1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

An option for steering wheel off per car

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kraM1t, Jan 8, 2017.

1. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

I enjoy using cockpit camera as I have full control over the seating position and you get the nice g-force effects.
    I like having the steering wheel enabled for F1/Open wheelers so I can use the info on the display of the steering wheel.

But for most other cars I prefer the steering wheel off, and I'm always jumping from server to server so driving many different styles of cars. Currently having to use Dashboard camera with all other cars but I don't enjoy this so much since it's too close and no g-force effects.

Would it be possible to have a shortcut or an app or something that turns the wheel on/off and saves on a per car basis?

Thanks

vilivili and liakjim like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Option to turn off the speed showing in Fanatec steering wheels Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No steering wheel and driver in VR and no "View settings" wheel options anymore Dec 12, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals I set my wheel fanatec club sport 2.5 in the game controls option, but the steering wheel does not w Jun 18, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering Sensitivity (Steering lock) ADJUST OPTION. Apr 1, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Steering wheel options Sep 7, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering wheel options not applied Jul 22, 2016
    Suggestions Auto glance on steering option Jan 27, 2014
    Suggestions Steering wheel Option Nov 25, 2013
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions no option for private lobby's in PS5 ACC Aug 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot find option to invert clutch? Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting FATAL ERROR on click gt challange 2022 option in VR Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel works in first level options - but not when about to drive? Oct 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022

3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

+1

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

5. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I don't need such feature, I use dashmeterpro, but still +1 for a good idea.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I try to match virtual wheel in order to have correct FOV and seat position.
    So it would be perfect to have virtual wheel on to adjust view and then turn it off.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    JoseL231, LATE4APEX and Nick Moxley like this.
  7. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Thanks for support guys, glad to know I'm not the only one, I hope @Lord Kunos see's it :D

Nick Moxley likes this.
  8. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Ah well, a man can dream :) lol

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Could add that option to the onboard settings app.

Apart from that: why not just switch between the two available cockpit views?
    There is one that does include the wheel and also one that doesn't.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  10. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

The dashboard view is too close and also removes all g-force effects so it feels like you're driving something that has no suspension or anything lol

liakjim likes this.