1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ALOOG 1 - Public Server - MR[A] - Planning & Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andy-R, Jun 26, 2015.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Changed to:
    Corvette & Evora S2 & Cayman GT4 @ Brands Hatch GP.

Andy-R likes this.
  2. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Looked too unbalanced. Changed to hyper cars @ RBR GP. Not sure if they are balanced either. :D

Andy-R likes this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

********************************************************************************************************************************************
    Please post your choice of car in this thread if you plan on joining in (first post first serve basis.)
    Feel free to include a specific skin, either from Kunos skins, ALOOG skin pack or 1 you have made yourself. Please provide the skin name and your GUID when requesting a specific livery.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************

_Riverside-200.jpg

Let's see if we can get a full server for this one-off event! Please repost this any and everywhere, try and bring some more players to the race.

The track:

Riverside International Raceway Short Course

The cars:

12 U2L places remain: Alfa Romeo GTA, Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder
    6 O2L places remain: Porsche 908 LH, Ford GT40

12 cars per class, no limit on car type within a class.

It might be possible to use the Cobra by limiting the size of the fuel tank in the GT40 and 908 but it would be complicated to sort it out, I was also considering the Lancia Fulvia and Jaguar XJ13 but both have sound issues at the moment so for this event we will go with the 4 cars mentioned above.

The time:

Saturday 29th April 2017

Practice (open server): 4:00PM GMT - 150 Min
    Qualifying (open server): 6:30PM GMT - 30 Min

Race (closed server): 7:00PM GMT - 48 Laps (est 70-80 Mins)
    ***********************************************************************************************************************************************

^ Running a practice session for this event today.

Tomcul, baboon, mantasisg 2 and 2 others like this.
  4. Typer

Typer Simracer

Oh, Mogonaut, was it you I was doing battle with on the PGS server last night?! No wonder my arse got handed to me, you're a IRL racer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

For the race the GT40 will run fixed setup, fuel tank limited to 75Ltrs. This is because the 908 LH est laps with a full tank is 29 where the GT40 can run for the whole race. According to some of the guys you can load a setup now even when it is fixed.

There will be another day long practice session next Sunday. It is a good opportunity to get your pit preset sorted ahead of time and work on your setup or check long run pace. Next Sunday the practice session will use the same weather conditions as race day so you can set your tyres correctly.

If you know anyone that might be interested please invite them. It would be fantastic to have a fairly full server with these mixed classes. The race is estimated to last about 1 hour 15 mins and the O2L cars will likely pass the U2L every 6 or 7 laps so there should always be something going on, not much chance of a lonely race.

The pace of the 908 LH is still unknown, I had a quick go in the car but with little experience and default setup it is unlikely I got anywhere near pace.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I really wish to join server later... I guess 908 will not be slower than GT40, and you may find out that a pit stops will be necessary for tires anyway, especially for GT40. I think.

It has been said in the forum, that GT40 tires lasted whole 6hours of brandsHatch, but when I drive it tires are wearing very quickly with recent AC version.

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Server is up all day. The GT40 does not need a tyre change (@V8_KB did a 50+ lap drive today) That said the car will need around 50ltr of fuel during the pit stop so you might as well switch the tyres at the same time.

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I don't understand then why my GT40 tires are wearing so much, maybe they does plateau after some time ? I'll definitely try it again today. I had problems with XJ13 tire wear too, it wears super quickly for me, and aphidgod said that they are wearing not so fast for him. I don't understand the problem.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Maybe you are using a mod app like RE or SK that shows something like 80-100% grip as 0-100% and Aphidgod is using a Kunos app? I'm sure the tyres were wearing down (@V8_KB can confirm) but he did his best lap around lap 50 so the wear wasnt a problem.

10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Super weird, will try today. When I'll get free, if I will. I'm using Kunos app.

It is definitely something wrong at my end.

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

@mantasisg 2 But are you talking about tyre wear that you see in an app, or actually wear that you feel and it makes you slower and/or car is behaving differently?

Here's what it looked on the apps when I crossed the line with no fuel in the tank (burned all 140l):
    [​IMG]

As you can see rear left side is down to 96%, front left and rear right at 97% and only front right is green on the KS app. Don't look at temps or pressures, I was coasting after the bridge on the back straight and did a screen after I stopped.

Here are my lap times from that session:
    http://91.121.155.150:55001/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=38799#

PB was set on 25th lap, around the time when the car got quite a bit lighter and few laps after tyres started wearing off according to the 3rd party app you see on the bottom of that screenshot (I mean they started dropping from 100%). That was until I beat it, by 0.012s but still, on lap #54. Also I was within 0.2s on laps 50-54. So IMO, you don't have to change tyres and wear isn't an issue. I'd say you can feel tyres getting worn around mid-high 4x lap -50, the rear gets more lively, but another thing is that car has just a few liters in the tank by that time.

mantasisg 2, Andy-R and baboon like this.
  12. baboon

baboon Alien

Super durable with maybe tiny gradual drop :)

If you want to experience tires with a huge drop, try a 90s DTM car. It's crazy how suddenly it happens with those tires.

V8_KB and Andy-R like this.
  13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thanks V8, I thought that bar in the tire app is full at 100percent of tire life, and empty at abolute death of tire, but looks like it would be empty and there would still be only ~10percent worn off.

I guess you kept the pace because car was getting lighter, and you were improving.

Then maybe it is all good. But with 250F the tire life bar is reducing much more slowly, and I'm sure that those tires are less durable.

If it is going to be sprint race, a pitstop or two might be useful I guess. There might be something unpredictable too - like missed gear or something.

14. When you're talking about the KS app, I think how full the bar is has something to do with the vKM's if I read correctly.
    The wear is visualized by the color green, yellow or red.

V8_KB likes this.
  15. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Is practice still running for this? Would like to see if I could compete, it sounds like fun..

Andy-R likes this.
  16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yep the practice server will be up all day. Just search for "aloog" (server 1) Your more than welcome to join in :)
    Stracker link: http://91.121.155.150:55001/lapstat

Tomcul likes this.
  17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

About the tyre app, old post by Aris
    There are two classes with two cars in each. I'm sure that from those 4 cars you will find the one that suits you . ;)

Tomcul and mantasisg 2 like this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Are we going F350 & MX5 NA today or something else?

19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I am quite keen on trying the truck racing as I missed it over the weekend, but I won't be on until around 1830-1900 BST..

Andy-R likes this.
  20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

We have to check if the Miata is visible from the cockpit of the F350 when it's right in front of it. I mean I'm up for it. ;)

Andy-R likes this.