1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Add "real road" official track surface grip setting in ac

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PAKFA, Apr 6, 2015.

1. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I know we have multiple track grip levels and we can even make custom grip levels ourselves.The reason I'm asking to have an official "Real Road" track grip setting in AC is so that it can be used with RSR Live Timing.

An official one would mean that everyone has the same settings, that's why user custom settings don't work with RSR. The current grip levels are not good because all of them are more or less dynamic, so they change after a few laps, or the grip level is unrealistic, like Optimum is always 100%, which makes Hot-lapping and comparing the lap times in AC with real car lap times useless. Again this is for validly on RSR and other leaderboards like that and for people who want an official standard for realistic track settings.

Here is why this will be different from the current grip settings:
    Track Surface: Real Road, track grip @ 95% and fixed.

95% is the sweet spot between too much grip and too low grip, being fixed assures that no mount of laps will increase the grip thus leveling the playing field when Hot-lapping for RSR leaderboards amongst all players. This setting being officially in game would assure everyone has the same settings and prevent any kind of cheating or modifying it, since the RSR app does those checks automatically.

I hope it will be taken into consideration.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Real life VS AC - its still the Daddy Jul 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Adding DOFreality 2DOF MS2 motion to my Playseat May 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Do you think that the game will be more realistic if i add... Feb 25, 2015
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    General modding discussion Adding objects and materials in 3Dsimed. Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Penalty added each time game is launched. Jan 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Please add telemetry and full race replay Dec 24, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Info for add Post Race Penalties Sep 30, 2022
    Sounds modding Adding horn sounds to a car Aug 30, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Add Python Libraries to Assetto Corsa Python App Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Using Xpadder with ACC Aug 16, 2022
    ACC User Interface Please add Tilt(roll driver's head) with wheel option. Aug 9, 2022

3. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Sorry for asking silly questions, but does RSR know if you edited the presets? Can it read the actual grip of the track i.e. 95% and not the name of the preset(or contents of it)?

4. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

That's a question you need to as RSR, but if this setting will be official in AC there is no reason why RSR can not make 1 extra .ini check to see the track grip and preset so they can make a new RSR leaderboard class specifically for this and for those people who want to do lap records in realistic settings and have an official standard.

Right now there is not such a setting in AC, so 1st we need to have it in AC for RSR to make that leaderboard. Let's give them the incentive. Nothing wrong can come out of this, only good.

5. Sam Markovic

Sam Markovic Rookie

You can create your own preset for track grip and evolution.
    If you follow a filepath that should look fairly similar to this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\cfg\templates

Then one of the files should be 'tracks'. You can open this up with notepad. Once you're into the file, paste this into it:

[REALISTIC]
    SESSION_START=95
    SESSION_TRANSFER=100
    RANDOMNESS=0
    LAP_GAIN=999
    DESCRIPTION=A realistic setting, simulating the grip on actual road surfaces.

This will start the session at 95% grip, and only add one percent of grip for every 999 laps driven - this will reset each time the session progresses.

Of course, this will be overridden when you join a multiplayer server, but if you run your own, then there is a way of putting track evolution in - you can find that on one of the other forums.

I'm afraid that I don't know enough about how RSR works to be able to tell you whether it will pick this up, but you ought to be going marginally more slowly on a low grip surface, so I don't imagine there will be a problem. To be on the safe side, just disable RSR when you're using custom presets.

I hope this will do until Kunos add it officially :)

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Alien drivers will be still alien in 95%. I suggest that you simply delete RSR and enjoy the game to whatever grip level you like. If also want to compete with other people just choose servers with wanted grip level.

Tucker73 and TCLF like this.
  7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

The point is to encourage people to drive on more "fun" grip conditions regardless of their skill level.

@PAKFA
    I think contacting RSR should be the first step and not Kunos adding this preset, otherwise it might be useless. Also the name "Realistic" or something similar would make more sense as "Real Road" is already used and represents different meaning;)

8. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

You did not get it, I want this especially for RSR. Read my posts again, both of them.

I swear today is like twilight zone, people don't read anymore... :rolleyes:

Look at this neophyte below, he thinks I want this so that aliens won't be on top with 95% grip, lmao.
    Is this what you understood from my suggestion? removed by mod - keep calm

I want this for everyone, aliens included as a new standard and official class of leaderboard on RSR, not just for me or because I want aliens to not be that fast... Jesus what's wrong with some people today.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I'll do that. As for Real Road name is just a suggestion, they can call it Realistic or anyway the see fir, for all I care, I just want it in game.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  9. Sam Markovic

Sam Markovic Rookie

Just trying to help ;)
    It's a nice idea, I completely agree, but on the flip side, I don't know how many people would use it. A lot of the people I chat to compete for the best times, which they're not going to get on 95% grip :p

EDIT: Yes, I see now, sorry about that :p But RSR have supported mods in the past, no reason that they couldn't support that change.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  10. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Maybe not everyone, but I know a lot of people what would like to have an official leaderboard that is comparable to the lap times in reality. Even if it's not 100% accurate even like this it's still miles better than 100% grip.

By the way I forgot to say, RSR in the event gets implemented should also do a check on track temperature and not allow all kinds of temps, there should be a standard for tems too. 20°C I think it's a good value, but whatever the value is decided it should be standard for being validated on the leaderboard.

I've contacted RSR and I'm waiting for their answer regarding this suggestion.

garyjpaterson, unknwn and Filippo94 like this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

So you want something for all because you want it? Option already given for you. Just lower grip and play. What is your problem?

12. Yeah, i agrees, it would be nice to have a reasonably realistic yet level playing field for people to compare lap times.

13. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

removed by mod - keep calm

How about you read again my original post, slowly this time so you can understand, before posting another silly reply like this one and the one before it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    Boris Lozac, The Moose and bobskype like this.
  14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Welcome.

15. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

95% and fixed is not "real", "realistic" or whatever you want to call it. (hint hint ... the fixed part)
    100% grip is improbable but not unrealistic. What do you think track grip would be on SPA after a 24h race?

(this answer also applies to the other topic you made reference to)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Phil64 and liakjim like this.
  16. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Sure as heck wouldn't be 100% lol

PAKFA likes this.
  17. A suggestion like this would be useful for a more direct comparison of times.

PAKFA likes this.
  18. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Of course it would not be perfectly real because we don't have a dynamic weather system linked to the track's physics and car's physics.

The reason for a fixed grip level is to have a unchangeable standard for Hot-lapping and leaderboards. If it would be dynamic, some people would exploit it more than others and would generate more random lap times.

This is not supposed to simulate the track grip for a 24h Spa race or any kind of long race. It's supposed to be just for RSR hot-lapping as I said in my original post, original post that you conveniently ignored, because otherwise you would have known what this is about.

It's ok, I'm used to negatively people like you that every time a new idea comes they must try to destroy even if it's actually good and even if it actually does not affect them in any negative way. And having this in game it won't affect you in any negative way.

I'm also used to my "fan-club" of little neophytes that feel the need to post negative stuff in all my topics just because they don't like me. No worries, I have a special place for them called my ignore list which will get fatter, probably even today.

Here is the part that some people don't get about me: I can make a very hard to digest topic like the one about wheels vs pads and then the next minute I can make a good suggestion that this game can benefit from. I can make a very strong and unorthodox topic that creates strong debates and mostly disputes and then I can make a constructive criticism topic and offer a solution or improvement to a specific aspect of the game, like the topic I made about Nordschleife bugs or the one about the LaFerrari dashboard... and many others. I can do all these things because this is the kind of man I am, I speak my mind bluntly and I have strong beliefs and when I know I'm right about something I don't back down, unless I consider the the discussion has reach it's objective or has become obsolete.

Despite my radical ways of being I like this game and I actually want it to be better otherwise I would not be here at all right now.

aphidgod likes this.
  19. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

And yet you cannot write a single post without insulting people....

I will tell you why I ignored the RSR stuff.
    a) Title says ""Add "real road" official track surface grip setting in ac"". I briefly and in simple words, so you can understand them, explained to you why "real" is the wrong word for it. Guess it wasnt simple enough for you.
    b) RSR already has a fixed grip level for hotlaping. They may not have chosen it directly but 100% is what everybody uses to set WR. If for any reason you dont like that, go annoy Andrea.
    c) RSR could very easily add another clause to their pro rank to only include records done on 95% grip or 90 or 5... If you want that to happen, go annoy Andrea.
    d) Such a grip level can very easily be modded in, as Sam gracefully showed you and yet you expect KS to add what you consider "real", and name it so, because you consider it "real".
    e) AGAIN.. You want an unrealistic setting to be implemented in AC, just so ... I'm sorry I forgot, why is it again? Ah yes, to compare laptimes others do, to real laptimes others do...

I really hope you have added me to your ignore list, and if you havent already, please do so, because I cannot take another insulting answer from you.
    And by insulting I dont mean words like "neophyte", that doesnt bother me. It's all that stupidity that flows through your keyboard that kills me....

Tucker73, TCLF and snyperal like this.
  20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Including this preset by default isn't required to have 95% grip hot-lapping standart.
    The only thing is needed is for RSR to be able to read the actual grip level at the time hotlap was performed and add some additional filtering. I am pretty sure people who installed RSR will be able to create their own 95% preset ("how to" can be included in RSR website).

21. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I'm sorry, but your own ignorance and negativity is the only thing that makes you blind about what the purpose of this suggestion is.

You don't like the fact that I called it "real", would "more real than Optimum grip" be a good title change for you? Because clearly 95% is more real than 100% and clearly I'm not the only one agreeing to this as you can see by all the other people who support the idea. So why do you make this about me? Because you're just another ignorant neophyte.

Tell me that if this gets added to AC it will make you quit the game because of it. Tell me more how this being officially in game affects you in any negative way. Is this gonna destroy the game for you? NO. Does making this simple addition to AC will detour the work of Kunos for months because of it? NO. Am I forcing you to use this preset? NO. Is anyone else forcing you to use this? NO. Is anyone forcing you to be an annoying human being that likes to be negative just for the sake of being negative? I don't know, look in the mirror.

You fail miserably as showing me the bad guy here and you deserve the ignore list. Wish granted.

kofotsjanne likes this.