1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Advanced Steering Setup (Controller)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by S3rv3d, Aug 26, 2016.

1. S3rv3d

S3rv3d Rookie

Hi, can anyone summarise the advanced steering options? Things feel a little twitchy on a pad currently. I'm not looking for settings just an explanation of what each setting does, so I can tweak.

Speed Sensitivity -
    Steering Speed -
    Steering Filter -
    Steering Gamma -

I have searched, but I can only find recommended settings for v0.8 etc PC build so I'm sure things have changed since then.
    Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Xbox One bug advanced setting PAD, steering problem need a fix please. Aug 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Understand advanced steering wheel configuration Feb 5, 2015
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Bug with TS-PC Racer advanced mode Jul 28, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Advanced sharpening shimmering? Dec 22, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No rev leds with Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari 488 in version 1.8 [Resolved by Advanced Mode] Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Thrustmaster SF1000 / Advanced Racer LCD/LED Support Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Problem with TSPC Racer 488 challenge edition (advanced mode) Apr 18, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server private with dedicated hosting advanced queries Dec 22, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module Nov 24, 2020
    ACC Tools ACC Strategist - Advanced strategy calculator Jul 1, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [Suggestion] Server Browser & Advanced Filter Improvements May 18, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module Oct 30, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality New 1.0.8/1.0.9 'Advanced Sharpen Filter' In VR helps a lot Sep 18, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec advanced paddle module Jun 21, 2019

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

It should be something like (on PC):

Speed Sensitivity - How much the game will limit your max steering lock, according to instant car speed (let's say: at 30Km/h if you steer max right on your ministick, the virtual wheel will rotate more degrees than at 300Km/h)
    Steering Speed - How fast the virtual wheel will react to your input and reach the limit of the available lock. Or in another way, how fast the virtual pilot will rotate the wheel.
    Steering Filter - How much the game will smooth/limit aggressive input delta
    Steering Gamma - The steering response curve. Gamma 1 should be 1:1, so from the middle position->full right (or left) stick travel, the input it sends goes from 0% (center) to 50% (middle right travel) to 100% (end) in a linear fashion. At Gamma 2 it might be something like 0% (center), 25% (middle right travel) to 100% (end) in a exponential curve, and so on as you raise it. Basically it'll tame input values near the center, while rising them more abruptly near the end of travel.

Depending on how you set the parameters, they might agree or fight each other (too high Filter will mess Steering Speed). So please do one change at a time.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Hugo Catarino, pippo10 and S3rv3d like this.
  4. Gabrien

Gabrien Rookie

This information is absurdly harder to find than it should be. (Particularly as it 'should be' in the game.)

Speed Sensitivity: at 100% the car reacts to steering input the same at higher speeds as it does at lower. Lowering the percentage dampens steering input at higher speeds.

Steering Speed: 'Twitchiness' of the steering overall.

Steering Filter: How quickly stick input affects the turning of the steering wheel. At 100% the wheel cannot be turned at all.

Steering Gamma: at higher settings light inputs on the control stick affect the steering less, on a curve from stationary to maximum directional input.

For what it's worth, here's what I ended up with after a couple hours of testing, to make the cars handle smoother and less twitchy:

Speed Sensitivity: 20%
    Steering Speed: 0%
    Steering Deadzone: 0%
    Steering Filter: 20%
    Steering Gamma: 200%

risento, pippo10, Aizenhart and 10 others like this.
  5. Raikku

Raikku Racer

I also expect that soon we get "right/best" settings from community, just like it was with pCars or with Dirt rally.
    It seems that nowadays default pad settings in games are way worse than what those settings could be.

Have tinkered those settings a little but haven't found the best ones yet.

Have to add that I'm talkin about XO's side.

giulianbu likes this.
  6. djm99

djm99 Gamer

i shall certainly want help with this. I'm really struggling to control the cars at the moment..really looking forward to nailing it !!

7. BearNVa

BearNVa Gamer

Just curious... out of the box when I played Project Cars on XBONE I could hardly steer or control any of the cars with my controller and I had to configure
    Speed Sensitivity, Steering Speed, Steering Deadzone, Steering Filter, and such.... Is Assetto Corsa going to be the same way or is it going to be basically plug and play? I would much rather spend time enjoying the game and driving than have to configure, configure, configure. Don't get me wrong I don't mind doing a little bit to get the steering and handling precise but I'm not wanting to spend days researching and changing settings...

8. djm99

djm99 Gamer

This helped a lot :)

9. S3rv3d

S3rv3d Rookie

Thanks guys, I found a good setup on PCars as someone wrote a good guide on getting setup.

Really good info here. Seems like a few more threads regarding the same thing have popped us since yesterday.

Yeah it really should be in game.

10. BearNVa

BearNVa Gamer

Even with following the guide on PCars I could never get my cars to handle right on PCars so I stopped trying to play the game... I hate to say it but if AC is the same way I might just have to return it...

giulianbu likes this.
  11. giulianbu

giulianbu Rookie

hey boys the advanced option for the pads are bugged !!! it is useless to change them, the "range" whenever you change the steering remains to the right, and same thing when you modify the "filter", immediately need a correction for Xbox One and ps4, we have to draw their attention to this serious problem !! (The same problem happened with project cars on day one).
    sorry for my English, but I'm Italian.

12. hexagram87

hexagram87 Rookie

Playing on the Xbox One with a background more in Forza I've found the following settings enjoyable on the pad.

Speed Sensitivity: 20%
    Steering Speed: 5%
    Steering Deadzone: 3%
    Steering Filter: 65%
    Steering Gamma: 3.7

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I've tried similar to this and found 2 issues, steering is too slow at low speeds, like when you exit the pits. And almost impossible to catch oversteer snap,

14. hexagram87

hexagram87 Rookie

Well I should mention I play with the Elite pad, you can adjust how the left stick works. I've added the delay preset to it. This gives me subtle control over initial movements and in the case of snap oversteer if I move the stick all the way to the left or right the jump in sensitivity allows me to save the car most of the time.

As far as making a pit stop, I've not made one yet :)

pippo10 likes this.
  15. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Nice, and ha, I do not make pit stops. I do race weekends mostly so start from the pits.