1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

About that maybe-server-api

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Jun 11, 2015.

1. JackCY

JackCY Racer

For that you would at best need to define sectors for a track and make a requirement in the race rules that the joker sector needs to be used at least once or only once.
    Checking for surfaces, off track, cutting, is a hack around.

I guess you can define sectors/splits on a regular track but the logic for having a joker section is probably missing in AC since it's not a traditional circuit racing feature but a rallycross. Which means it will fall into drag/drift/hillclimb category: "might do it when we have the spare time".

2. ihlades

ihlades Gamer

For everyone that may be interested, I've written a little piece of software that allows you to connect more than one UDP plugin to the server - http://www.assettocorsamods.net/resources/acsrelay.97/

I'm trying to make sure anyone that is interested (server admins probably) knows that something like this exists in the wilds of the interwebz. :p

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you @ihlades ! This is really great news, the Relay is literally the missing piece currently :D

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Will this finally bring rain, dynamic grip line and night endurance racing to AC? :rolleyes:

On topic: what does this mean for me as stupid server user?

5. ihlades

ihlades Gamer

It means you can have rain, dynamic grip line and night endurance racing ALL AT THE SAME TIME! :p

All joking aside, for the casual racers it doesn't mean too much (yet). But servers can now run more than one plugin at the same time, so there is no longer the need to choose between sTracker and MinoRating (for example) - you could have both. Server admins are the target...

In the long run, racers will benefit from the actual plugins. Clean racing? Use MinoRating. Want to check detailed stats about the race? sTracker.
    But since admins can run more plugins now, maybe this will increase the development in this area (the UDP plugins thing) and casual users will see the benefits.

6. Thank you @ihlades. It's great having a relay for the UDP API. I'm just wondering, if you'd mind to open a thread here in AC forums, maybe under https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/programming-language-apps-gui-themes.22/ (though it does not exactly fit). You can still host this app under assettocorsamods, but it would make communication a bit easier. Just a suggestion, if you don't want to do that, it's OK.

Just wondering, does this also add support for relaying AUTH requests? E.g. you can think of AND-ing multiple AUTH's from multiple plugins into a final answer.

Greetings!
    Neys

ihlades likes this.
  7. ihlades

ihlades Gamer

Hey Neys, good to hear from you. The thread is already there - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ect-multiple-udp-plugins-to-the-server.26962/ . If I can, I will facilitate communication anywhere; it's just that I spend more time over at assettocorsamods

Regarding the AUTH part: the short answer is no, currently ACSRelay has nothing to do with the AUTH part of the server. There are two reasons for that: Mainly, the server is BUGGED when it comes to auth, and it lacks plenty of features. I'd like to see this change, but I have the feeling it's not a priority for Kunos. The second reason is that I want to focus with the UDP plugin features, make sure everything works as it should and provide all the features that a server admin would need to have. I have thought of doing the AUTH part, but first things first. :)

Victor.

8. Fair enough :)

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Just so I understand, if I use this relay for stracker and MR, will this line still work in the server_cfg?...

AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=plugin.minorating.com:805/minodata/auth/ABC/?m=1

10. ihlades

ihlades Gamer

Yes, the AUTH feature works the same with or without ACSRelay.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  11. Minolin

I feel the same. I think we'll see that there is a (local) plugin that exclusively does the AUTH (opening a local http-port), and it's capable of doing several AUTH calls in a configurable order.
    You'll need some logic to concat different results (MR says 'yes', clean racer steam group says 'yes', RD global blacklist says 'no' => what to do?).

Ofc. you could do this in a aggregator web service, but I don't want to see the AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS= for that (which every server admin has to fiddle for himself, including parameters like MR ABN). Should be easier to do in a local file, based on simple rules and multiple AUTH string (just follow the consuming service's documentation).

Sidenote:
    I'm still convinced that the AUTH shouldn't be an independent http call; the plugin should be asked for authentication inside UDP.

12. ihlades

ihlades Gamer

Hmmm, you cannot guarantee packet delivery over UDP, so there's a slight chance the server's request won't reach the plugin, or the response won't get to the server... And TCP makes no sense, since you're making a single request, so a connection-oriented protocol would not suit the purpose... Then again, HTTP runs over TCP, so there's that.

But how about fixing the bug that keeps denied connections alive on the server? Or sending more parameters to the AUTH plugin (such as player's desired car, whether the player's GUID is in the entry_list.cfg, etc.)?

BTW, how about something like this to configure the AUTH aggregator? It would be trivial to implement.

Code:
    [AUTH]
    FALLBACK=OK # Fallback response in case of an internal error or an unresponsive AUTH plugin.
    RULE=(1 AND 2) OR 3
    AUTH_1=http://plugin.minorating.com:805/minodata/auth/ABC/?m=1
    AUTH_2=http://some-url.com/uri.php?
    AUTH_3=http://another-url.com/auth.php?

13. Minolin

True, and probably the reason for this design. Personally I consider local UDP as safe as TCP over the internet, so I wouldn't see a problem here.
    On the other hand currently I can't prevent 100 servers blocking with MR, but only 2 are actually running the plugin.

Yeah looks very good. It wouldn't be as easy to set them up in 1 single URL.

14. madleecher

madleecher Racer

I search for method to get realtime information for my server .. before 1.2 i get them over http://IP:HTTPPORT/JSON but now i dont get any information.
    Hope someone can help so i can create my own lil php server tool

15. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Wasn't it "/JSON|" with a pipe at the end?

16. madleecher

madleecher Racer

Yeah that right :) Thanks man
    Is a UDP PHP Wrapper out to get Information in JSON Format ?

17. Minolin

New request (and frontpost udpates):

Additional AUTH-Request parameter "port" (hash).
    Currently a AUTH provider doesn't know anything about the server that is actually requesting. We can see the requesting IP address and compare them to e.g. the MR database, but usually there are multiple acServers running per IP. A additional (and not voluntary) parameter with something unique like one of the ports would be a great deal here, example:

Code:
    AUTH=www.blabla.com/auth/?GUID=123456789&PW=notused&PORT=8024

18. barf

barf Rookie

is there any method to set the track and ambient temperature using an API? the setting in server_cfg.ini seems static for length of session, is there a way to adjust when running a session?

sorry if this has been asked already, simple question but I can't find how to in any of the Python examples. Was hoping to make a mod so temperature follows diurnal cycle.