1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Dualshock 4 Optimum Settings

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by StarChild-_-, Nov 23, 2016.

1. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

After playing around with it for almost a day now, I'm accepting that the default controller setup is geared towards arcade button-bashers..Fine, although this is a pure breed simulation engine I somewhat understand the choice while entering the console market.

However, if you know your way around analog potentiometer controls (rc helicopters, cars, simulators etc.) you will find the default controller settings just outrageous.

Below are what I fell should be the optimised base settings for dualshock 4 controller potentiometers (for smooth,precision driving..NOT for stick bashing)

Speed Sensitivity 70
    Steering Speed 88
    Steering Dead Zone 5
    Steering Filter 83
    Steering Gamma 1.8

Let me know how this set works for you..

SHOUDO and Montoya86 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. rodall

rodall Rookie

Hello,
    Any news on ps4 pro / Vr Patch for ps4 ?
    Thank you.

4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Hi I thought I'd give these settings a try, holy cow precise driving you say? They were as bad as default lol, all over the place. Sorry. What's important is that they work for you though.

5. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

Hmm could you describe the unwanted behavior? like what would you improve if you could?

6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

like vey unstable, like a boat even on the straights. I usually try with various cars. My settings are as good as I'm gonna get them I think, pretty stable with all cars and not so twitchy. I just like to try other people's settings in case im missing something.

7. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

Well on straights i don't touch the stick and it drives pretty straight imho.

Would you care to share your settings?

8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

PS_Messages_20161125_013514.jpeg These are the settings I've been using for the last week, just thought I'd try tweaking them to see if I was faster. Tested with GT3 cars and lotus T25 and T49. Pretty stable on straights.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

9. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

Thanks for sharing
    I have been refining mine too, my current values are :

Sensitivity 92
    Steering 85
    Deadzone 0
    Filter 82
    Gamma 2

We seem to differ on Gamma, filter, and speed.

0 filter and 100 speed means you translate every little twitch from the stick to the wheel, as fast as you can..isn't that twitchy?

And gamma over 2.5 indicates that you are making the beginning of the steer zone very sensitive and further travel will loose sensitivity.. This indeed is good for fast races where you dont push the stick much..however medium to low speed cornering will be badly affected.

Your deviation from gamma center is +8 where mine is -5.Remember 2.5 is linear curve, and deviating from that makes the curve exponential, therfore radical.

I tend to use the sticks with very smooth transitions instead of using them like a digital d-pad since i also fly helicopters.. without filter there is a lot erratic movement on the wheel and feels like it needs interpolation

10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I dont find it twitchy, or rather I don't find it ad twitchy as other settings. Also I have used lower gamma and steering speed settings etc which feel similar to my current settings.

There isn't much thought behind my settings, I move one to the opposite end of the scale then see what effect it has. My other settings I used had gamma set at 2.2. Every few weeks I'll tweak it to see if I can make it better. I've put hours into it so I am completely bored of messing with it. This would all be a lot easier if we could stay on track and adjust settings.

11. Racer_Z

Racer_Z Gamer

Hi All,

It would be nice if we could keep this topic up.

For the settings posted by Starchild, I have tried yesterday all day with GT3 cars and DTM cars (at Hard).

While they work quite well if using Alfa Romeo 155 V6 with the DTM, they don't work so efficiently with the GT3.

My feeling of these settings is that they tend to soften everything (accelerating and steering), making the driving easier (less nervous and abrupt) but at the same time don't allow to release the full throttle or don't allow to be as fast and reactive in the cornering as I would.

So they work with Alfa 155 because is faster by default compared to rivals and is a relatively nervous car (so it needs a softener in its behaviour), but they don't work in general with GT3 cars because they dump the performance.

I would recommend to lower the Steering Sensitivity to 55 - 60%, raise the Speed Sensitivity to 100%, and adjust the Gamma to 2.2.

Any thoughts?

pippo10 likes this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I actually use smooth inputs. I tweaked my settings the other week because I was doing the weekly hotlap challenge and wanted to see if I could be faster through the corners.

Anyway after your explanation relating to RC hellis I thought I would give your settings a try and then slowly tweak from there. I found your settings far too jerky, minimal imput resulted in the car steering too swiftly, however on my first outing I decided to try the hotlap challenge a go with these setting, half way round the track I looked behind to see where my ghost was, I was shocked to see it far far behind me.

I messed up my lap on the bus stop section on spa but easily beat my time and reached my target of breaking into the 2:25s. So woop woop. However these setting were unusable in the lotus 49, my previous settings I found them to be equally with all cars. I made some adjustments that made the lotus more controllable but not quite there yet. I think it's a matter of just tweeking a little by little now so let's see what we come up with.

The GT3s were the biggest obstacle for me with settings. I did not find any I was happy with untill after 10 hours of testing settings, which is bloody ridiculous considering I was happy with my settings prior to 1.03 udate and even with default. Give my settings I posted above a try with the gt3s.

13. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

I've been repeating this a lot of times, but mentioning it one more time wont hurt .... :D Anything that doesn't utilize 100 Steering speed is useless and makes you less competitive. But just my 2 cents ...

14. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

I'll be disagreeing with that regardless of the amount of repetitions you may be willing to provide, .for two reasons mainly.Firstly, when it comes to dealing with tyre grip during momentum shift,the smoother or gradually you change direction of momentum the lesser will be your loss of grip.And putting it to 100% ensures that the wheel moves as fast as it can. Secondly I find in life that absolute extremes are never good, and quite frankly "anything but 100% is useless " means that the the engineer who spent time coding that there was useless and I tend to disagree with that.

My two pennies

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  15. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

I think the virtual wheel rotation speed must be set to "off" for diagnostic purposes.While this has absolutely no effect on the actual steering , being able to see exactly what the wheel is doing helps in fine tuning the controller settings.

For an example, miniscule vibrations that may seem safe to ommit on the original (or lower) settings, may turn to ugly twitches on the "off" (1 to 1) setting.

pippo10 likes this.
  16. StarChild-_-

StarChild-_- Rookie

You are right, my gamma setting puts the high sensitivity in the high-mid section of the stick travel,while your's emphasise it in high-low.This means that yes,in the initial movement of the stick (the tiny adjustments area) it will be less sensitive (small moves result in bigger steering) BUT in the mid to high-mid range it will be rather sensitive and precise.I find as I go around the track high-mid zone is used the most in steering so I try to focus the sensitivity there.Besides, the smaller movements of the stick are mostly for the straights which are the fastest times of driving, this means steering speed sensitivity is dampening those small movements anyway..I recommend increasing that setting to gain more stability on the straights where speed is rather high.

This brings in a new problem though.if you like to brake into a corner like I do, you will find a very high speed sensitivity makes life very hard.As you are slowing down, the dampening effect of the speed on the steering it becomes less and less.This means if you were to hold the stick stationary while turning, as a result you will steer more and more as you reduce your speed and I find this rather hard to compensate.

If you have achieved faster laps with my settings this is probably due to filtering and steering differences we have.As i explained in my previous post, the smoother you shift momentum the less you loose grip.

I recommend setting the virtual wheel rotation limit to "off" and observe it's movement while adjusting controller settings. The smoother your rotation on the wheel, the more grip your tyres have, thus resulting in faster laps.

pippo10 likes this.
  17. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

whatever ... :D I know what I'm talking about. In the end, you know best whats working for you ...

18. zeroasdf

zeroasdf Rookie

19. tebtengri

tebtengri Rookie

I had trouble adjusting controller settings on PS4 and after the latest update I think I found the best settings.

Speed Sensitivity 100
    Steering Speed 0
    Steering Deadzone 100
    Steering Filter 10
    Gamma 2.2

20. The above is similar to what I've settled on.

Speed sensitivity = 75 good baseline (adjust per car/track)
    Steering speed = 0
    Steering dead zone = 0-10 depending on your pad.
    Steering filter = 0
    Gamma = 3

Not bad at all with these settings, but I wish we could lower the Max possible steering angle in car setup.

21. Pisshead30

Pisshead30 Rookie

Im new to the game and use the pad on ps4 and was wondering what these settings filter, gamma, dead zone mean. Sensitivity and Speed are pretty self explanatory