1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Compares To Real Car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Dec 21, 2016.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Hi guys.

I have been running across positive testimonies of real car comparisons from car owners lately and even though I do not own anything in-game at the moment, have to agree.

I know there is a lot of physical detail missing, which I am currently working on in a new cockpit design, but still, I think Kunos is coming the closest to real driving physics then any other software to date.

So I am asking anyone with real cars that are in AC, how they compare?

Thank you!:)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Robnitro, vilivili, gregack and 8 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Tuesday at 10:25 AM
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Great idea, there are plenty down to earth cars, which I'm sure somebody has driven on the limit :) Speak up.

I'm still waiting for Opel Omega or Fiat Palio Weekend :D to be brought into AC

4. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

My ex BMW 1M came pretty close to the AC 1M in terms of behaviour (and vice versa) though I find AC's car a tad too tailhappy in 3rd with the 19inch wheels on a fast track, 21 degrees. It feels like it's on wintersetup/tyres.

Cheers
    Robin

5. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I was totally thinking of starting a thread like this. Thanks, @vegaguy 5555 . :)

2015 Mustang GT
    I've put lots of miles on several Mustang GT's and had one trackday at VIR Full in one. It's the only AC car I've spent real quality time in. I'll just copy+paste what I said about Mustang GT when it came out:
    You guys nailed the Mustang. Nailed it. Driving an AC car I have spent so much real time in shows me how good a job Kunos has done with bringing these cars to life....
    Now everyone who has driven this car in AC with a decent wheel has a very good idea of what the car feels like in real life. It's all there. The balance, the heft, the light steering, the floatiness, the power curve, the way it trail-brakes so nicely...

Abarth 500 EsseEsse
    Feels pretty good. I haven't driven one very hard IRL, but the engine sound, power curve and steering is all there. It seems like the real car is not as planted, a little livelier, a little less refined.

Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86
    Ok, this one is not quite, because Scion is damped differently and supposedly much more tail happy than the GT86/BRZ IRL. I actually lost rear traction inadvertently when driving a Scion thru a roundabout (thanks for the assist, Stability Control computer :eek: ). The GT86 in AC seems the opposite. You have to really try to get the rear to break loose. And those Eco tires help. But, the very flat cornering, meaty mid-range torque curve, and flat-4 growl are all there. AC's seems like a believable representation to me.

Ok Kunos, let me finish my list one day. Help me out with the NA Miata, Focus RS, Fiesta ST, GT-350R, E36 M3.... :D

gregack, CamsX, LeDude83 and 6 others like this.
  6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

The gt86 is balanced somewhere between the FR-S and the BRZ. I've made several posts about my impression of the 86 in the game and in real life, so no point repeating that yet again. It's really accurate to me, though. The ffb is livelier in the game, I guess that's the electric power steering "helping"...

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

The NB miata is spot on when it comes to feeling. I do the same things and it reacts the same way. (is that car a mod, I don't remember).

8. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Oh I thought the FR-S steering was fairly numb IRL too. Glad it wasn't just me. But the Abarth 500 even more so. The steering in game actually feels more real. :eek: Has to be some of the worst ever in a "fun" car. But I really like everything else about the Abarth, except maybe explaining to some of the confused people I work with why I think it's a cool car. :rolleyes:

I want to hear from some E92 M3 people. I like that car more and more. :)

vegaguy 5555 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. I have drove a new Mustang. And everything you described is right on.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There's a NB Miata for AC?

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I few years ago me and a friend rented a E92 M3 from RSR at the Nordschleife, did 6 laps each of the tourist layout). The car in game brings back all those memories, it feels exactly how I remember it around there.

I own an 86 and the car is very close, though hard to say 100% as have not driven that on the track, feels a bit slipperier on the road but the speeds are much lower then track.

Also own a R32 GTR that I spent a bit of time racing around Barbagallo (Perth, WA) and driving the 34 GTR on the mod Brabagallo track feels very similar to the real thing, down to the lines you need to use and its turn in and on power characteristics, especially in that damn last corner with the ripple strip that separates track and pit entry

12. Orne

Orne Alien

Interesting. The 2015 Mustang in AC has always resonated with me. It has lots idiosyncrasies and nuance at play. How heavy the car feels in the turns, the weight shift, throttle response. It takes work to get this car around the track properly, I like that !

13. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

The E92 M3 and GT4 are really close except for the sounds. I mean they are fine for the sim, but as an owner they don't sound like what I hear in the real cars. The steering feel in the gt4 is pretty uncanny.

14. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

The Gallardo is ok. Bit doughy. The RX7 is also ok, but behaves a bit wierd on the overrun. none of the setup options for the rx7 are accurate either. Most cars are in the ballpark.

Seria17hri11er and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  15. Same. Was pretty disappointing after all the praise, guess reviewers are used to modern cars now. Just felt overly damped to me.

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Strange, wonder if the FR-S is set up different to the 86, I have been driving one daily for close to 3 years now and the steering is very responsive with heaps of feedback. Car overall feels like a go kart.

Back to real car comparison though, not sure how I forgot to mention this one as its probably my all time favourite road car... The 458, have driven fast laps in one at Thruxton in the UK and the feel of the car in AC is exactly the same as the real car, from the turn in to the brakes and engine sound. This is the car I take for laps when I just want to randomly drive something. It feels like the perfect sports car (the 911 R might challenge that though). The normal Aventador was the other car driven on the same day as the 458 (Drove them back to back, was a good day). What I got from the real car was that it went like a rocket and sounded amazing, didn't turn in too well though and was nowhere near a match for the 458 in the corners. Didn't wash off speed as quick either. The SV version in AC has these same characteristics

17. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

The FR-S is pretty different to the GT86. The feedback you are getting is coming through the chassis into the excellent seat, not through the steering wheel. It will tell you very clearly what the car is doing, but the subtlety that you get with an hydraulic PAS or even no PAS is just not there in an electric system. It has great feel for the self alignment though. It's very easy to fele the rear stepping out through the wheel as well, and it's plenty quick enough to catch most slides.
    What rubber you use plays a big role as well. I felt a big difference in "ffb" when changing tires.

Just for reference, the springs on the different FT-86 models:
    OEM Toyota 86 2.3k/3.3k
    OEM Toyota GT86 (EU) 2.3k/3.3k
    OEM Scion FR-S M/T 2.3k/3.8k
    OEM Subaru BRZ M/T2.7k/3.5k

So you can clearly see how the FR-S is tuned quite a bit more toward oversteer than the BRZ, with the Toyota somewhere in the middle.

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I almost forgot I also had an E90 M3 6MT from 2008 until 2010 , but I wasn't really fond of that car: A high revving 'race-engine' in a 'small'(but heavy relatively) saloon. The famous engine S65 didn't have much grunt below 4000rpm, it also didn't sound(to me) really powerful/special, even at high revs.
    (My current F87 M2 with MPE exhaust, adjustable flaps in cockpit sounds WAY better imho:)) . It didn't have a flat plane crankshaft (like Ferrari) but it was high revving. A bit contradictory if you ask me. I wanted it to sound like a throaty burbling AMG V8 or a Vette(fwiw) but it didn't. And I wanted it to sound like a Ferrari 430, which it didn't either lol.

It was also rather UNDERsteery initially, the big fat reartyres not helping the 'gruntless' engine to point the car in either(like my ex E46 M3/1M and current M2 do)

I find the AC E92 M3 (any version) more alive & kicking than its real counterpart.

Time for coffee;)

Cheers
    Robin

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

As usual - nice writeup. May I ask how your E90 had the suspension set up? I usually max out the front neg camber and sometimes reduce rear neg camber in AC road cars before even getting out of pits.

Also, comparing the saloon E90 with the Coupe E92 is certainly not waterproof.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The "real" steering force option Stefano mentioned would be interesting. If they start collecting that data for the cars.

I suppose it'd be difficult to implement with so many different wheels though.

vegaguy 5555 and Alexandr66 like this.