1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Air Particles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlfaGunner, Jul 15, 2017.

1. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Is there anyway to mod AC so that there are air particles, would be nice too see air particles at very low speeds and whizzing by at fast speeds?

ive see this in other games, where I have hit a keyboard command by mistake and a 'starfield' or particles is displayed, like its always there just hidden.

Anyway just asking,would be good in vr :oops:

detoit likes this.

2. Wat? Air particles? Damn, what kind of eyesight do you have that you see air flying past?

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

4. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

i should have added 'cue the daft replies' lol

its quite hard to describe what i mean, i will search for a game for an example

like this, but more subtle in daylight, lots of games have them, you travel through them

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  5. I look forward to it, I'm sure it'll be like a colour-blind person seeing properly for the first time, I'm intrigued!

jaxx_za likes this.
  6. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

He means like pollen and leaves and other stuff that just floats in the air sometimes

7. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

thank you for the 'non' smart arse answer lol

im serious, this effect adds something when travelling through them, and not so intensive on gpu at all

8. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I always say "every daft question deserves a few daft answers" :p
    Seems like you wanna see dust particles - that feels a little more doable! ;)

jaxx_za and AlfaGunner like this.
  9. Aaah, dust, not air! Bit of a disappointment, was looking forward to having my eyes opened for the first time.

Neilski likes this.
  10. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I have a simple hack for this, works with every single game I play. I just don't clean my contact lenses for a few days - particles floating around everywhere! :D

Seriously though, I'd love to see something like this implemented in AC... a small amount of road debris/dirt/leaves flying around would be amazing.

paul_wev and Neilski like this.
  11. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Top end HW can barely cope with VR at high graphical settings, so I'm sure you can see why adding particles / leaves is not going to be practical.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

12. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

thing is these pixels are already in every 3d game, its about expert coding understanding to highlight them say, every 100 pixels light up 1 pixel on a grid basis at 1% opacity

13. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Seriously, it's not a practical request. Most games don't have to cater for complex physics calculations every 5-10ms. Besides, who has time to look at floating dust / leaves (not that I think you would find this on a race track in any case) when you are focusing on braking / turn in points and apexs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

i never mentioned leaves...anyway, dusty contact lenses is the best way in ac lol and my girlfriend can throw leaves at me :p

paul_wev likes this.
  15. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Am not a game programmer but if I had to guess I'd guess that a few thousand dust particles wouldn't overtax the CPU or GPU in a typical AC rig...

17. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Just try turning up the smoke and drive through a cloud of it and you'll see how much it affects the framerate.

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

You mean turn up the quality/detail or something?

19. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I'm pretty sure the smoke quality setting changes how many particles it uses.

Neilski likes this.