1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Unofficial Multiplayer Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by NeverKrash, May 18, 2014.

1. NeverKrash

NeverKrash Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]
    I propose an unofficial code of conduct to bring awareness of particular driving standards the community expects

No idea is enforced. It is not a platform to say this is the correct and only way of racing conduct.

Download below:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    phil, Backmarker and dESK0 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Sunday at 6:43 PM
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Saturday at 7:09 AM
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Thursday at 1:52 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023
    Screens & Videos REVIEW / RECENSIONE Assetto Corsa Oct 14, 2023

3. Lukapsb

Lukapsb Racer

4. NeverKrash

Lukapsb likes this.
  5. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

So where does change the mainstream driving line to something different so the guy behind you doesn't know whats going? :D I will follow off anyone who drives infront. :D So I sometimes use my driving line so the guy behind me can't keep up because he didn't expect it.

6. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

That wasn't Nice, but everyone is free to do what ever they want...
    suggestion:if you want to accompany existing threads, you should probably enrich them with new content......peace;)

phil likes this.
  7. NeverKrash

This is entirely separate from any other thread. I understand what you mean, but there was nothing bad to any person about what I wrote. I wrote this thread when I was frustrated with the conduct of some drivers.

8. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

"This one is just a formal set of suggestions as described in paragraph 1 to accompany existing threads"
    Your words, not mine;)
    See ya:)

phil likes this.
  9. NeverKrash

Paragraph 1 - "It is more formal and specific to driving conditions than other sporting codes available, but it shouldn't be understood as a replacement to any of these."

I apologise sincerely if anything has offended you.

Backmarker and cunnu79 like this.
  10. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

appendix 1 - Drivers should have already done at least 10 laps in their chosen car and have basic circuit knowledge to prevent them crashing out 3 times per lap, and then re-entering the track in the dumbest manner ever.

11. NeverKrash

Added to 1.7, thanks!

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol sorry even I am not going to read that load of legal jargon that has no standing. Good luck getting someone that doesnt even bother to drive a single practice lap on a track to read this sort of thing.

Its quite simple drive clean and fair.

No need for something like this that pretends to be something from a sim FIA equivelant when its just one persons view on how things should be done. Even if its all got the right intentions it still has no standing and the odds of more then 2 people reading that entire list is slim to none even if it was an official TOS befoe entering an mp lobby.

TCLF likes this.
  13. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I agree its pointless, yet at the same time its harmless, so it doesn't really matter.

14. NeverKrash

New PDF presentation of document added.

15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

To be fair, his rules regarding leaving space for other cars on track are fundamentally different to yours, and are the same as any leagues I've participated in, therefore how I would drive on any server, public or otherwise.

"....Drivers defending their position, during a braking area, must commit to one line of braking, leaving a one car space between the edge of the track and his car if any portion of the car behind is alongside his car, during braking, or at the apex of the corner."

You want to get a measuring tape out at every corner to ascertain if an overtaking car's nose is 1/2 way along side the front car :rolleyes:

phil likes this.
  16. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

???...you talking of defending or overtaking???

"You want to get a measuring tape out at every corner to ascertain if an overtaking car's nose is 1/2 way along side the front car :rolleyes:"?????? can't you use your eyes???

and tell you one thing...these rules are copied from Formula 1, real world racing, mine are made for sim racing, where you can find lags, different fov, limited visibility, a all different concept...
    And these where the rules used in Grand Prix Legends Leagues

nothing against you OP...;)

17. NeverKrash

I wrote that for Pastor, hope he's watching:eek: - just more vigilance when a car is occupying a space alongside.
    Cunnu79 made a nice image in his thread about priorities and rights.
    Thx

18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I think I explained my reasoning in my original post on the matter on your thread. The whole "leave room" argument, whether the overtaking car is 1/2, 1/3 or 1/16th of the way past the car infront is to avoid collisions. Your race potentially ends (especially when damage is enabled) when you're facing the wrong way, no matter whose fault it is.

Just a word of advice; if you're joining a league race ensure you know what the rule is on this matter because it can vary between communities.

And if you're going to host one yourself, good luck with policing it ;)

19. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Got the point, but I've tried to explain what are "cornering rights", the 1/2 distance is to avoid stupids dive bombing. Think about it, if there is less than 1/2 car, the distance I've to travel to overtake is greater, I've to brake harder, maybe blocking tyres, there's more chance of hitting you, or going wide, but if I try to do the same action while already 1/2 in , I'll have to brake less harder, there's more chance I'll get trough with out collision, because in this case also the other driver undertands that you trying to overtake him (and you have the right of it)and will leave you space for your action...we have to use clear body language, you can't dive bomb from behind and pretend that the driver understands your intentions+give's you space...think about it...:)

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

All the more reason to leave extra room instead of trying to guess if the car behind is 1/3 past you or 1/2 way past you ;)

And I have thought about it quite extensively when admining servers for the last 2 years...

Sure, if someone dive bombs you and has no chance of making the corner at his speed of travel and hits you then of course he is at fault, no question there. But, if his car is in good control and can make the corner without hitting you, he is entitled to the piece of tarmac in front of him. If you move across him 'when any portion of his car is alongside you', how can you expect him to slow down quicker or move off the track when he is already on the edge of grip? If he braked harder he'd probably just lock up his tyres and plough into the side of you. He can't disappear and he can't move off the track out of your way so there is going to be a collision, which is one of the reasons why the FIA did away with that antiquated rule.

You also have to consider a third person who may be following close behind both of you. You get spun out on a chicane (because you didn't leave room) and that person has nowhere to go but into you. Now his race is buggered too.

You'll finish more races and you will spoil other innocent peoples races less if you just leave room for others on track.

Backmarker likes this.
  21. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Just a general comment: in professional racing there are lots of controversies regarding collisions and lots of grey situations. Yet there are pros, with clockwork consistency in racing lines and breaking points, and of course no lag. Most of us are amateurs, there is always a certain amount of lag in multi and our senses are limited to the software and hardware that we use. So there are going to be many more unclear situations than in real racing. For example the guy behind may be surprised by an early turn in, an early or unexpected braking, which may also be caused/amplified by lag. Of course there are blatant cases of reckless/mean moves, but besides that it is better to refer to "guidelines" or "code of conduct" (rather than "rules" or "laws"), ie principles that we should try to follow knowing that sometimes there will be mistakes or simply bad luck that will breach them.