1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Aventador SuperVeloce! - Real VS Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Jun 14, 2016.

1. TDS

TDS Alien

jeez that was some agressive driving, looked like lots of fun ;-)

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The track is already in AC as a mod which is what is used in the video, a laser scanned one or even a slightly updated version of the mod made official would not be a bad thing. The track itself is very small so quite likely not everyone's type of track and a beast like this would feel a little caged in at this place but seems Aris had a blast in it there Chris Harris style.

AlleyViper likes this.
  3. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

I wonder if this has anything to do with the 17th :eek:

f1webberfan likes this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

One awesome video. Would think driving skills like this on a game developer is extremely rare, or even unique? Very fitting he does the physics.

alex72 and Glaurung like this.
  5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Nope, 17th announcement is much bigger!

Casper, alex72, ericRacer and 47 others like this.
  6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

PS: I wonder if the game had to accommodate new suspension physics for this car.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  7. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

[​IMG]

alex72, Vel, MarcoTav and 38 others like this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You mean like a bigger Lambo. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seria17hri11er and Slavc like this.
  9. Aristotelis

So let's start talking about the car, shall we?

First thing that impressed me... the same in-game sensation that you get with all hypercars, of "brakes are not enough".
    I mean you feel that they do an exceptional work, really big deceleration... but you also see the turn approaching much faster than you would like. You need to start braking much sooner than your usual braking points on the track. Physics are physics no way around it.

Tiago Lima, alex72, Vel and 39 others like this.
  10. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

I enjoyed that video! What a car, and great driving skills :eek: Very curious about what you guys have in store for us on the 17th.

I miss AC more and more each day...:(

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Awesome driving Aris. How many time/laps for preparation did you have before this first hell of a lap?

And wow for the AC comparison, SO close. How many takes did you need to match the real video (per corner, I suppose)?

TDS likes this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

...so then now I can give my 2 cents :oops:

Great car, great driving, great comparison. Thx Aris! But definitely no car for me, much to intimidating.
    Great job as always.

13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

serious props to kunos for grabbing the license for this beast & not just staying with a stock aventador. after the sub-7 ring time i really hoped it wasnt too late. this car fits AC like a glove.

f1webberfan likes this.
  14. Aristotelis

Thanks @Minolin and everybody else, no false modesty, we are very happy about that video :D
    The video is the 4th lap. I had 3 laps to understand the car and then in the pits and instantly out with the overheated tyres. With optimum temps it pushes a bit more, but it's easy to overheat them as you can imagine.

Well for the AC preparation, it's not easy to respond because obviously I was doing the physics and trying to make the car behave as close to reality as possible.
    All in all, it took me around 7-8 laps to match the drift and smooth lap, plus some extra passages for outside cameras.

The main issues I had, trying to match the real with the virtual, is that a 4WD car is not so easy to drift exactly where you want it, both in reality and in the sim. It's easy to start the drift and to maintain it and control it, but not so easy to go exactly at the place you want with the exact same steering wheel angle and so on. Too much power, too much traction, too much slip with all 4 wheels... too much :D

uff_, Casper, alex72 and 22 others like this.
  15. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Impressive, this is pretty little practice - especially the IRL part.
    Alien :p

Glaurung and Mr.Mugel like this.
  16. Aristotelis

To be honest, I was surprised myself.
    I've found out that the car had lot's of lock. At the first lap I was doing some small drifts but instantly releasing the accelerator because of fear of course (you know... 400.000€)
    Second lap I did a pretty big power drift on the exit of the corners and understood I could put my foot down and drive it out with the steering wheel. The trick was to countersteer a bit less than normally needed, otherwise the car would go very wide and off the track...
    Then I did a half spin, and turning around I found out it had lot's of lock... so I tried again and when I was around 60° sideways I gave it some gas... and it straighten back! From there on, it was full hardcore! :D

Casper, Tiago Lima, alex72 and 31 others like this.
  17. Fabioc8

Fabioc8 Racer

When will we be able to try it?:D
    Great video BTW

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Watched the review on the channel. Great videos!^^ Surprised and very happy to hear that the magnetic dampers and new setup transformed the car from typical understeer-y behaviour of AWD Lamborghinis to this track beast and that we're getting it in Assetto. :) Now I know how Formula D looks like in Italy! (kidding) :p

19. Aristotelis

Soon™ :D

Personally I'm not so sure about that. I believe the Magnetorheological (gasp!) dampers permit a much wider setting range than normal valve dampers (which in virtual world you don't have issues with, you just set whatever value you want, no fear of breaking a piston or a valve). I think the car has simply a much more aggressive setup both in suspension and in the differentials.

20. Great driving, great video, great game keeps getting better. Really looking forward to seeing how the SV compares to the Huayra.

Aris, any chance of the standard Aventador, or is that gone now? No worries if so, you guys are doing a great job :)

Christopher Low likes this.