1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Tech Preview VS Assetto Corsa 1.15.2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tiago Lima, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Important Before Runing it backup you ac docs folder

Dont run ac 1.15 after runing the tech preview without deleting the ac docs folder and replacing it for the backup

Download Link:
    http://games.reveur.de/Download.php...ttocorsa&strTicket=gr.59d890f5ecf8a4.61977089

The Assetto Corsa Technology Preview was a playable benchmark that was released on 22 February 2013. It offered one car, Lotus Elise SC, and one track, Autodromo dell'Umbria in Magione, Italy, as well as two playing modes, free practice and time attack. The preview's main purpose was to allow users to get their first taste of the engine, test it, and report feedback. The preview required the player to own a netKar Pro license.

Schnipp, Berniyh, tabis and 14 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Tuesday at 10:25 AM
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023

3. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

the grip on the tech build :confused:

Tiago Lima likes this.
  4. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Yes true , is completely diferent :)

5. TDS

TDS Alien

AC came a long way since the tech preview, long live kunos, AC 2 Evoluzione "2019" :)

Berniyh and Tiago Lima like this.
  6. Biggest, most significant change from early access though, you ask?

Windscreen wiper is now on the right.

Gevatter, Tiago Lima and aphidgod like this.
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The darker trees are not bad a choice, I must admit. Generally, light and contrast is better nowadays, but the trees, compared to the tech demo, look as if they have some traces of snow on them, reflecting in the sunlight. They often appeared to me as too bright - and I thought that already before this video. This bright they are in Spring at best (mid-April to late May), but in early June already the leaves have turned dark.

:)

Serious.

Obviously, a version 1.16 is needed.

:D

They could use the opportunity to add some long wanted features, while they are at fixing the broken trees. Winter trees for example.

I do not talk of rain and night, I think its clear by now we do not get these. I just talk of something different, I only talk of some snow and ice. And maybre racing between 18:00 and 08:00, that would be appreciated.

:p

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Tiago Lima likes this.
  8. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

A lot more grip in general.
    Front grip is more obvious because the car is understeering a lot in the 15.2 video, but the rear isn't exactly all over the place in the tech preview, the car is faster and grippier in the tech preview.

Aside from that update that broke ABS cars i've always liked the newer versions of AC, a rare thing given that amount of tinkering we had.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Accelerating & braking much more late in the older build was more effective. TM10 is much better.

Something still off, but every racing sim suffer from it... Maybe it has to do with use end computer power or limitation in the engine to simulate the sprung force & the unsprung force on the tires. Like if the force physic is based on the wheel hub of a car rather than the sprung weight.

Every compound has different grip & don't care much about the lap time.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Tiago Lima likes this.
  11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I preferred the trees in the TP. The trees in the full version look too bright to me.

12. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

They are not that far away if you change sun direction to match and use higher contrast PP-filter.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

But that effects all other elements in the picture as well, which in most cases would mean a worse, too dark colour palette.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  14. Corsa911

Corsa911 Rookie

We need a dark tree mod :rolleyes:

Tiago Lima and neimadmax like this.
  15. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

way better trees on old build, wtf?

Tiago Lima likes this.
  16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

*looks out the window at actual trees*

I'll go with the new ones, thanks.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  17. Proody

Proody Racer

18. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Everything is darker and has more contrast in that video, not just trees. o_O

Tiago could tell us what kind of PP he used. Most of the "realistic colour" PP´s are very HDR or at least bland. Probably some of those who want trees to be darker have something like that installed. :D

19. I miss the color palette + asphalt + grass textures that AC used to have in the early days... was so much more rich and alive than what we have now.

20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Damn 4 years have passed just like that.

Agree with others those trees brightness in tech preview looks great.

magzire likes this.
  21. magzire

magzire Alien

Still in beta :)