :eek: No idea how you get that speed. Its the smoothness through the slower sections that particular impress me because I just cannot manage that on a pad. If I was able to use a wheel I think I would be fine but a pad is just so fiddly for me and its so easy to overdo a turn and either bin it or lose time trying to correct it.

On the PS4 can you adjust the pad at all, ie. sensitivity, etc?

7. Hammerpgh

I'll watch to this one tomorrow.... My head is spinning from Sven's last effort lol.

svenvangent likes this.
  8. moodyryder

Ps4 pad is non adjustable. Some folks use aftermarket pads that are customisable but I just use the boggo controller.

Coming into this as a first bike game must be pretty hard. Try using the combined brake, that makes a huge difference. Also put some traction control in. If you land a jump a bit crossed up it will give a bit of a safety margin. Try the short tracks too. They tend to have a lot of chicanes which are good for practicing those slow direction changes, and they don't take long to get around.

Keep the rider lent forward all the time (left stick forward), except when braking.(Left stick back) Leaning forward will help prevent wheelies. It also means when you're steering you are rotating the stick around the perimeter of it's circle, rather than pushing straight left or right. You never want to be just sat on the seat. (Left stick neutral)

One last tip, practice the TT on the "morning" setting. I find the sunlight shining through the trees distracting on the other two.

9. Hammerpgh

Been a bit busy over the Easter weekend so just on here now to update on how it’s been going for me with the game…. I’ve had several goes again and after the issues I was having with the helmet cam I decided to try the fork view and found that initially got on better than the handlebar view but whaI struggled with was that I found it hard to judge things well without some sort of bike reference to go on. So I switched to the handlebar to try that again and found I was able to deal with it much better this time around. I was able to set a time within 20 seconds of my best chase cam lap so that was much better than I expected and I didn’t get the head-rush effect I was getting before.

However, on my next attempt a couple of days after the previous one I got up nice and early to get some more time in but found it a bit frustrating this time. Weirdly I just couldn't use the helmet view today, something seemed quite different from when I tried it Friday. There was a kind of look to apex which I hadn't noticed before but it really threw me off when braking for a corner where the camera changed to off centre. I hadn't changed any settings from Friday so it’s a bit of an odd one.

I also found that the bike would just kind of stop on the front wheel at times throwing me over the top. Almost like the front just dug in and made the rear end throw me over. Still had some fun but I was definitely struggling more than a couple of days ago and couldn't get a clean run in.

Also missing the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the steering more now that I am trying to find some more speed through the corners.

I really like the fact that you can practice the individual sectors. Great idea, there used to be a mod with GPL that enabled you to do that. So I went home at lunch today for another attempt at the helmet view but again I found it completely out for me. I just set the session up for sector 1 alone but I could not get through the first part of it without binning it. I just could not judge it at all and it was just making my head spin!! I went back to fork view and things were much better then and I managed to set a few clean lap’s although my best of 1:38.340 is a good 19 seconds adrift of our good buddy Sven.. you’re safe from me for a while longer matey…. a BIG while longer lol I can definitely make some good improvements over my next attempts but I do think the lack of pad adjustments are going to hold me back from getting anywhere close to the sort of times you guys set as I feel at the default level it’s just too sensitive for my pad inability.

Still enjoying myself with the game though but really wish I could work out what had changed to prevent my using the helmet :/

svenvangent likes this.
  10. Hammerpgh

Cheers Moony. I am using combined brakes and currently have the TC set to low, only one I have at medium is the anti-wheelie which I really struggled with at low setting. Good point on the short tracks i'll give them a go next time I am on, i've only tried the Tyrone track so far other than the big daddy course. Interesting point about the rider position.. I thought I was doing that at lunchtime but on inspection of the settings afterwards I found that I was pushing the wrong stick lol I was doing right stick forward which just duplicates the throttle on my right trigger :confused::rolleyes:.

svenvangent likes this.
  11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Great achievement Moodyryder to improve on your laptime .

A lot of practice is needed at least for me Hammerpgh , if I start with the game for the first time in the day I need at least around 10 min to get used to the sensitivity of the gamepad you are not alone with this but at the end you will get there .

:D

Moodyryder did a improvement of his laptime onboard cam so ...... here you go .

1 : 17:48.665 : Moodyryder :......... Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    2 : 17:50.899 : Moodyryder :......... Honda CBR 600 .......... .Chase cam
    3 : 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :......... Honda CBR 600 ........... Onboard cam
    4 : 21:59.136 : Laughing Gravy :.... Triumph Daytona 675 ... Chase cam
    5 : 23:06.875 : Hammerpgh :......... Honda CBR 600 ............ Chase cam
    6 : 24:03.732 : svenvangent :........ Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam

Laughing Gravy and Hammerpgh like this.
  12. Hammerpgh

Well another go before dinner and I cut just over 3 seconds off my sector 1 time so down to 1:34.7 in fork view. Tried helmet again but it was a big fail lol. If I could just find some smoothness through the corners I'm sure I would save another half a dozen second's.

Looked into the rider positioning Moody but I just couldn't deal with it on the same stick as my steering and annoyingly its one of the the things that is locked so I cannot map it to anything else. I wanted to put it on the right stick but oh no sir... you can't do that :mad:. Stupid decision to make it only available on the left stick :confused: My thumb just cannot cope with it like that. If I push forward and steer I just can't be accurate at all and end up all over.

Laughing Gravy and svenvangent like this.
  13. Hammerpgh

Another fun little session and another 2 seconds cut off my sector 1 fork view time so now at 1:32.362. Pretty pleased with that but really struggle to see how I can do much more than get below 1:30. Those sub 1:20 times are fantasy land for my pad abilities.

I tried to adjust how I hold the pad to allow me to use thumb and forefinger for steering which allows much more precise control than just my flicking at the stick with my thumb but it just makes braking too difficult. The thumb only method just doesn't give me the control I need through the corners and too often leads to multiple attempts to get into and through the corner.

Laughing Gravy and svenvangent like this.
  14. moodyryder

A possible answer to your camera issue. I had a similar problem with the helmet camera early on in my sessions with the game. The "dynamic view" setting controls the "looking into the corner" function. I turned it off, and was much happier. Next session, it had turned itself back on (even listed as off) and I couldn't play properly.

If you go into the in game options, set camera to "automatic" and dynamic view to "off" Once you are on the track, use the D pad to cycle the camera to onboard view. The camera will stay stable. It's worked for me, hopefully it may help.

It is disappointing if the controller is not fully mappable in game. I admit I didn't know this as the default layout isn't too far removed from what I use and my changes were allowed. On ps4 there is a function in our console settings where you can change button assignment. ie pull right trigger it thinks you've pushed up on right stick etc.

It's a while since I played on xb1 but I think there is something similar in the settings menus on the Xbox dashboard. It would be a bit of a compromise but you could possibly manufacture a more comfortable layout.

The other option is the xb1 elite controller, which is fully customisable, for layout, sensitivity, everything really. Costs a lot though. You might get hold of a cheap one off eBay.

I've seen in the comments on a video that you know grT. She's an expert on various gamepads and really knows her stuff. She can give far better advice on controllers than me.

I hope you can find an acceptable solution. If you can unlock the sweet spot of the game, whatever your pace is, it becomes alive. There is simply no other experience like it on a console.

15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Sorry to go off topic somewhat, but can anyone tell me what the frame rate is like on the standard ps4? I know it's only 30 fps, but is it at least consistently there, or are there noticeable drops?

Also does it look reasonably smooth and is the sensation of speed pretty decent. I know that some games can look really nice and smooth even at 30 fps, whereas others seem to look choppy and there is a lot of noticeable judder.

16. moodyryder

It seems fine to me on standard ps4. The only time I've ever noticed any drop was online going through the Ramsey section when three of us were close together. Even that was hardly noticeable. On the short track mass start races it might be different. I don't play them so I can't say.

99 % of the time on the TT Course you're on your own and there is no problem. It's fast, the sense of speed is great. Watching the YouTube videos doesn't do it justice. When you're playing and concentrating on your line the scenery really flashes by. I've seen some people comment that it's slow, that 170mph for real is much faster visually. I wouldn't know about that but the game works for me.

What I would say is that it has divided opinion. The best player I know says that it's the worst motorcycle game ever made. Others, me included, love it. All real world Bikers and wildly varying views. It's not a simulation, not an Asseto Corsa for bikes, no where near. If at all possible try before you buy.

Hammerpgh, svenvangent and Luke7 like this.
  17. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Thank you for the info. Pleased to hear that that the fps is good as is the sense of speed.

With regards to the physics; I know that it's not a hardcore sim like GP bikes, but is it at least more challenging than Ride and Moto gp17? I've heard that that the TT game requires much more finesse on the brakes and on the throttle than the milestone games? If that is the case then it's good enough for me, since unlike car sims I don't have a motorcycle control device to that replicates real life.

svenvangent likes this.
  18. moodyryder

You can't grab the front brake like on MotoGP. It is very sensitive and very easy to lock. I got very used to hardly ever using the back brake on Milestone games, now I'm starting to bring it back in. It helps with stability like it should.

The throttle isn't hard to manage on the 600s. No highsides there. Superbikes may be a different proposition but I haven't really done much with them yet.

You can't smash it down the gears like on GP. Downshifting has to be timed a bit better. It's not hard but it does need a bit of thought. Unfortunately there's no clutch control and blipping doesn't work. The downshifts and engine braking do a lot of speed retardation for you

The steering is the big one. Onboard camera seems fine to me and works intuitively. There is a setting which makes the rider look into corners but personally I don't like it. It makes me feel like I've lost the rear. In Sven's videos you can see he is using it and it obviously works for him. Horses for courses.

19. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

If you like motorbike games I would go for this game , it is challenging and sometimes it can be frustrating but in this game at least for me I take it with a smile because the fun part wins over it .
    If you would buy the game don't hesitate to place your laptime here if you want to .
    Good luck Luke7 .

Hammerpgh and Luke7 like this.
  20. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

From what you've described it sounds as though it's probably closer to a sim than it is to arcade. I think I will probably cave and pick up a copy when I go shopping this Friday.

Cheers.