1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa - Competizione "MOUSE STEERING"

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Mateo De Bonis, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Sorry about this crap post, but someone can confirm from Kunoz, staff if Assetto Corsa competizione will add the "Mouse Steering" Function like in Assetto Corsa?
    because i drive with Mouse Steering and before every wheel driver come here to say "buy a wheel" 1- I win against Wheel Users a lot of times. 2- In my country is 120% expensive and there's almost no Steering Wheels to buy, only 2nd hand for the price of a new one in Europe or USA and even more expensive than a new one there.

THANKS.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Tuesday at 10:25 AM
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023

3. demonized

demonized Simracer

i personally don't see a reason why it will be removed, but who knows

4. magzire

magzire Alien

Or buy a joypad :)
    Seriously a mouse, cmn dude lol

Mitch09 likes this.
  5. You have to prove the steam controller. Wait for one of the many steam offers . Uses the gyroscopic sensor as steering wheel. Use the analog triggers to accelerate and brake and the lower buttons to change gears. It's closer to a steering wheel than to a gamepad.

6. I think you dont know to much about devices... by far "Mouse" is the most precise device in comparison with a Steering Wheel, and as i said, i can beat Steering Wheel users with G29- G27- T300 - Fanatec, etc... if you race in Assetto Corsa maybe you know about a private group called SRS , a league and i race there against really good drivers and i get podium like 20 times, i dont want a gamepad because if i'll race with a Joystick i'll buy a PS4 but with that money i can buy a great steering wheel, or well... a good 2nd hand steering wheel in my country.

To many things from te Input to the Game = InputLag, i prefer the accurate movement 1:1 to the screen, the only device that can achieve that is a Mouse against a Steering Wheel, i play more than 10 years in Playstation with Joystick-Gamepad using D-pad and Analog and i can say that Mouse Steering beat Gamepads by far..

7. magzire

magzire Alien

Okay thats fair enough, just the thoughts of using a mouse. With mouse you're play a playing a game, with wheel you are driving a game. Just sucks that its so expensive.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

No, it isn't.

Did you ever see someone drive a real car with a mouse?

Mitch09, morpwr69 and mms like this.
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

How do you brake and accelerate?

Going faster is not everything, it is car simulator after all, but I perfectly understand your situation

10. Orne

Orne Alien

I'm hoping for an iphone/ipad steering interface or maybe even a tiller handle steering option. :p:D I'm rollin old school son, they see me tillin, 1904 Cyklonette style, they hate'n !!

[​IMG]

Andrew_WOT, Typer, mms and 1 other person like this.
  11. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

The fact he can beat anybody with a mouse is insane. That's like telling your buddies you just got beat up by a girl.... Take that 1200 dollar dd wheel I got a 20 dollar mouse.lol

12. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Aaah... the memories of completing the full Indy 500 on the Amiga, twice, with a mouse :cool:

If you are interested, pm me with your location. I've got a G27 and pedals with a Bodnar cable gathering dust. I'm sure we can work something out :)

bondyboy and Andrew_WOT like this.
  13. Pedro Sanchez Pareja said:
    You have to prove the steam controller. Wait for one of the many steam offers . Uses the gyroscopic sensor as steering wheel. Use the analog triggers to accelerate and brake and the lower buttons to change gears. It's closer to a steering wheel than to a gamepad.

Mateo De Bonis said:
    To many things from te Input to the Game = InputLag, i prefer the accurate movement 1:1 to the screen, the only device that can achieve that is a Mouse against a Steering Wheel, i play more than 10 years in Playstation with Joystick-Gamepad using D-pad and Analog and i can say that Mouse Steering beat Gamepads by far..[/QUOTE]

Ok. I meant about feeling. For me it's more enjoyable experience. And it's cheaper and more practical than a ffb wheel. And better than xbox gamepad. I played with mouse when the LFS came out. The turn is very precise but as it has no recentering you have to play looking at the position of the steering wheel. In addition, the accelerator and brake must be digital.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  14. Why everyone here still compare Mouse with a Steering Wheel, i dont understand it. If i can make a lap time and a steering wheel user made the same or sometimes slower, that's all. I know i can play really good with Mouse Steering and i dont need right now a steering wheel, i use steering wheel for 4 years and i know how Assetto Corsa FFB feels in my hands and i love it, but now i havent it because i sold the g27, i need the money. So my question was if someone know about Mouse Steering option in the new Assetto Corsa Competizione, that's all, i dont want you to tell me what Steering Wheel buy, how i need to play, that i need a gamepad, etc etc.. because i'm not here to read that.

W = Throttle
    S = Brake
    E= Shift up
    F = Shift Down
    A-D = Look left-right

Assetto Corsa have a great system for Mouse Steering users that you'll not find in ANY other simulator, that the Keyboard user have a -35% throttle when the car is about to spin, to make it smoother because the key input is 1-0-1-0-1-0 so if you tap the key you're using 100% throttle, instead of that you're using 65% until the tyre of the car stop spining (drifting) from the outside of the corner. It will overheat and you'll spin like a steering wheel user if you dont stop throttlin or countersteering to save the car, but that makes the car accelerate smooth at the corners exit, maybe i'm +0.1 sec slower than a steering wheel user in that moment, but if you're behind the car you'll catch him easily until the next corner and repeat...
    If my pc was better i can record and show everyone how a Mouse Steering looks when you spend 8 months playing with it and you'll almost dont notice difference from a steering wheel user video, but sadly my CPU usage is alwasy 80-99% in AC and Gpu usage around 50-70% because i have 4x phenom ii from 2009 and i need to change Motherboard+CPU+Ram if i want something better, we're talking about 600 u$s in my country for the lowest performance change but that's not good for the future of gaming, if i'll spend money chaning my pc i need better things, around 1000u$s and that's a lot here.

15. You know that AC has background 'Hand Of God' assists turned on (that can't be turned off, no matter what you have set in the options) when using mouse and keyboard, right?

LeiF likes this.
  16. Yeah, read up-comment is what i said, and i know about it, anyway i can drive without it, i disable that using vJoy to emulate Steering Wheel axis on Mouse Steering and FreePie script to emulate keyboard for SteeringWheel buttons + Axi throttle Brake Clutch, specially for Drifting

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Wow, last time I played like this was NFS 1. Good old days, but I really don't want to go back.

18. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Sorry @Mateo De Bonis , wasn't trying to tell you you should get a wheel. Brought back some fantastic memories, kudos to you for what you manage to achieve :cool:

19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I can't even remember which car/series it was now but I can confirm Mateo definitely kicked my *** in an SRS race recently :)

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Mouse controls need full time forced ABS and TC for all cars, as its actually impossible to control brake and throttle with basically one of these if not massively assisted by electronics.

[​IMG]

Saying that ACC with gt3 cars that have assists electronics enabled. I dont see why they would remove mouse steering even if only used by very few. It would be the same as removing gamepad support as this also needs outside assists to be competitive with wheel users.

Im fairly sure they are looking for more customers not less so limiting input devices would simply be a bad move.