1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto becoming "NO Man's Sky" of my sim world

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by gixerman1277, Oct 1, 2016.

1. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

I personally am truly disappointed in this title. I must have been uninformed or misinformed, but I believed at the very least this game was going to contain all the basic input features of PC version such as, wheel settings, button re-assignments, etc. etc. ( No possible reason that it should not) This game isn't even a sim on PS4. The hype would have you believe it is a great sim for console, but with less features for tuning your setup than Driveclub I personally am feeling like I did after the first hour of No Man's Sky, " This is it" It is definitely a deal breaker for me and I had hoped the new update would improve things. It did nothing for me and my rig. I think it is truly ridiculous to not have all the controls of the PC game. I have the season pass and everything, and will keep hoping, but I wish I could get my money back at this point, just not the game that is advertised at all for me. If I cannot even set up my wheel, pedals, button assignments.. I cannot really begin to play this game from the very start. Sorry for long post, just venting my personal view and great disappointment.I hope they can someday deliver this game in it's entirety. We seem to live in a gaming age where we get over hyped unfinished or flat out broken games that are fixed in a paid DLC or sometimes never. This is far from the only broken or misrepresented title..it is a prevailing tide today it seems, yet *****s like myself hope believe and get excited.. until we actually play the darn things, lol Good day to everyone. I do hope they can at least add basic sim control features for those of us who do need them to get into this title.

Dyr_gl, demonized, Fettsback and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I can understand the frustration about control mapping because it is poor on console. I dont think anyone can say that its good or even decent. But what do you mean with limited tuning setups, do you mean the cars?

4. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

FYI I did notice that none of the cars mentioned in the Japanese DLC are working, they are just like prestige cars from launch. They are there but when you try to get them they just give you error that they are not available at this time. I can see them all.. but obviously cannot use any. I did pay for them by the way.. not just eye candy I hope

5. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

No the car set up screens seem good, but for me if I cannot get "MY" setup on my rig right I cannot even get to the in game car setup point.. lol what's the "point"

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Oh, you mean changing seat position ingame?

7. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

If you wish you could have your money back sell it , cex are giving £14 at the moment if your in the uk I'll give you £20.

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

The Japanese pack is just not in the store yet. When it's in the store, probably next week, it should be solved. So a little more patience is gonna solve your problem. Same for the prestige pack, it's already available on xbox store.

9. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

lol, I can sell game but not the add-ons... Let the trolling begin.. thank you everyone.. cheers

10. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

You really can't set up your wheel? Or pedals? Wow, the console version definitely must be broken then. Now I understand your pain...

11. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Trolling? I just offered to buy your game.
    You said you wished you could get your money back , your words not mine. I was being genuine.

As for the season pass , well to be fair maybe you should of waited to see you liked the game first before buying it.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  12. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Just my two cents, but I don't think he was calling you a troll. He was anticipating the fanboys trolling his comments. I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

Bibbles likes this.
  13. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

You will never be charged for patches and updates. DLCs yes, but not fixes.

I too hope that the game has more features added, but I think you have a rather negative view of. I've been playing it with a g29 and it's been amazing from the start. And with the recent screen tearing fixes and frame rate improvements the game is absolutely sublime.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  14. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

I agree with the OP. We've been duped. Again.