1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anyone having trouble with the latest Windows 10 update?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Marketcrash16, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Hi guys,
    This really has nothing to do with Assetto Corsa other than the fact that since my pc updated last night (as i turned it off to go to bed) neither my Steam executable, nor AC desktop icon are functioning. Chrome and Explorer aren't working either. When I double click AC or Steam, nothing happens. When I open Google Chrome, a window opens, but it's just blank...not even an error message.

I can get Real Head Motion to start fine... But not much else. Anyone have some pointers?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Anyone having this? - Weird glitter on name tags at night + SA question. Oct 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Anyone else using urd egt mod and having ai issues, cars crashing/retiring? Aug 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Is anyone having troubles loading this forum? Apr 28, 2014
    3D car models ummm... anyone else having trouble finding templates for new cars??? Mar 28, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone find there is big "depression" on the track in Zandvoort, at this point!!! Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone have experienced the same glitch? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions anyone ever try the DJI FPV goggles with console gameplay? Jun 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are you anyone driving BMW M6 in ACC? Apr 4, 2021

3. Here is an example: when I click the speaker icon to adjust volume, nothing happens. If I right click and select open volume settings, it works fine. I also have a few AC custom skins files on my desktop that open no problem. Gimp software (which I use to edit skins) also opens with no issue. GTR2 (non steam) doesn't function either.

4. magzire

magzire Alien

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

bondyboy likes this.
  5. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

I have some weird administrator problems since the update. I can click on 'change account', you hear the click but nothing happens. It's like my administrator rights are gone. Except I see my name and below it still says 'administrator'. Also some weird browser problems, Opera was completely empty, all my favorites where gone. Luckily I use the Opera synchronize option, so that was solved in a couple of seconds. But the administrator bugs me...

6. fabT

fabT Alien

Still fine for me after update ... Win 10 64 bit.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Problems here too, updated restarted, loaded new user??
    Restarted my profile back but half my desktop icons missing?

8. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

Mine to. But important is to reinstal newest drivers for graphics and audio.

9. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Mine updated last night (Win10) after I mistakenly turned the PC off (don't ask lol). Also updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and everything still works fine.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

How is the AC performance on win 10? I am thinking to partition my drive & grab the free upgrade. Bloody microsoft got me lol...

11. Emerson

Emerson Racer

No problems here with AC/Wind10.

12. LeiF

LeiF Alien

When I moved to Win10 my AC performance actually noticeably increased (AMD cpu and gpu though).

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thats interesting LiEF. Fingers crossed. Thanks for sharing..

LeiF likes this.
  14. SOLVED!!!
    I am sharing this in the hope that you can avoid what happened to me. It appears as though something happened to my user profile during the update that corrupted it. Now had I been smart, I would have had more than 1 user profile (with admin rights) set up, but I didn't. In my particular case I was not even able to create a new user because I wasn't able to navigate to the Windows setting so I ended up having to do a full reinstall.

Had I had another user profile, I would have been able to switch to that and only have had to do some minor file moves. The corrupt user profile becomes useless basically forever.

Hope this helps someone.

Maxidyne likes this.
  15. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

@Marketcrash16: I have the identical problem :confused: So fresh install it is... Thanks for the clarification!

16. Sorry to hear that. Possibly there is another solution but I had wasted 2 nights on it and couldn't be bothered. When u reinstall, if you keep "personal files", AC should still be on your drive. Still sucks to do.