1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ahvenisto, what a brilliant circuit!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Technical, elevation changes, off camber turns. Yes please! If Nordschleife and Bilsterburg had a baby, it would probably look something like Ahvenisto !

Comparing this to youtube videos I'd have assumed the builder used LiDAR but alas it was eye balled , done by hand.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ahvenisto.10846/

kazereal, Yohnny240, chksix and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Tracks modding 60's Ahvenisto - F3CT - v095B - 03/28/16 Mar 27, 2016
    Tracks modding Ahvenisto Jan 6, 2016
    Tracks modding Ahvenisto race circuit [wip] Nov 29, 2015
    Tracks modding Ahvenisto race circuit ● project thread [wip] Aug 7, 2015
    Tracks modding Wip 60's ahvenisto - f3 classics tracks v070 - 07/20/15 Apr 5, 2015
    ACC General Discussions The 'mask' of a brilliant setup - How fast are you really? May 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Mišeluk street circuit is brilliant! WOW Sep 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ac is a brilliant forza/gt race sim as well. tips for controllers. May 23, 2015
    Chit Chat Room New to AC and think its brilliant May 29, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Weekend Multiplay was ... BRILLIANT!! May 12, 2014

3. Half of the track is very accurate (The middle section, called suolenkki in Finnish) but unfortunately there are couple of sections way off. Both of them are quite crucial sections because it changes the way you drive through these places. I'd love to see an update someday because it's a really good base to build!

The track is scarily wonderful to drive in real life. :)

4. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Great find!
    Looks like a real gem, and wonderful setting in the woods

fr13del likes this.
  5. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahh ok. Good to know. Hopefully a LiDAR will appear at some point.

Oh no doubt, this track seems seriously scary in real life ! I drove the F3 historic version of this track a while back which is some what different than the modern version it seems. I find this version more intriguing.

Seven laps in and baking the tyres !! haha

Love, love, love these technical tracks. I was driving the GT3 RS in this clip, although I find the Carrera S more intriguing and challenging as it lacks all the extra downforce that comes with the GT3 RS. Load transfer is bit more challenging in the Carrera S at this track, at least for me.

The Lotus 3 eleven is a beast at this track.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I like that mod a lot, track is super exciting, and I'd like to point out that visually it is very appealing, really well done model IMO, I'm not sure if it is not missing some objects, but what is there, is really good. Blast to drive around. Not sure about racing, seems really tight with a lack of straights and even micro straights, there is one micro straight, or maybe two.

Speaking of inaccuracies, have you driven it with VR yet @Nahkamarakatti ?

7. Oh YES baby! VR will show you elevation changes just like they are irl. The steep uphill after pit exit is awesome when at first you see only sky but after the crest all you see is barriers right in front of you. :)

That place is real scary when you drive it for the first time in real car.

chksix and mantasisg 2 like this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I have had similar experience with my local track :) Really looking for bigger angle view and better resolution VR with no screendoor effect. It is amazing how flat screen does not capture the sense of elevations.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  9. I will use the momentum to tell all the track modders that I've taken tons of images from the pit area including buildings for possible track making purposes.

chksix and Orne like this.
  10. Cyberdelique

Cyberdelique Gamer

yup awsome track, exept AI exiting from pits get stuck at pit speed all along, making it unusable for me who loves playing complete weekend vs the AI

11. Orne

Orne Alien

The A.I. are messed up for sure. They could be better although given how technical this circuit is I wonder if A.I. could ever drive it reasonably well without excessive braking entering the corners. This is definitely not a beginners course. I'm left foot braking and using the throttle under braking the balance the car out in most cases.

Although on this historic F3 version the A.I. seem to get on quite well. Ran a quick ran in the MX5, A.I. seem quite decent.

Elevation changes don't feel anywhere near as dramatic in this version as they do in the version I originally posted. I prefer the more sterile surroundings of the modern version. The polygonal people ruin the immersion a bit IMO although I'm not a fan of people at any of the tracks.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/60s-ahvenisto-finland-f3-classic-tracks.9602/

12. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I was going to send you a PM @Orne, about a circuit that I am working on that I think you would like (if you like Ahvenisto) but I seem to be blocked :( (not sure what I have done)

Battenberg Ring

13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Chas lodge, fr13del and mantasisg 2 like this.
  14. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Very interesting circuit. Now it needs to have working AI, valid timer when starting from pits, track objects and voilà.

15. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Working AI - yes (10 cars currently)
    Valid timing - yes (Hotlap and Race)
    Pits - not yet
    TSO - not yet

It does give excellent racing against the AI already (I test mostly with the 908LH), and I can also understand why racing was cancelled here in 1956 :eek:

16. Orne

Orne Alien

hahah I appreciate the thought. You should know I lurk in the "What are you working on " thread at RaceDepartment :cool: so I've had my eye on Battenberg. It looks verrrrrrrry nice. Can't wait!:eek:

Is the hedgerow around the edge of the track permanent or do you plan a more varied foliage layout trackside ?

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  17. Orne

Orne Alien

18. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

+1
    can't stand those card board style low resolution people either...but then, what will you do, they just want to watch me doing my thing:D

19. Orne

Orne Alien

hahaha. Tracks with no people feels more natural to me for some reason. I'm weird like that.

20. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

So I'm waiting for working Race Weekend update and then I'll try again. Kunos spoiled me in terms of cars and track quality so I'm expecting the same from modded ones.

21. fr13del

fr13del Racer

mantasisg 2 likes this.