1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic AI pit stops/tires/fuel?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by frederick84, Sep 5, 2016.

1. frederick84

frederick84 Rookie

Firstly I love the fact that we have a pit crew thanks kunos :)

Does anybody know if the AI actually pit during longer races? If so what length of race do we need to run for pit stops to come into play?
    I am on PS4 but I have no way of knowing how long the soft/medium/hard tire last for also fuel as its in litres but there is no lap usage information.
    Does anyone also know if the AI use fuel up and tires? Do there lap times slow as their tires wear?

Can we force a pitstop window? Can this be done on PC? PC users welcome to comment/help:)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay [Nords] Retired AI or AI in pits do not count as having finished the race Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified( not attempting to pit during mandatory pitstops ) Mar 5, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Gameplay GT4 not leaving PIT in Multi-class race Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Red Bull Ring PitEntry state not set correctly Jan 25, 2024
    ACC User Interface CAN'T REMOVE VIRTUAL PITBOX MARKER Nov 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Losing connection after exit the pitlane. Oct 31, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Pit Tool Oct 4, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Cooling Performance Change on Brake Change in Pits Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Physics ai sitting in pits Jul 11, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Valencia AI use wrong lane in pit lane May 6, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Valencia pit in May 1, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023

3. Mark Manning

Mark Manning Rookie

I'd love to know this too if anyone can help.

4. Gie

Gie Rookie

I agree. Especially info about tires temp/condition.

5. plaid

plaid Alien

On the PC they do not pit for tires. I can't remember any statement when or if this will change.
    You can "solve" this by deactivating tirewear on the PC, but I don't know if you have this option on the consoles.

But the AI generally got problems with pitting. I didn't bother to try it again after the last update, but before they pitted without it being necessary (note: I read that on the console they turned into the pits after a few rounds without any reason in some race).
    I assume they can't calculate how often and when they pit, so in a pretty long race they use the tires and fuel properly, so they don't pit more than necessary - which would make the player win if he uses his stops effectively.
    I think thats probably one thing hard to get right, so could be timeconsuming to code and there are many things that needs to be fixed on the console, why I wouldn't expect that this wil change soon.
    But sometimes there is a suprise in the updatelist (PC). Still I would focus on sprint races without pitstops.

6. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

I experiance on the console Ps4... Last lap i was 2nd the AI front of me takimg the last 3 cormers before race end... Slow down and i touch him.. Not crash just tuch it backside (was a slow corner) he continue first but when pitline was front of him he enter...and i win the race...otherwise he must win if not enter! So later i test it with diferend cars diferend tracks and guess what...the AI who get damage...litle not hard crash... They enter in pit!!!! Doesent meter if is last lap amd they lead....they just enter if have minimal damage!!!! Kunos must fix this

MBK72 likes this.
  7. Texas-Tornado

Texas-Tornado Rookie

Just ran a long Bathurst V8 Race. And no, the AI doesnt pit. I was the only one with a pit stop.

Please kunos, you must fix this!

i want a strategy race game like motorsport manager, where i can drive myself :)

8. ACorsa1

ACorsa1 Gamer

Agreed this is very important, but at this point alot has been done with our console version and I highly doubt we'll see a future update implementing it .
    Much like leaderboards, something that is a must have in a racing sim we can only hope it's considered with regard to AC2 .
    All I can say is thank you Kunos for giving us the best sim on console as we look toward the future hopeful for full console implementation with AC2.

9. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

I play project cars 2 if I want a race with pit stops, dynamic weather, and strategy, it's really good.

Assetto is a great hot lapper on PS4 but I can't take it seriously compared to others when racing. Again, fine if you want a short race in dry weather but I tend to run just as a hotlapper which is it's strength.

sidy06 likes this.
  10. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

For me,since the addition of custom championships,AC became much more than a hotlapper.its still the best racing title on the market (on my opinion of course!).PC has amazing features but AC provided me with my best racing moments in PS4

pippo10 likes this.
  11. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

True, custom championships has added more however when racing I personally prefer longer races with (Potential) weather changes and definitely pit stops. I find that side of things immersive and exciting.

I feel I have best of both worlds owning both games, love them

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I don't think this is true.
    I tried 3 times a 2 hour ar Daytona with LMP2, GTE and GT3 cars
    1st attempt = AI crashed on me ,anytime you break in front of a AI, AI is not able to cope with that and you get hit. This does not happen with AI in AC unless you literally use the hand brake :D.
    2nd attempt = I activated weather conditions , AI on weather goes really slow and it is not consistent.
    3nd attempt = I got a penalty as I overtook 2 AI cars which went off track and I had to slow down and get overtaken to not get the penalty.

Probably racing simulator for offline endurance races are still not good at the current state of art.
    On both games does not work.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  13. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

I haven't tried that combo yet (Although it's on my list after watching Daytona 24hr the other weekend). I've not really encountered any issues with my custom races. Apart from a bit of fine tuning the difficulty for qualifying, the races are both strategic and exciting but as mentioned I've not raced multi class endurance yet.

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I really wish people would stop perpetuating this false nonsense.

SlimCharles likes this.
  15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Assetto Corsa AI does pit. But they do it without sense or a proper pit strategy, so at the end it's better not to use tyre wear and fuel usage.

As a game, while not being the best, has never been "hotlap" only. Now it's a joke to say that.

16. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Its not a joke, its my opinion. From a custom racing point of view it doesnt give me the options or features that i another game does. So for that feature i choose another.

For hotlapping i choose Assetto because its better than others in my opinion for this type of mode.

I enjoy having both games but please dont call it a joke for just saying what i feel. Im a fan of both, feel very lucky to have them both.

sidy06 likes this.
  17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I think your opinion it's completely wrong regarding that specific matter. You may enjoy it only as a hot lapping game, but it's not that only.

First because it has other game modes. And second because those game modes work. And in some cases, better than in other games.

18. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

They do work but theyre limited compared to other games. You cant run an extended game with a proper pit strategy and the weather cant change to further affect strategy.

Other games have this project cars or the f1 series for example so I have to balance or make compromise against physics/handling and features.

As previously mentioned i prefer the dynamic weather and pitting strategy in a race against the better physics that Assetto has.

Wheb i want to run a time trial in fixed conditions Assetto is my go to.

But hey what choice, its never been so good for us console players