1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

The Lambda Ford GT3 is homologated until the end of 2019. It did the 24h Dubai this year. But very unlikely the team will do any more races this year tho.

2. Typer

Typer Simracer

Cheers all, good info.

Oh, there’s also the 720s GT3 coming in 2019 to look forward to too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Automotive Supremacy likes this.
  3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

McLaren's schedule is weird. They launch the 720s right after the 650s GT3 is launched, and then intend to launch the 720s GT3 almost two years after the road car.
    I believe that for car manufacturers one of the great reasons to make race cars is that they're a moving advertising for your road cars, but when your race cars come so late after their road equivalents, I just don't see the point. Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Aston's book and develop their race cars along with the road cars.

4. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

Interesting, didn't know that. It is a very long time, I mean it is one of the original GT3 when the formula was just introduced, and that was like 2006 or something?

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I think it was actually licensed for AC, but for some reason Kunos chose not to release it. To be honest I don't miss it, it's so outdated that it probably wouldn't be popular at all on ACC.

6. rycil

rycil Simracer

because their customers simply don't care. They are not selling to the mass market. They have to be in racing to sustain their race car manufacturer image, whatever the model.

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

They don't have to be in GT racing, they weren't before 2012 and it didn't hurt them in any way. I honestly see no good reason to launch a race version of a road car that's already halfway through it's production span.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

o_O

9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

??

10. lthull

lthull Rookie

Yeah, the 720s is about two years late in my opinion. The way the 650 has struggled has really hurt McLaren’s brand. I bet it was hard for them to watch Strakka Racing dump all their cars for Mercedes AMGs.

11. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

I think all GT3 homologations are a long time. No-one races them anyway, but they're technically eligible.

Great to see the Honda announced! Full house for Spa (unless... come on Callaway!)

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What? What you said is nonsense. Of course people care about older cars, I don't see why a Ford GT GT3 car wouldn't be popular.

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I agree that age doesn't necessarily make a car unpopular, and I can very well be wrong here, but I don't see a car that rarely takes part in races today, is based on a car that's out of production for more than 10 years, and is pretty much as old as the GT3 class itself being popular on ACC.

14. Automotive Supremacy

The 720S is fundamentally different to previous two Gt3 cars in a sense that it is finally a factory built car. 12C and 650S were built by CRS organization, sort of like Bentley by M Sport. 720S GT3 will be designed, engineered and built in house. Which might also explain weird schedule.

15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Interesting. Perhaps for the after the 720s they can develop the road and GT3 equivalents together. If they decide to go for GTE as well... even better!

16. Automotive Supremacy

There were rumors of McLaren considering going into GTE a couple of years ago. I can't recall any further information about that, but since the CRS contract has expired and that can potentially mean that McLaren are a little more free in what they are doing, it could lead to them going into WEC and IMSA. Considering how similar GTE and GT3 cars are today (488, M6, Aston) it could be the move for McLaren.

17. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

I agree with @Epistolarius, for example the Z4 GT3 is still more popular than the M6 GT3 because it has a NA V8 instead of a turbocharged one.

18. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Any confirmation on animated pit stops for ACC? Hope they are included for immersions sake.

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

They will be :)

mister dog likes this.
  20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yeah also the Ford is so popular on iRacing, everyone would want to race it on ACC.