1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC - Steering Wheel Shape

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by HomieFFM, Jun 21, 2018.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Just a small question for Assetto Corsa Compezizione.

Does the Blancpain GT Series cars all have these F1 kind of steering wheels or are there any out there with - I call it ''round'' or ''Streetcar'' kind of Steering wheel?

Cheers

Attached Files:

• f1.jpg
      f1.jpg
      File size:
      35.9 KB
      Views:
    • oval.jpg
      oval.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions help me please !!! no keyboard key with my steering wheel in ACCC version PS4 Oct 20, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TRICK (ACC-PS4): PS4 Steering Wheels Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Physics Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC. Aug 10, 2019
    ACC Physics Soft lock or acc data on steering angle. Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Mouse steering STILL broken & No keyboard key customization ACC 0.2 Oct 10, 2018
    ACC General Discussions ACC: Inverted steering all the time Sep 22, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Analogstick steering acceleration Dec 23, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mouse Steering And Acceleration Apr 14, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Question about "Combining acceleration, braking, and steering" Mar 5, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Sadly a lot of cars are changing to the F1 style

Freddie Seng, McKiernan and HomieFFM like this.
  4. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I wonder if that is a case of reducing the weight or another thing?

HomieFFM likes this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

If you don't drift the car and full lock is 540 or smaller, you don't need a full circle rim. Benefits are that it's obstructing as little as possible, both console view and when getting in/out. Nature of motorsports, if you don't need it, get rid of it. Weight is hardly a reason, most rims being carbon fiber today, but each gram counts says the engineers.

6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Racer

Alright, so in other words in blancpain we will only have F1 style of rims. So I can stay with this one

Attached Files:

7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Certainly. I use the same one, it's probably the best value for money rim that Fanatec has to offer, and I used to be a GT only simracer.

HomieFFM likes this.
  8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Without the top half of the wheel the driver can sit lower. Benfits the centre of gravity.

Diablo_rf, Gevatter, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  9. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

also allows the dash to be more visable

10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

For the sake of it I checked the rules and there are no specific rules to exclude any shape steering wheel, it's a design decision from what I gather.

HomieFFM likes this.
  11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

From what I remember:
    Formula style wheel: Audi, McLaren, Lamborghini, Mercedes, BMW, Nissan, Honda, Ferrari
    Round wheel: Porsche, Aston, Lexus
    Round wheel with the top cut out: Old Bentley, Jaguar
    Not sure: New Bentley

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Do you guys classify D-shaped wheels as formula style, because they are different?
    And to my recollection this is the most popular GT wheel, e.g. Sparco P310.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im amazed nobody has put in a gamepad, keyboard or the more advanced KB and mouse combo then. :oops:

Rudski and Typer like this.
  14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

If By D-shaped you mean flat bottom, I count them as round.

If the championship was managed by Codemasters, a gamepad would probably be faster than a steering wheel.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

:eek: Round? I must have taken wrong geometry class. :D
    https://goo.gl/images/5XK7mt

16. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't care what geometry class you took, but to me this
    [​IMG]
    Is a lot closer to this
    [​IMG]
    Than it is to this
    [​IMG]

Do you not agree, Mr. Smartass?

trucidatio, nate, bgil66 and 2 others like this.
  17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

The new Aston and Porsche will also have formula style wheels.

18. SunBro

SunBro Alien

You can add the new bentley to that

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Even if you personally don't care or just don't know, they are fundamentally different. If you drove traditionsl circular and D-shape P310 side by side, you'd see that.
    To my recollection there are few main types of steering wheel shapes:
    - Traditional circular
    - D-shape
    - C-shape with cut off top
    - Butterfly, F1 style

20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yeah, probably all cars released from now on will have a formula style wheel, I just didn't add them because they technically don't "exist" yet.

I didn't find any interior pictures from the new Bentley, but I guessed it would probably be a formula style.

21. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien