1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A little help driving without traction and stability control

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RavageTheEarth, Mar 22, 2016.

1. fabT

fabT Alien

Indeed

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Making progress indeed, congrats!
    Now it's time to start looking after the details.
    Load your replay, put follow from behind camera or from the top and start watching your lap. Take not for every turn the following:
    - Where you are at turn in
    - Where you are at apex
    - Where you are at exit.
    Be very careful on how much space you have from the limit width of the road. The attached example might seem "not a big deal" but it is half a car, which means it's 1meter wide, which means losing tenths and tenths of seconds.
    Check all the similar situations and write down the turns where you have those issues. Then watch the replay again but this time from your driving camera. Note where you are from the inside and then try to take advantage of the whole road the next time you drive.

Once you're used to watch your own replays like that, download a replay of a good driver (not an alien necessarily). Study his lines again with the same attention. You'll notice that they take some different lines on some turns. You follow very theoretical lines, which would be great if the track was flat everywhere, but it isn't.
    Best example: The Dunlop Kehre is very cambered and a longer than 180° turn. Instead of staying so wide in the braking zone entry, brake and go towards the turn and do an early apex, go a little bit wide (not too much!) on your previous apex and then close again for a late apex and exit. From one middle apex to a double apex one.

Let us know how you doing. ;)

Attached Files:

3. Yeeeeeep. You can bomb that corner really hard, which surprises most people when you overtake them doing so :p

Aristotelis likes this.
  4. Great stuff for everyone.

5. Here's a decent lap in the Stang at Nurb GP GT.

I mostly use up the entire track width.

Video starts with side cam, but switches to box cam after starting line.

6. Great advice! Thank you! I have been trying to do this. I'm still having a bit of trouble judging corners to use the entire length of the road, but I'm getting better!

Nice run! That first turn always gets me. You had a nice little jump going on there! I've actually been playing some Dirt Rally for the past couple days. I needed moar Subaru and dirt in my sim racing life!!! If only Assetto Corsa had the engine, graphics, tracks, and cars that Dirt has. That combined with AC's tyre model and physics would be so cool.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. This Audi R8 has a stupid amount of understeer! That is all.

8. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

'Cause A) it was build as idiot&noobproof supercar so that it won't kill you even with TC off, like for example Mp4-12C and B) Kunos still have some work to do with 4WD system.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  9. The R8 didn't feel like it had excessive understeer when I tested it @ Vallelunga Club. That badge belongs to the Ruf RT12 R AWD :)

10. Here is a start, just recently released:

Ford Fiesta Rally car with Gravel physics (1st to do gravel physics, by Abbo90)

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rl100-mod-ford-fiesta-rs-wrc-✔release-tarmac-✚-gravel-spec-good-fun-►►►.19853/

Kanniranni special stage 1 - Gravel - Jari-Pekka Rally 2014 SS1

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ekka-rally-2014-ss1-v0-98-ttm-5-4-2016.29470/

Name: Pine Ridge Rally
    Length: 8.1 km
    Surfaces: 70%Gravel / 30% Tarmac
    Construct: Scratch made

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/pine-ridge-rally-released.31609/

11. And, on this; drop front tire pressure by 4 PSI. Test it, if the rear doesn't have enough grip, drop the rear down a few PSI. Gotta get the front to grip better than rear.

12. I actually have that car and track. I also have the VW Polo WRC. I just really need some Subaru in my sim racing. I'm a huge Subaru enthusiast and own a modified 2013 WRX IRL. There's just something amazing about Dirt's 2001 Subaru WRC. The model is perfect and the sound is just incredible with the blow off valve and snaps and crackles. Not to mention that the tracks are very long and fun. I just wish it was more realistic!

You can't deny that this sounds incredible though!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016