1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI difficulty unbalanced & too difficult vs PC version

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by MBK72, Aug 29, 2016.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Here is some more PC vs Xbox One AI difficulty comparison.

For tl;dr here is the short version - Console difficulty level Easy = PC 88%, Medium = PC 91%, Hard = PC 95-96%, Alien = PC 100%. Effectively console players do not have the option of the easiest 80% and 85% type difficulty levels, which make the game more accessible when starting out and mean you can race without concern for setups etc.

Long version with screenshot data:

I carried out this test on the PC and Xbox One using as close to the same track, temperatures and cars as possible. I say as close as possible because it is currently impossible to create the exact same conditions,

Temperature: although I set the same time of day and temperatures there was a 4 degree difference in track temperature.
    Cars: On PC custom car grids can be set freely, on the PC version I chose only GT3 cars. On Xbox One there is only the option for Same Class, so with my car set as the Nismo GT3 and same class selected the Xbox One version selected both GT3 cars and some GT2 and other similar cars.
    Using Brands Hatch Indy and the GT3 class in a quick race weekend with 5 minute qualifying cars here are the screenshots for the qualifying lap times at various difficulty levels. There is a lot more data you can dig into here about individual cars too if you wish.

PC AI 80% - no Console equivalent available
    [​IMG]

PC AI 85% = no Console equivalent

[​IMG]

PC AI 88% = Console Easy difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console difficulty Easy
    [​IMG]

PC Difficulty 91% = Console Medium difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console Medium difficulty
    [​IMG]

PC AI 95% = Console Hard difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console Hard difficulty
    [​IMG]

PC AI 100% = Console Alien difficulty
    [​IMG]

Console Alien difficulty
    [​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge AI difficulty has a bug... Mar 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Difficulty level per track Feb 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Change difficulty level in championship Nov 20, 2022
    XBox One Discussions IA difficulty championship mode Jan 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Reflections on the difficulty of streaming and commenting on races and championships Mar 11, 2021
    Console Lounge PS4 vs PC wheel steering difficulty Jul 30, 2020
    ACC Gameplay difficulty change mid-championship May 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Change difficulty Apr 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay How to set career difficulty Mar 26, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Question for Devs: Automatic Performance-based AI Difficulty Oct 29, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI difficulty balancing Jun 26, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career Difficulty Spike Issue Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [1.0.0] How to change AI difficulty in career? May 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Is the AI Difficulty be set below 70% May 7, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI difficulty vs Speed Apr 22, 2019

3. Great post.

gregack and MBK72 like this.
  4. AssettoBob

AssettoBob Rookie

Brilliant work.

Some (not all) of the races on console are currently impossible to win.

There are lots of threads here about the difficulty of the AI but I can't find any response from Kunos. Does anyone know if they have acknowledged the difficulty discrepancies between PC & console ?

Busted Gears and MBK72 like this.
  5. The only official word is in Stefano's Chit Chat video. A rebalancing of the AI is planned but first they want to update the console version to a "decent playable state".

I wouldn't expect an update regarding the AI soon.

Busted Gears likes this.
  6. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

Thanks very much for the thread and the unbalanced AI is the reason I left out the carrer so far.

This is waaaaaaaaay too difficult and also unfair (race with the M3 E30) and should be patched sooner
    than later.

MBK72 likes this.
  7. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone! We don’t want to make the game ‘easy’ by any means, but we do recognise that the AI may need tweaking, especially on Easy mode. Our team are aware of this request and are working on a solution.

8. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

Something I've discovered the past couple days is that the AI is inconsistent. What I mean is that if I get a really good start, I'll rocket right by all the AI cars before the first corner, and then run away. However, if I'm having to work through the pack, it feels like the AI difficulty (and their corresponding speed) gets ramped up quite a bit. At least it feels that way to me.

ashasha likes this.
  9. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

I'm getting discrepancies between classes / tracks.
    On Monza, the classic F1 AI is almost unbeatable. On Brands Hatch in the Alfa 155, it's like taking candy from a baby. They are literally pedestrian.

10. BBernes

BBernes Racer

On the Nurburgring they are slow as snails
    IMG_9015.JPG
    On other tracks they are difficult, maybe i an just to slow on anything but the Nurburgring.